Manc Filth (H) 10/03 @ 16:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: Manc Filth (H) 10/03 @ 16:30

Post by augie »

goonersid wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:20 pm
augie wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:05 pm
goonersid wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:09 pm
It’s funny how some on here would have you believe that all Solskjaer’s success thus far has been pure luck and all Emery’s failures have either been down to bad luck with injuries or Wengers fault!
Be interesting to see what reasons the EKBs will wheel out, when Solskjaer once again totally outwits Emery and utd take 3 points

How much of their turnaround is down to solskjaer ? Everytime I turn around he has ferguscum holding his hand, giving pre-match team talks, and generally being in around the team. We'll see how good solskjaer is when he has to stand on his own two feet :roll: :oops: :oops:
Jesus Augie, you’ve lost it mate, as much as I hate him, I’m not blinded by it.

Sid forget about emery for a minute and just focus on that Norwegian tart - if you were a manc fan, would it not concern you at all that he seems to need ferguscum beside him a lot of the time ? From the minute he went in there, he brought ferguscum's methods (inc quiz nights) and then brought the Scottish alco in to give the pre-match team-talk before they played the victims, and then brought him with them over to psg as well :roll: These are all things that a manager can get away with in the short-term and when he has the bounce back effect, but somewhere along the line he needs to stand on his own 2 feet and then we'll see how he goes - will a manager whose managerial cv covers cardiff and molde, carry the same respect when he speaks, as a guy that has won every club trophy that he could win ? Will he be able to control pogba when he starts throwing his toys out of the pram (and we know it will happen) ? How will he respond when things start to go awry for him ? That is when you can judge a manager properly ?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:58 pm
goonersid wrote:
augie wrote:
goonersid wrote:
It’s funny how some on here would have you believe that all Solskjaer’s success thus far has been pure luck and all Emery’s failures have either been down to bad luck with injuries or Wengers fault!
Be interesting to see what reasons the EKBs will wheel out, when Solskjaer once again totally outwits Emery and utd take 3 points

How much of their turnaround is down to solskjaer ? Everytime I turn around he has ferguscum holding his hand, giving pre-match team talks, and generally being in around the team. We'll see how good solskjaer is when he has to stand on his own two feet :roll: :oops: :oops:

Sid forget about emery for a minute and just focus on that Norwegian tart - if you were a manc fan, would it not concern you at all that he seems to need ferguscum beside him a lot of the time ? From the minute he went in there, he brought ferguscum's methods (inc quiz nights) and then brought the Scottish alco in to give the pre-match team-talk before they played the victims, and then brought him with them over to psg as well :roll: These are all things that a manager can get away with in the short-term and when he has the bounce back effect, but somewhere along the line he needs to stand on his own 2 feet and then we'll see how he goes - will a manager whose managerial cv covers cardiff and molde, carry the same respect when he speaks, as a guy that has won every club trophy that he could win ? Will he be able to control pogba when he starts throwing his toys out of the pram (and we know it will happen) ? How will he respond when things start to go awry for him ? That is when you can judge a manager properly ?
100% bang on augie. 8)

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:07 am
augie wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:58 pm
goonersid wrote:
augie wrote:
goonersid wrote:

100% bang on augie. 8)
Before I respond, I absolutely detest Solskjaer and Fergie.
To almost suggest that Solskjaer’s succesd is down to Fergie is naive and absurd, yes they’ve been pictured a lot on social media and fergie offered some words of encouragement to the players before a recent fixture.
Solskjaer however works with them every day, picks the team and has a gameplan for each opponent! Results are down to him!
As for bringing back some fergies off the field activities? If it works ? Whats the problem!
As for his managerial cv, ok it’s not high level, but the players could do nothing but respect a former player, who spent most of his career playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world under the most successful manage in english football history and doing so in a thoroughly professional manner, ie happy to play from the bench when required. A true club man!
On pogba! he took advantage, knowing Mourinho was on a sticky wicket and chances were the club wouldnt back him in a straight manager v player fight!
Should he try this with Solskjaer, I reckon Solskjaer would employ some more of fergies management style and with the full backing of the board, Pogba would find himself in the same boat as Staam and Keane.
You both seem to be confusing what you want to believe and actual reality.
Whilst there may be some mancs with concerns, I reckon as Gooners we have a hell of a lot to be concerned about, at the prospect of our current boss leading us into next season! Because at the minute you’d be forgiven for thinking that Wenger was in the background coaching Emery, because as far as I can see nothing has changed!
I only hope Sunday doesnt reiterate that, but I fear it will.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Fucking Mancs will be shitting themselves after our performance last night !
The Baby faced Noggin is doing everything he can to make UTD win and is humble enough to seek help from his mentor ,nothing wrong with that Fergie still has a lot of kudos at Utd and for good reasons.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

