Anfield 89 - 30th Anniversary!!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Anfield 89 - 30th Anniversary!!

Post by DB10GOONER »

It's creeping closer..... :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Ohhh! What Sheer BLISS it would be to know the victims season was toast before this momentus occasion.

ps: MR Arsenal "Knows"

https://twitter.com/search?q=%22Tony%20 ... 2&src=tren

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

StuartL wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:07 pm
I have toyed with the idea of doing the tour of Anfield just to get a picture in my 89 away shirt infont of the Anfield sign, showing 2-0 on my hands.
That would be funny but imagine the scene later when the entire tour group and victim employees are telling 'the bizzies' that you slipped and fell.

Stab marks and footprints on his body officer, no idea, I just saw him slip and fall. Ok that's good enough for me now fuck off back to London you cockney bastard. Bunch of cu.nts the lot of them.

I too will be watching the wall to wall media coverage celebrating the match......oh no Liverpool lost didn't they so there will be fuck all on :lol: Guess I'll just have to stick on the 89 DVD and have a rewatch of that. A great weekend and the Sunday up at the town hall was pure pandemonium, the likes of which we will never see again in this health and safety world. It's a great memory to have though 8)

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

StuartL wrote:
I have toyed with the idea of doing the tour of Anfield just to get a picture in my 89 away shirt infont of the Anfield sign, showing 2-0 on my hands.
Having the same thought myself. I wonder if Mickey Thomas will be around the ground on that day, after all he lives on the Wirral nowadays. Would be the best £20 I've spent all year.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Europa League final is on the anniversary of Heysel.
I am sure that Liverpool fans would agree that we must all not forget that!

Clash

Post by Clash »

Despite recent events, debates and discussions ...

26 May 1989 is STILL the most dramatic game / goal / moment / drama etc. that EVER happened on that Anfield pitch. And it always will be!

This is not bias on my part. This is not me preaching to the converted either. This is 100% fact!

There is no debate to be had and any attempt at disagreeing is desperate and laughable!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Clash wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 4:30 pm
Despite recent events, debates and discussions ...

26 May 1989 is STILL the most dramatic game / goal / moment / drama etc. that EVER happened on that Anfield pitch. And it always will be!

This is not bias on my part. This is not me preaching to the converted either. This is 100% fact!

There is no debate to be had and any attempt at disagreeing is desperate and laughable!

Amen. Absolutely 100%. 8)

Herd

Post by Herd »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 12:14 pm
StuartL wrote:
That would be funny but imagine the scene later when the entire tour group and victim employees are telling 'the bizzies' that you slipped and fell.

Stab marks and footprints on his body officer, no idea, I just saw him slip and fall. Ok that's good enough for me now fuck off back to London you cockney bastard. Bunch of cu.nts the lot of them.

I too will be watching the wall to wall media coverage celebrating the match......oh no Liverpool lost didn't they so there will be fuck all on :lol: Guess I'll just have to stick on the 89 DVD and have a rewatch of that. A great weekend and the Sunday up at the town hall was pure pandemonium, the likes of which we will never see again in this health and safety world. It's a great memory to have though 8)
Nah be more like "ya ve are norvegian kopites und ve lurv liverpool fc and the beatles !"
I missed the parade cos I had to go back to th usa on the sunday ,had lost my voice and couldnt speak for 2 days ,best few days ever !

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:53 pm
Eboue-Why? wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:53 am
Always honoured and privileged to be able to say that I was there :barscarf:
Ah yes..... one of the lucky 48000 we had in Anfield that night..... :lol: :wink:
I’m even more privileged to say that one of my old mates gives me a name check on the official DVD so put that in yer pipe and smoke it!!

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Herd wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 12:03 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 12:14 pm
StuartL wrote:

Nah be more like "ya ve are norvegian kopites und ve lurv liverpool fc and the beatles !"
I missed the parade cos I had to go back to th usa on the sunday ,had lost my voice and couldnt speak for 2 days ,best few days ever !
Sadly (hopefully !) they will have the Champions League trophy on display, so,I expect the place will be rammed with bin dippers.
Might have to wait a few months to do the deed.

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

Just noticed Talkshite are doing a 20 year celebration of Manure’s treble, but nothing for us. Guess it’s because football only started in 1992 with them pricks!

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Anyone wanting to visit anfield on 26th May, a heads up it the Liverpool marathon is being run in the morning and the roads are closed off around anfield until 3pm.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Nos89 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 12:48 pm
Anyone wanting to visit anfield on 26th May, a heads up it the Liverpool marathon is being run in the morning and the roads are closed off around anfield until 3pm.
But how will locals get to work ?....................

..... oh yeah....silly me..

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Bradywasking wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 5:02 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 12:48 pm
But how will locals get to work ?....................

..... oh yeah....silly me..
:lol: :lol:

Apparently Liverpool has achieved 100% employment and fortunately while the occupation of being a victim is in fact a full time job they can still all work from home....and in some cases from other people's homes :lol:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Happy St. Michael's Day. It was up for grabs 30 years ago, nobody gave us a chance, it was like climbing a mountain and we kept our powder dry. :barscarf: