The NLD - scum Neutral Venue 2/3 @ 12:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
AkneyGooner

Re: The NLD - scum Neutral Venue 2/3 @ 12:30

Post by AkneyGooner »

Same. This is a chance to derail Thier whole season.

I haven't felt this since the "mind the gap " season

If we beat them both us Chelsea and manutd are chasing them out of top four, they were never title contenders, but no CL would hit them moving to a new shitholeBowl

Technically we are in transition, they have an Elite manager who has 4 seasons under his trophyless belt.

If Wenger was a has been (an he was in the last ten years) poxychinos (TM DB10) is a never was... But he is an Elite " never was" and that is what is important :lol:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Herd wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:49 pm
Can't sleep been lying in bed since 10 .
How old are you now then?

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

augie wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:20 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:35 pm
Tbh Ozil is a risk. As much as I obviously rate him he would have to be fully up for this one and on top form. I'd certainly start him and then pull him if he's on a quiet day. If he's on it he can create the goals we need. If he's not then get Ramsey on and hope he does one of his "spectaculars".

Key for me is Comedy Iwobi does not start, Mustafi does not start and Xhaka does not start.

But of course all 3 probably will..... :roll: :banghead:

This ^^^^

It is common knowledge around the league now, that ozil can be put off his game very easily and that when it happens, his effort is negligible then. His attitude is being questioned at every turn, and his inclusion/exclusion for every game is (in a non angry way) proving slightly divisive amongst the fans. His quality is unquestionable but his application most certainly is questionable, and I don't think that this is the type of fixture that we can afford to have that uncertainty hanging over us/him from minute one. Personally, and I don't like saying this, but I would start ramsey ahead of ozil - his performances aren't always where I want them to be, but his attitude has been beyond reproach which, for a guy on his way out of the club, is very commendable 8)
The one negative in that move is that I believe that ozil will down tools for the rest of the season if he doesnt start this game - he has played well of late, he knows that even the fans are talking about how much fluid the team movement is with him on the pitch, and he will believe that if he cant start now, then he is fcuked as a player in this club

Btw my midget mod, sadly we all have to acknowledge (but not accept), that lard arse iwobi is gonna part of dick's first 11 for the remainder of this season - maybe somewhere along the way dick has got caught up in some nigerian bank account con job, cos there has to be some reason why dick keeps picking lard arse, but for the life of me I cant see that reason :roll:
Ozil has to start, he is our most creative and highest paid player, if he cant be “risked” in the big games, then he has to go. Theres no point in him starring in games against dross, that we would win with or without him.
Starting him today and seeing how he performs, would also provide a measure of how Emery has managed this whole situation.
If he starts and has yet another no show then Emery should leave him out for the rest of the season, Emery’s position for me is still somewhat under question, he can’t allow Ozil to detract from him doing his job and winning over the doubters.
Not to start him would be the easy option but also unforgiveable.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Most of their fans I know are absolutely not looking forward to this today and its a massive chance for Dick and the boys to capitalise on the unease that will be round the stadium

I don't know which Arsenal to expect in away games these days. Will it be the team who stood tall during the 22 game unbeaten run and went to OT and should have won the game......or the limpdicks who went to Anfield and the Etihad and barely laid a glove on the oppo? I hope that the past 3 games have instilled some confidence although I have to say BATE, Southampton and Bournemouth in particular were absolutely abject and it couldn't have been an easier run.

It will be absolutely unforgiveable if we don't bring our A game from the first minute. The high intensity, high press fast starts have been the story of the last 3 games and we need to brave enough to do it here today. If we tip toe into Wembley sitting deep and the snowflakes like Ozil and Aubameyang go into hiding and don't give us an outlet, we will get a bumholing

Get them going towards their own goal, listen to the crowd start turning on them like the fickle c.unts they are and start to write a new chapter. They are still a better team than us from 1 to 11, certainly a stronger defensive unit but confidence is a fragile thing and we probably haven't had a better chance in the last 3 to 4 years to go to their gaff and turn them over

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Hate to say it but think we will be well beaten today.

