Manc Filth (H) 10/03 @ 16:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
gp543

Re: Manc Filth (H) 10/03 @ 16:30

Post by gp543 »

What a wonderfully mature performance from Maitland-Niles today. Delighted to hear that Neville had his arse in his hands for most of the match as well.

oaodan

Post by oaodan »

clockender1 wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:16 pm
We have an easy run in, our next PL game is April 1st.

The spuds have city away and united have FOUR of the top seven.

Suarez had quick feet and nice balance today.

That back five won it for us though.
Its a great opportunity for this lot, but away at Everton,Watford,Leicester,Burnley,Wolves could be tough enough. Given our away form and recent history at some of those venues. Be great to see players show a bit of character and churn out the results. I guess we might be now travelling with a goalkeeper, and a centre back in Sokratis who is up for a battle. Injuries permitting, be great to leave Mustafi & Guendouzi on bench for run in.

augie

Post by augie »

oaodan wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:35 pm
clockender1 wrote:

Its a great opportunity for this lot, but away at Everton,Watford,Leicester,Burnley,Wolves could be tough enough. Given our away form and recent history at some of those venues. Be great to see players show a bit of character and churn out the results. I guess we might be now travelling with a goalkeeper, and a centre back in Sokratis who is up for a battle. Injuries permitting, be great to leave Mustafi & Guendouzi on bench for run in.

All season long we have shown serious inconsistencies in that we can beat almost anybody on our day, but also can lose to almost anybody on other days, so there is no way that we can get ahead of ourselves that's for sure. We have on paper the best run in, but matches are played on grass and we cannot afford any slip ups now. Other teams will have played in the league before we play again, so we will probably be out of the top 4 by then and will have to show no fear.
For what it is worth I absolutely believe that we will need guendouzi for the run in - he has hit a sticky patch lately, but he is a young kid who has done really well for his first season in England.

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

augie wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:48 pm
oaodan wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:35 pm
clockender1 wrote:

All season long we have shown serious inconsistencies in that we can beat almost anybody on our day, but also can lose to almost anybody on other days, so there is no way that we can get ahead of ourselves that's for sure. We have on paper the best run in, but matches are played on grass and we cannot afford any slip ups now. Other teams will have played in the league before we play again, so we will probably be out of the top 4 by then and will have to show no fear.
For what it is worth I absolutely believe that we will need guendouzi for the run in - he has hit a sticky patch lately, but he is a young kid who has done really well for his first season in England.

Agree on both points, douzi has made some silly mistakes like being caught on the ball, but these reflect on his level of experience, not his level of quality, when xhaka does it, it's not based on level of experience, and he did it s few times today.

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

In some ways, I wouldn't be too bothered if we went out of the Europa on Thursday night. We have a genuine chance of top four now (the bookies have us as odds-on), and I think if we're playing twice a week in April, we'll start dropping points in some of those league games - especially the away ones. And I don't necessarily think we'd win the Europa anyway, so CL via that route isn't exactly a guarantee.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

augie wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:19 pm
xisstential wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:14 pm
Souness..."If you don't start right you hand the initiative to the lesser team" So we're the "lesser team" are we.....then how come we are above them in the table? And have been for most of the season..............

Heard that too, and it pissed me off as well.

One thing I did like though, was the recognition from souness, Neville and Carragher, that dick has revitalised the place, and that we are overachieving with the squad we have - we have too many fans who still don't recognise how poor our squad actually is, and expect dick to be doing a lot better than we are
But didn't you say a little while back that only 2 of the Manc players would get in to our team, so what is it ?

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

VoiceOfReason wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:19 pm
In some ways, I wouldn't be too bothered if we went out of the Europa on Thursday night. We have a genuine chance of top four now (the bookies have us as odds-on), and I think if we're playing twice a week in April, we'll start dropping points in some of those league games - especially the away ones. And I don't necessarily think we'd win the Europa anyway, so CL via that route isn't exactly a guarantee.
Agree tbh. Given a choice would much rather win the UEFA Cup than finish 3rd or 4th but the latter is more realistic now

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Not got a hard-on for the top 4 by any stretch.

Yes would be lovely to finish above Chelsea and United (and/or Spurs!), not least because frankly they all have considerably better squads than we do.