No decent, ambitious manager is going to come to us without the assurance of a decent War Chest. Do people honestly think there are world class managers out there wishing they could manage this shower of shit just because it's AFC? When Wenger went loads of us wanted Tuchel...imagine him with this shower, he would have us getting relegated.

If we are not careful in a few years time we'll be shopping on the Pardew, Moyes, Allardyce, Hughes, Hodgson website.

Sunday's game, for me, is the defining point of Emery's season.......he HAS to win.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

In the unlikely event that we got a penalty, who would you want to take it ?

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

StuartL wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:00 pm
Lazazette.

Never want to see that other gimp take one again :evil:

augie

Post by augie »

StuartL wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:00 pm

Leno - fcuk the rest of them c.unts :evil: :evil:

On the subject of penno's, I dont normally visit aftv but decided to do so last saturday after the scum game, and I was absolutely stunned to see/hear every single one of them defend auba along the lines of "lets not be too hard on him" :shock: :shock: You get a penalty in the 89th minute knowing that converting it would mean defeating your local rivals for the second time this season, and you watch your striker stroll up and take a penalty like that and then be told "lets not be too hard on him" ?? Are you having a fcuking laff ?? Maybe we shouldnt be too hard on him after last night's disgraceful showing too ? Fcuking fcuk off if you aint gonna call it as it is :roll:

augie

Post by augie »

Herd wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:40 pm
The Baby faced Noggin is doing everything he can to make UTD win and is humble enough to seek help from his mentor ,nothing wrong with that Fergie still has a lot of kudos at Utd and for good reasons.

Herd I am not saying for one second that there is anything wrong with it, but what I am saying is that I would rather hold judging solskjaer until he is standing on his own two feet.
What I am finding it hard to comprehend/accept, is that there are Gooners out there lauding this guy on the back of a brief (albeit successful thus far) period in charge of them, but the same people are refusing to give dick the same credit after his 22 game unbeaten run - if they don't think dick is the right man to have in charge of our team then that is their right, but don't put solskjaer up as a great manager for having a similar record to him

Herd

Post by Herd »

augie wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:58 pm
Herd wrote:

Herd I am not saying for one second that there is anything wrong with it, but what I am saying is that I would rather hold judging solskjaer until he is standing on his own two feet.
What I am finding it hard to comprehend/accept, is that there are Gooners out there lauding this guy on the back of a brief (albeit successful thus far) period in charge of them, but the same people are refusing to give dick the same credit after his 22 game unbeaten run - if they don't think dick is the right man to have in charge of our team then that is their right, but don't put solskjaer up as a great manager for having a similar record to him
Fair nuff augie ,Im just pissed off their winning .I seriously hope he falls flat on his face but at the moment they are better than us and it hurts when any of our peers turn things around . I was thouroughly enjoying the maureen meltdown early season ! Dick needs to get his team going and then be judged whilst Im not happy at some things it's up to him toturn things around next season . We have lived through the nightmare of the Wenger twighlight and it may take some years to fully emerge from it's shadows but we live in a knee jerk world with many demanding instant gratification. Ole hasnt done much yet and the ONLY place he could have gone and done well at is UTD .that doesnt make him the new Pep G.

augie

Post by augie »

Herd wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:09 pm
augie wrote:
Herd wrote:

Fair nuff augie ,Im just pissed off their winning .I seriously hope he falls flat on his face but at the moment they are better than us and it hurts when any of our peers turn things around . I was thouroughly enjoying the maureen meltdown early season ! Dick needs to get his team going and then be judged whilst Im not happy at some things it's up to him toturn things around next season . We have lived through the nightmare of the Wenger twighlight and it may take some years to fully emerge from it's shadows but we live in a knee jerk world with many demanding instant gratification. Ole hasnt done much yet and the ONLY place he could have gone and done well at is UTD .that doesnt make him the new Pep G.

