The NLD - scum Neutral Venue 2/3 @ 12:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
northbank123

Re: The NLD - scum Neutral Venue 2/3 @ 12:30

Post by northbank123 »

Thought that was a very good performance. Tactically spot on - extra man in CM strangled them and we pressed well in the right areas. Lacazette dropping in to press Wanyama and Sissoko worked well. We moved it well going forward on the break, and if we had genuine quality forward players we would have had a field day. We were defensively sound whilst having a bit of a plan going forward rather than just sticking everyone behind the ball and hoping for the best like at City.

Some outstanding performances - amazing save from Leno, Sokratis was a beast, Koscielny excellent, Monreal really solid, Ramsey was everywhere and Mkhitaryan had his best game in an arsenal shirt. Sadly the likes of Mustafi and Xhaka are going to cost us time and time and time and fucking time again.

At the end of the day we missed a hatful of great chances and they looked like creating nothing except an offside run and Mustafi’s customary fuck-up. Was worried we would go to pieces at 1-1 but we steadied up and were the ones pushing for the win.

Very frustrating in the short-term but shows that we can absolutely get results in these sorts of games. Definitely something to build on next season and hopefully in the Europa League latter stages.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:30 pm
Danny Rose goes stud up into the chest of Leno and gets yellow :roll:
Could have broken a few ribs. If Leno had been standing, that would have been six studs in his knee and nobody questioning it. Also should undoubtedly have been on a yellow for that obvious dive.

They won’t rescind Torreira’s red. Wrong decision I thought but the old men at the FA aren’t bothered typically unless it’s one of their favourites.

augie

Post by augie »

I agree BUT if auba wasn't so fcuking arrogant he probably would have scored anyway.

I always tell me kids that body language of a player on the pitch is very telling - to me it looked like he sulked cos he didn't start, and put in minimal effort when brought on

Unlike some, I actually think that ozil tried when he came on, and ramsey had disappeared from the game long before being subbed

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

augie wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:05 pm
Bt studio pundits (c.unts one and all) discussed the torreira red card, and every single one of them disagreed with the decision - they then discuss it with some no mark ex ref crunt (Walton), and he spits some b.ullshit about safety of players and says it was the correct decision :shock: :shock: Torreira clearly won the ball. That isnt even debatable ffs. How the fcuk was it a red card ?? IF walton thinks that torreira's challenge was a red card, then surely he thinks that rose's studs up challenge on leno was a red card ??

If all things were right torreira's red card would be overturned - I think we all know that aint happening :roll: :censored: :cussing: :cussing:

That's because he's neither a surprised eyebrow little fuckk nor a Fat Tongued cun.t golden boy of the FA :banghead: :cussing: :box:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

If you are playing Mustafi you aren't "getting it right", not all of it anyway. He's a fucking disaster, EVERY game....he always fucks up, then does something insanely reckless in a vain attempt to recover. And then of course he adopts the "who me" position as he brings his hands up to his chest and approaches the ref with an incredulous look. He learned that aggrieved, not my fault attitude from Wenger. I loathe the guy. Him & Xhaka :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

northbank123 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:43 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:30 pm
Danny Rose goes stud up into the chest of Leno and gets yellow :roll:
Could have broken a few ribs. If Leno had been standing, that would have been six studs in his knee and nobody questioning it. Also should undoubtedly have been on a yellow for that obvious dive.

They won’t rescind Torreira’s red. Wrong decision I thought but the old men at the FA aren’t bothered typically unless it’s one of their favourites.
Watching scum losing to Burnley last week I was telling my mate how mush I dislike Rose. Last year I heard he was seeing a therapist as he was feeling envious, bitter and depressed that his team was having so much success and he was missing it all through a long term injury.

Presumably in the first few sessions the therapist explained to the d!ckhead, the meaning of the word success.

augie

Post by augie »

xisstential wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:20 pm
If you are playing Mustafi you aren't "getting it right", not all of it anyway. He's a fucking disaster, EVERY game....he always fucks up, then does something insanely reckless in a vain attempt to recover. And then of course he adopts the "who me" position as he brings his hands up to his chest and approaches the ref with an incredulous look. He learned that aggrieved, not my fault attitude from Wenger. I loathe the guy. Him & Xhaka :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

As a loooong time critic of mustafi I have to agree with most of that but I also wonder about your criticism of dick though - who should he be putting in at right full ? Lichsteiner everyone has written off as too old and too slow. Jenks everyone says is not premier league level. Maitland-Niles everyone says is not a good enough defender. What exactly is dick meant to do in bellend's absence ? Personally I'm not sure what the right answer to that question is - mustafi would certainly be at the bottom of that list, but honestly I'm not sure there is a big difference between any of them.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

Northbank summed up the performance brilliantly.

