Renne (A) Europa League 7/3 @ 17:55

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Nos89

Re: Renne (A) Europa League 7/3 @ 17:55

Post by Nos89 »

augie wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:51 am
Nos89 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:26 am
Absolute shambles from the moment sokratis got himself sent off. What monreal did that led to their 3rd goal was a disgrace. He downed tools stood on the sidelines with hads on his hips sulking. Ramsey ran past guendouzi to try and get to block their runner who scored. Absolute no urgency or awareness by guendouzi of the rennes player, and people are saying he's the future.
Why didn't the captain get hold of sokratis after the first bookable challenge and tell him to calm the fuck down?
couldn't understand UE decisions in this game. There was some proper strange ones tonight.
Post match interview with ben arfa laughing at emery on the touchline has got me steaming.
Auba was right to be pissed off at being substituted for a fucking left back. We needed a goal threat.
Mikhi at RB with AMN on the bench?
The experience players are letting the team down. Ditch the main culprits and play the kids. I've said it before and got shot down, but look at tonights result. Play willock, amn, nketieh, a bit of pace and energy.

And that lazy c.unt wasn't gonna be it - he strutted around contributing fcuking zero, and then had the cheek to look pissed off when subbed ?? I would actually have shot the lazy crunt if I could have last night, and him and lacazette need to both get an attitude change or be told to fcuk off

Btw isn't it funny how much better players are when they don't play ? Nketieh has shown nothing to suggest that he is good enough to play at this level, but now he is part of the solution according to you
Nketieh is an alternative, not the solution. And judging by the bench is the only alternative we have as a striker. The team needs energy and pace. Ramsey out running Guendouzi is a sight that saddens me. £60m to PSG i would take that in a blink of an eye. Even Eboue would've put more effort in getting back than Guendouzi did.
It's also somehat frightening that up until the bournemouth game Welbeck (remember him) was still our 3rd highest goalscorer for the season, and he's been out since October!!!

Block93

Post by Block93 »

xisstential wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:33 am
rodders999 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:13 am
If we do nothing in the summer other than binning Xhaka and Mustafi (for free if need be) it will still be the best transfer window in the club's history.

Two absolute shit stains.
It would have to be free....no manager in his right mind would pay for them.
In all probability we would end up getting a fee for those two, yet nothing for Ramsey. The ultimate irony.

You couldn't make it up if you tried.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Still pissed off

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

All said and done, getting away with a 2-1 defeat would have been a huge escape with the chances we shipped and 10 men. We would still have been overwhelming favourites to brush them aside next week.

Why the fuck were we caught with all but 2 players the wrong side of the centre circle with 2 minutes left? Hardly like we had been banging down the door searching for an equaliser. Two left backs on the pitch and nowhere within eyesight as our makeshift striker was the only one busting a guy to get back and defend the cross.

It was largely just one of those days. Cruising and a defender gets sent off in the first half, Lacazette (who we were crying out for) was suspended, and all of our supposed senior an/or best players had complete stinkers. I actually didn’t mind him leaving Ozil on and trying to retain possession and some goal threat, but that game management was just frightening to be caught on the break like that.

I will cut Emery a lot of slack for none of our players having a defensive ethos, but he should have seen what was happening in front of him. That was completely amateur.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

2 - 1 down in the first leg of a tie and down to 10 men so we'll keep it tight guys and see this out so we can turn it round in the second leg....or then again maybe we won't.

WTF goes through some of these arseholes heads and I include Dick in that. We're still charging around like a bunch of dicks with our usual nonchalant approach to defence, shape and game management and guess what we ship a third. We are so fucking predicatable sometimes.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2019/03/0 ... nnes-loss/

The amount of *word censored* on social media i have seen having a go at the fans over this :banghead: You are a millionaire playing shit against the 10th best team in France, and yet are shocked to receive abuse from fans who have spent huge amounts and invested time to travel out there and support you. Footballs are pampered pricks(ours especially) and if they are going to play like they don't give a fuck, then expect to get some abuse. If this was Italy or Spain, getting roared at in the airport would be the least of their worries.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

BFG4 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:47 pm

The amount of *word censored* on social media i have seen having a go at the fans over this :banghead: You are a millionaire playing shit against the 10th best team in France, and yet are shocked to receive abuse from fans who have spent huge amounts and invested time to travel out there and support you. Footballs are pampered pricks(ours especially) and if they are going to play like they don't give a fuck, then expect to get some abuse. If this was Italy or Spain, getting roared at in the airport would be the least of their worries.
100%

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

An absolutely fantastic 2 days on the lash in Rennes which 90 minutes of farce couldn't ruin