And all things being equal you should expect them to be better than us - they have a squad worth FAR more than ours (moaninho spent £400m on his players alone ffs) and they have (in my opinion) THE best keeper in the world too. We on the other hand have a squad with far too many shit footballers, and an owner that has proven that he does not intend putting any of his own money into the club to fix this problem.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

augie wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:33 pm
Herd wrote:
augie wrote:
Herd wrote:

And all things being equal you should expect them to be better than us - they have a squad worth FAR more than ours (moaninho spent £400m on his players alone ffs) and they have (in my opinion) THE best keeper in the world too. We on the other hand have a squad with far too many shit footballers, and an owner that has proven that he does not intend putting any of his own money into the club to fix this problem.
Would that be the same utd squad you ridiculed to your manc workmates? FFS Augie! Wake up and smell the fuckin coffee. You are contradicting yourself at every fucking turn! :cry:

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

If we lose on Sunday because they play better than us, then fair enough but if we are as clueless as we were in the cup game against them, then Emery has alot to answer for. I remember before a ball was kicked, we knew they were looking to hit us on the break, yet we set up in an overly attacking style anyway :banghead: The "he doesn't have the players" excuse is always made on here whenever he shits the bed tactically, but this game is season defining and if ever he needs to get his set-up right, it's now.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I’m convinced we’ll lose by three goals. The only way I think we can win is by Dick telling whoever plays full/wing back not to go over the halfway line. If we nullify their breaks we will do them but I can’t see the right tactics being employed by Dick. He has that very worrying ‘Wenger’ trait of not learning by his mistakes.

augie

Post by augie »

goonersid wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:29 pm
augie wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:33 pm
Herd wrote:
augie wrote:
Herd wrote:

Would that be the same utd squad you ridiculed to your manc workmates? FFS Augie! Wake up and smell the fuckin coffee. You are contradicting yourself at every fucking turn! :cry:

Sid out of boredom yesterday I went on sky sports website and did the pick the best 11 from the combined squads - my final 11 was made up of 6 manure players and 5 of ours, so the difference wasn't vast (although bellend was one of our 5). Since I made that original "we have a better squad than them" statement, we have seen the performances (and attitudes) of our 2 strikers go through the basement floor, and I couldn't justify picking either of them now and that swung it in their favour. I would also say that in the positions that they are better than us, they are mostly considerably better than us - de gea best keeper in the world, rashford better than both of our strikers, martial better than iwobi and mikki.

Unlike many of you I am expecting tomorrow's game to be a close game UNLESS we concede early - I think our fans will be well up for this and will help make it a blood and thunder type of game, and that usually suits our players. I am worried big time about the loss of torreira - I know that it is sometimes hard for a sub to get to the pace of the game, but the dozi lost possession so many times the other night as he received the ball outside our area, and that does not bode well if he is not learning from his mistakes.
If (as some fans have suggested) bangbang does check out what the fans are saying on social media, then he will surely know just how much venom is being thrown his direction after that shocking lack of effort on Thursday night - the question is if it will make any difference to him :rubchin: In 99% of cases when a player misses a crucial penalty (esp in the manner of how he missed it) against the local rivals, that player would bust a gut trying to make it up to the fans and team in the next match - what we witnessed on thursday night was a "I could not give 2 fcuks" response from the guy, so you would have to assume that his attitude wont have changed since.

I'm really nervous about tomorrow's game cos there is soooo much depending on it. If I'm honest I am nervous about what team and formation dick is going to choose, and I'm not feeling confident on that subject. Score early and it could be a great game for us, but concede early and it could be a really long day. I'm gonna sit on the fence and predict a 2-2 draw