The points were there to be taken by us and should’ve been with us. Love Auba but he just didn’t look confident - soft penalty, no swirl and no placement. He should’ve buried that penalty along with the c*unts in the ground today. Mustafi I thought did well but he always has a retard moment and unfortunately that was it.

After the game they were all celebrating and taking the piss out of us like they’ve won something. Outside the ground, all the grey hair *word censored* tried fighting with us, throwing coins and cones and acting all big behind the police barrier. Shit club no stadium and always a shit club with no dignity.

Can someone explain what the actual fuck was the linesman doing, do your fucking job and watch for the players on the edge of the box. Verthongen yards inside the fucking box during the penalty.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

augie wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:36 pm
xisstential wrote:

As a loooong time critic of mustafi I have to agree with most of that but I also wonder about your criticism of dick though - who should he be putting in at right full ? Lichsteiner everyone has written off as too old and too slow. Jenks everyone says is not premier league level. Maitland-Niles everyone says is not a good enough defender. What exactly is dick meant to do in bellend's absence ? Personally I'm not sure what the right answer to that question is - mustafi would certainly be at the bottom of that list, but honestly I'm not sure there is a big difference between any of them.
There is nothing he can do. Mustafi did a well enough job for playing out of his normal postition which he doesn’t excel in either. Better than putting Xhaka there because he is awful, even more so than Mustafi who did alright the games he played there.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

The most criminal thing the dickhead linesman did was not stand in line when the free kick was being taken. I mean that’s fucking 101 when it comes to officiating. Stupid bastard.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Jenks might not be a premier league level player but he is a right back, Mustafi isn't even a player never mind a defender :lol:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Just so many cu.nts today, scum fans, ref, that linesman, Kane, Vertonghen, Rose, Mustafi - just so many cu.nts.

I know we have to look at the positives but by fuck did we piss away a glorious chance to beat the scum.

I don't care if Jenks looks like Bambi on ice sometimes ffs he's less of a liability than that fucking useless £35M wenker twat from Germany.

Auba - Christ watching it back on TV and he didn't look like he wanted it and his last pen against the scum was saveable too - we did wonder whether Ozil just sticking it in the top corner might be the better option. Just like Noble did just now for the sham!

On the plus side scum away at Wembley is so much better than going to the swamp.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

clockender1 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:39 pm
augie wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:35 pm
clockender1 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:23 pm
Clash wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:13 pm
.. but we played fucking well today and Emery got it right .
He did get it right.

And that was our best defensive performance of the season - away from home against a top five club (spit).

Its a big result.

Many on here were afraid we'd get tonked. It never happened and we were robbed of three points.

And all the pundits praised our steel today.

Dick knows. :barscarf:

Not disagreeing with that BUT, my focus is more on our penalty miss than the offside decision for their penno - no doubt fat tongue was offside, but if bangbang scores the offside decision is irrelevent
Vertonghen was encroaching Augs, he never would have blocked Aubas tap in if he hadnt of been - he was almost level with Auba when Auba struck the ball.

In that sense we wuz robbed mate.
By the rules of the game the penalty should have been retaken

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

augie wrote:
xisstential wrote:

I like Emery and I want him to succeed BUT, I find his fondness for Xhaka, Mustaf,i & to a lesser extent Iwobi, worrying. You just know, and I expressed these worries before the game, that both Mustafi & Xhaka can, and probably will, do something to cost us the game.....they never fail on that score. I dislike EVERYTHING about Mustafi, Xhaka comes a very close second. Don't forget Kane's first disallowed goal came from a free kick needlessly given away by Xhaka in a dangerous area. THAT is what both Xhaka & Mustafi give you.......EVERY game. ANYBODY but those two.

And most of us are trying to take the positives, and I understand that, but to me it honestly feels like a loss, ruined my day :( :( :(

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Rian1 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:03 pm
augie wrote:
xisstential wrote:

There is nothing he can do. Mustafi did a well enough job for playing out of his normal postition which he doesn’t excel in either. Better than putting Xhaka there because he is awful, even more so than Mustafi who did alright the games he played there.
Fuck that.....he's dreadful, I don't care where he plays....spurs were stupid, if they played smart they could have run him off the park. He's always diving in...going to ground unnecessarily. And he gave away a penalty that cost us the game. He's like Cech & Xhaka, you just know they will inflict some sort of damage on the team if they play. Fuck him.