No need for it but after the last few years and the recent showings at Liverpool and City I think it is always going to feel like this until we turn up in one of these massive away games and send out a massive statement.

Won’t get a better chance than today for a fucking long time, I tell you that.

Fucking come on.

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Apologies but I’ve woken up feeling ‘confident’

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

I think that unholy trio of Iwobi, Xhaka & Mustafi were being rested for this game & I am expecting all 3 to start :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Emery: "When I ask Monreal & Kolasinac about the player who helps you play better on the pitch, they name Iwobi. Iwobi can open up space on the overlap for them. So I think Iwobi is giving a lot for us".

So there you have it.........Seems crazy that you can work in a sport where you see so many outstanding players, on occasions the best in the world, yet he cannot see how truly awful these 3 are. I actually think, Xhaka is the worst of the 3 as he offers nothing besides self inflicting harm to the team.

augie

Post by augie »

northbank123 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:06 am
Hate to say it but think we will be well beaten today.

No need for it but after the last few years and the recent showings at Liverpool and City I think it is always going to feel like this until we turn up in one of these massive away games and send out a massive statement

Won’t get a better chance than today for a fucking long time, I tell you that.

Fucking come on.

Agree totally with the highlighted bit - I think that some are getting carried away by our recent winning run (and ozil's part in it), especially when you consider the level of opposition teams we have faced. We have yet to see anything that suggests that THESE PLAYERS have the balls to stand up in a big away game against a top 4/top 6 rival, and until that happens I too will remain skeptical of our chances

What I do disagree with is the feeling amongst a lot of our fans that this is a great time to play them cos they are in a bad run - they lost away at burnley and that is a tough place to get a win for any team, plus they lost away to the chavs and that would always be a tough game for them. The homeless saga has without doubt affected them mentally, but they have fat tongue and a few other injured players coming back again, so they will certainly be boosted by that.

This could be a long game if we concede early, cos we might then take a hammering. However IF we can frustrate them for the first 30 minutes or so, the pressure will start to rise on them and their fans will start to turn.

Sadly I am going for a 3-1 defeat :cry: :cry: :cry:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:38 am
Herd wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:49 pm
Can't sleep been lying in bed since 10 .
How old are you now then?
:lol:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Arsenal XI:
19Leno
20Mustafi
5Papastathopoulos
6Koscielny
18Monreal
29Guendouzi
34Xhaka
7Mkhitaryan
8Ramsey
17Iwobi
9Lacazette
Substitutes
1Cech 10 Özil 11Torreira 14Aubameyang 15Maitland-Niles 22D Suárez 31Kolasinac

Ziegler1988

Post by Ziegler1988 »

Some odd choices in that lineup.....hopefully pays off. COYG

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Couldn't sleep properly as usual and the old tum tum is spinning like a washing machine on super dooper crazy rinse speed ...

Keep swaying between Very Confidnet and absolute dread

What I DO know is that if we can get a win their season will totally fall apart in the most spectacular fashion - even more so than ever before fore the swamp dwellers

If we draw that'll still do damage to them BUT we "Need" a win.

Oh! Please God, Goddess, Allah, Buddha and Bergkamp. :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Emery has bottled it with this team selection, Mikhitaryan.? Mustafi, Iwobi?
Could get hammered here today if the spuds turn in a performance like against Dortmund!
I pray I’m wrong :cry:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Dick Knows.

Auba will come on and batter them when they are tired.

Likewise if we are leading, Torreira will come on and protect the lead.

Spurs are tired and deflated. This is going to be interesting.

Have heart you Sons of Highbury, have heart. :barscarf:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

In the pub - on the first pint, just ordered a full English :barscarf:

Really up for this today - disappointed that he has left out Torreira and Kolasinac.

With Ozil and Aubamayang we have the stronger bench.