The best atmosphere at a ground that I can remember in years - the sort you might have got once upon a time over here pre the invention of modern football in 1992. The Rennes fans love their team, they are all locals and proud of their region and they let you know at every opportunity. Fair play to them, I couldn't hear myself think inside the stadium and our little snowflakes were clearly more used to trendy beards coming in to the stadium 10 minutes into the game with a slice of pizza, disappearing off before half time and again 10 minutes before the end. They are bringing 5000 people over next week, so whilst 30 odd thousand will be latte sipping and asking their colleagues to sit down (apart from that wonderful Stand Up if you Ate Tottnum every 2 minutes), the away end will be rocking

Despite their passion for their team, the Rennes fans at large were some of the nicest fellas I could ever wish to meet. We drank in their pub before and after the game, and their respect for Arsenal is incredible. A number of them said what an honour it was to even be playing Arsenal and they were almost apologetic in shock and wanted us to join them partying in their town. A sore head all the way home yesterday

The game? Well, we might as well just abandon the game when we're down to 10 men because I can't remember the last time we ever played well and dug in with 10. Remember Atletico at our gaff last season? 10 men for almost the entire match and I witnessed some of finest defending and goalkeeping to be seen anywhere in Europe......and a world class striker who nabbed a goal from nothing. Compare and contrast - comedy book defending with our 'star striker' posing, sulking and trotting his way through another lamentable 90 minutes. As for Ozil - I'm sure DB10 spotted all the great stuff that the rest of us are clearly not intelligent enough to see, but there wasn't a single fan in the away end singing his praises. I can only hope his days are truly numbered, albeit I'm sure he'll sign off in style against some lower mid table dross before now and the end of the season. Whilst I can't fault Cech for the goals he goes down in instalments and I can't believe the defence find any confidence playing in front of him. The assured display at Wembley was founded upon Leno's work - everyone who has played the game knows what it does to a defence when they've got a *word censored* in goal behind them.

We're out now - Rennes will score and with sulky bollocks up front we won't get 3 or more.

Roll on the cricket season because after next Thursday that's all for me this year

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

BFG4 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:47 pm

I heard about the airport "incident" and read the condemnation on Twitter. Then I saw a clip of it and what was it? Nothing but a few frustrated fans venting their understandable anger . A few shouts of "rubbish" but the snowflake generation take the moral high ground ,I read that players may leave Arsenal in the Summer over it. That didn't come from the players obviously it was a fan's opinion. Players probably didn't even notice but if they did I hope they took notice. This was a performance and result on a par with the Forest Cup defeat last season and all involved need to realise it's not acceptable.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:39 am
Roll on the cricket season because after next Thursday that's all for me this year
This.

Reckon we'll bottle the World Cup somewhere along the line with a shit batting display under pressure, but we'll reclaim the Ashes from dirty convict hands on our grounds, in our conditions (hopefully cold and grey) with our fans behind the lads.

Can't wait 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:39 am
An absolutely fantastic 2 days on the lash in Rennes which 90 minutes of farce couldn't ruin

The best atmosphere at a ground that I can remember in years - the sort you might have got once upon a time over here pre the invention of modern football in 1992. The Rennes fans love their team, they are all locals and proud of their region and they let you know at every opportunity. Fair play to them, I couldn't hear myself think inside the stadium and our little snowflakes were clearly more used to trendy beards coming in to the stadium 10 minutes into the game with a slice of pizza, disappearing off before half time and again 10 minutes before the end. They are bringing 5000 people over next week, so whilst 30 odd thousand will be latte sipping and asking their colleagues to sit down (apart from that wonderful Stand Up if you Ate Tottnum every 2 minutes), the away end will be rocking

Despite their passion for their team, the Rennes fans at large were some of the nicest fellas I could ever wish to meet. We drank in their pub before and after the game, and their respect for Arsenal is incredible. A number of them said what an honour it was to even be playing Arsenal and they were almost apologetic in shock and wanted us to join them partying in their town. A sore head all the way home yesterday

The game? Well, we might as well just abandon the game when we're down to 10 men because I can't remember the last time we ever played well and dug in with 10. Remember Atletico at our gaff last season? 10 men for almost the entire match and I witnessed some of finest defending and goalkeeping to be seen anywhere in Europe......and a world class striker who nabbed a goal from nothing. Compare and contrast - comedy book defending with our 'star striker' posing, sulking and trotting his way through another lamentable 90 minutes. As for Ozil - I'm sure DB10 spotted all the great stuff that the rest of us are clearly not intelligent enough to see, but there wasn't a single fan in the away end singing his praises. I can only hope his days are truly numbered, albeit I'm sure he'll sign off in style against some lower mid table dross before now and the end of the season. Whilst I can't fault Cech for the goals he goes down in instalments and I can't believe the defence find any confidence playing in front of him. The assured display at Wembley was founded upon Leno's work - everyone who has played the game knows what it does to a defence when they've got a *word censored* in goal behind them.

We're out now - Rennes will score and with sulky bollocks up front we won't get 3 or more.

Good to see the chip on the shoulder still in place. But of course you are right. Ozil was the worst player on the that pitch right.

:coffeespit: