Stade Rennais (H) 14/3 20:00

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
The Arsenal Way

Re: Stade Rennais (H) 14/3 20:00

Post by The Arsenal Way »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:50 pm
The Arsenal Way wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:45 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:39 pm
The Arsenal Way wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:32 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:20 pm
I think we are giving Napoli too much respect here. We should easily beat them

Heh. You reckon?
Have a look at the Serie A table mate.
I'm not holding up their league against ours, but when we can lose to clubs beneath us in the PL, then we should not really be viewing this tie as a gimme
Well if you’re going down that route, they have lost four in Italy and we have lost six in a far more competitive league.

Anyway just my opinion on the fixture
Don't be a tart. :shock: :lol:
I looked up their league form/table, and it fared well.
They are second to run away leaders Juve.
Goals scored and conceded augur well. But won just 1 in the last 5 and still second in their league.
Easily beat them? We lost to Rennes 3-1. Do you really think that we can afford a -2 goal deficit to an Italian team in the second leg?

We were down to ten men when beaten 3-1 and most likely over confident before the game. Different story here.
True that. Good observation.
If we play the same as the wins over Mancscum and Toilet, we shall breeze past them. So long as we don't get over confident. Especially as we play the first leg at home.
Italians have the way to prevent a goal when playing at home. We might need Ian Wright.
A 2 or even 3 goal lead to go over there with would be great, especially with our defence

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

the playing mantis wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:55 pm
The Arsenal Way wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:48 pm
Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:46 pm
worst draw, but they just lost 3-1 to some no mark austrians.

yes they are 2nd in the league, a distant 2nd in a poor league (any league that has the milan clubs in 3/4 is poor as they are atrocious these days)

look at their squad, any names to be worreid about? not really, we should be beating them 8 times out of 10, but we probably wont.

and again, I repeat Rennes. Even lowlier than any Seie A club
:banghead:
It ain't no fuckin gimme ffs
Maybe just line up now to bash Dick
we should have beaten rennes at away but we didnt. we still should have won though.

no one is saying napoli is a gimme, we are saying we should be beating them more often than not.

if both teams played to their best we would win.

but we know how jekyll and hyde we are so we will probably go out with a whimper.

"we still should have won though".

Wengers epitaph ?

:lol: :lol:

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:46 pm
worst draw, but they just lost 3-1 to some no mark austrians.

yes they are 2nd in the league, a distant 2nd in a poor league (any league that has the milan clubs in 3/4 is poor as they are atrocious these days)

look at their squad, any names to be worreid about? not really, we should be beating them 8 times out of 10, but we probably wont.
Lost 3-1 at home. We should be good but knowing what happened at Rennes and BATE there's a problem: Napoli won't allow 2/3 goals without scoring at least once, not even when they play us at home.

Insigne, Callejon, Zielinski, Allan and Koulibaly aren't the average players at their position either. Not to underestimate but not to show too much respect. Beatable side as long as we perform at the San Paolo and not come out with a 2/3-0.

Arsenal side that breezed pass Manure needed over two legs!

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Fucking nailed on we'd get them ffs. Not sure where this overconfidence is coming from either. Will need at least a three goal cushion to take over there after what happened in Rennes and Belarus.

Not even a decent away trip. Dippers of Italy that lot and Naples is a shithole
Last edited by Leyton Gooner on Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

The Arsenal Way wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:37 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:34 pm
The chavs got the draw we wanted, I was hoping they'd get Napoli.

After Juve, Napoli are the best of the rest in Italy......which isn't saying much mind as the rest of the league is toilet.

The one thing I will say is they should have knocked the victims out in the group stage of the CL this season, they beat them at home and missed some incredible chances including one right at the death in Anfield.

If we avoid disaster out there, we should have enough at home to take them out.
*first leg at home now Rodders
:shock:

Ok the job will need to be at least 75% done so owing to the fact we've mostly produced manure on the road so far in the EL.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Leyton Gooner wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:25 pm
Fucking nailed on we'd get them ffs. Not sure where this overconfidence is coming from either. Will need at least a three goal cushion to take over there after what happened in Rennes and Belarus.