But we have zero chance of being competitive in that competition next year. I guess it might give us a bit more money to spend this summer, but wouldn’t bank on it.

I would love to win every league game between now and the end of the season, but if I could take 5th and a Europa League win I would bite your hand off.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Delighted to have called this one so badly wrong before hand - FUCKING GET IN THERE !!!!

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Suddenly a defence minus Mustafi and that helmet headed c.unt in goal looks capable of keeping clean sheets. Please please please please Dick don't play this pair of utter c.unts on Thursday

Major performance from Maitland-Niles today - to do the business against a collection of quick forwards and look so assured takes some doing.

Hopefully that loss will end their lucky streak and start seeing the phone lines from Plymouth and Dublin go into meltdown as the plastic c.unts starting saying Solskjaer hasn't got enough experience !

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Call me greedy but I want third and the EL win.

Third means a longer preseason rather than the two CLQRs and Dick needs to push these players and put them under pressure plus make it clear to the top players out of contract in Europe that we are back to business.

That’s particularly important this summer as the new shirt deal gives us some wonga to spend.

corkbarry

Post by corkbarry »

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Have a feeling the FA will make an example of clubs where fans enter the field of play
Hope we don't get caught up in any punishment from the FA

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Fucking enjoyed that. And predicted it. :barscarf:

Leno MOTM. Some superb saves and decision making. The back 5 in general were superb. Sokratis is a proper old school hard bastard defender and a master of the dark arts. :lol:

Our midfield and particularly the front 3 were great for the work they put in to try control the pace of the game. Augie I think you are being slightly harsh on The Boomerang as he was doing a lot more tracking and pressing than he's done in weeks. Fair play to him for having the balls to step up for the penno after the scum miss but his penno was awful and if their keeper had stood a half second longer he would have saved it with his feet. We have to take Boomerang off pennos.

Apart from his excellent goal though I thought Xhaka was the worst player on the pitch. Just kept giving the ball away and was lucky not to be sent off for a second yellow for pulling Pogcunt back. Clown. No brain whatsoever. :roll:

Well I thought he was our worst player until Comedy Iwobi waddled on.... :roll: first touch loses posession and then oh look who is that jogging back 10 yards behind the attack he caused? After that he just continuously lost posession and waddled around doing fuck all. A complete bullshitter stealing a leaving. Honestly the next person on here that posts "he gets picked for his work rate" is getting a life ban. :censored: :lol:

The fat cùnt Moss and his linesmen were appalling all game. Apart from our penno they got almost every single decision wrong. Shocking.

Pogcunt should have been sent off for the clothesline he hit Ramsey with while already booked. Speaking of Ramsey I thought he was very good apart from one really stupid backheel that killed one of our attacks dead. He worked hard and for the most part he used the ball intelligently.

Finally the fat oxygen thief that is Lukaku. A complete joke of a footballer. How did this talentless fuckwit get so far in the game? I'm so happy he's at yanited. :lol:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

:(
Redarmy wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:59 am
Have a feeling the FA will make an example of clubs where fans enter the field of play
Hope we don't get caught up in any punishment from the FA
How hypocritical of the coin throwing spitting Scouser taking the moral high ground on this.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Yesterday was the difference between a Wenger coached side and a non Wenger coached side. With Wenger at the helm, we would have imploded and handed them chance after chance but i give Emery massive credit for learning from the cup Match. They still had some decent chances but the improvement was clear to see. Xhaka's goal was one of the strangest ive seen in a while and made DeGea look more like Almunia :barscarf: The penalty was dodgy but considering how shit the officials were last weekend, we deserved a bit of luck. Glad to burst that arrogant United bubble. Big props to AMN, who looked calm and assured and regardless of formation, should always start ahead of shit for brains Mustafi.

2 side points to make:
1. Gary Neville- the guy spent 90 minutes as a united cheerleader and at one stage was screaming for a United penalty for handball (four times) and then muttered some half apology when proven wrong. On top of that, he acted like there was only one team to discuss - as though we were 20 points behind them in the league, what a *word censored*.

2. That fan who ran on the pitch is an idiot and deserves to be banned but the weak attempt by some to compare what he did to the *word censored* who ran on in the Villa game is embarrassing.