Go down the road to Sorrento mate, it’s lovely coastal small town

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

StuartL wrote:
Leyton Gooner wrote:

Fair enough mate. Only stopped over one night en route so only saw the shit parts. Grim run down port was all I saw!

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

Leyton Gooner wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:42 pm
StuartL wrote:
Leyton Gooner wrote:

Fair enough mate. Only stopped over one night en route so only saw the shit parts. Grim run down port was all I saw!
You probably went to Quartiere Spagnoli or outside of that which is basically the below poverty line area/dodgiest part of the town. Full of fake markets, burglars and a no-go with anything that costs more than £50 probably. You might want to go Centro Storico, Piazza Plebiscito, Vomero or Fuorigrotta/Chiaia which are the pictures of Naples you usually see on the internet/social media.

Being a native, I can't wait for the away day at 'home', that is if the ticketing is kind for this one :|

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

First of all, confession time - I paid £45 of my hard earned cash to Kroenke Inc to watch this.....no freebies this time. My eldest lad was gutted he couldn't come to the away game with me because of exams so I caved in and spent the money - still feels dirty despite the result. Suffice to say the investment ended there and pints were consumed outside the ground as was the grub. Nice to see the place is still serving those lukewarm pints of piss for £4 and some congealed cheese pretending to be pizza for £6.....which leads me on to.......

WHAT A TOTAL BUNCH OF C.UNTS THE MAJORITY OF OUR HOME FANS ARE!! Streaming in still at 8.05, disappearing 10 minutes either side of half time to eat and drink the aforementioned shite, before streaming out 10 minutes from the end despite the fact that a Rennes goal would have sealed extra time! Honestly I have zero connection with almost all of the wankers who go there these days - created an atmosphere until we went 2-0 up and then listened to the Rennes fans for the rest of the game. If you'd turned on the TV after the final whistle you'd have sworn they had beaten us given the fire drill from three quarters of that soulless bowl, and the animation in the away end

On to the game......good to see the "clueless Spanish waiter" somehow win another game and leave us going for Be All and End All qualification on two fronts. Clearly we should have signed.......err.........err........err.......someone else instead who would have spent £45m and turned us into the Invincibles with a defence as watertight as the 1991 vintage. Sid can let you know who that manager is once he's back from NeverNeverLand

I see everyone creaming their pants over Napoli. The Italian league is shit - there's one decent team in it with one world class player and I have no fears about them whatsoever

Off to Baku we go

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

gp543

Post by gp543 »

Keeping the powder dry with regard to Naples. If we get through, a semifinal away day in Valencia in early May sounds absolutely magic. What a wonderful town.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Rian1 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:49 pm
Leyton Gooner wrote:
StuartL wrote:
Leyton Gooner wrote:

You probably went to Quartiere Spagnoli or outside of that which is basically the below poverty line area/dodgiest part of the town. Full of fake markets, burglars and a no-go with anything that costs more than £50 probably. You might want to go Centro Storico, Piazza Plebiscito, Vomero or Fuorigrotta/Chiaia which are the pictures of Naples you usually see on the internet/social media.

Being a native, I can't wait for the away day at 'home', that is if the ticketing is kind for this one :|
You are getting all the games & destinations mixed up....that's Liverpool you're thinking of.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Or pop down to Herculaneum which I found to be moe enlightening than Pompeii.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

A11M11 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:51 am
Loved Hurculaneum, smaller than Pompeii, easier to navigate around and better preserved, without too many tourists.

You coulld even take a trip to Vesuvius, which is still “active” but was disappointingly just a few wisps of steam coming up when we visited, although it is overdue another eruption.

Look at us getting all cultural :shock:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

StuartL wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:07 pm
A11M11 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:51 am
Loved Hurculaneum, smaller than Pompeii, easier to navigate around and better preserved, without too many tourists.

You coulld even take a trip to Vesuvius, which is still “active” but was disappointingly just a few wisps of steam coming up when we visited, although it is overdue another eruption.

Look at us getting all cultural :shock:
And if it had kicked off/erupted you'd have shyte yer cacks mate! :lol: :wink:

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

xisstential wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:55 am
Rian1 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:49 pm
Leyton Gooner wrote:
StuartL wrote:
Leyton Gooner wrote:

You are getting all the games & destinations mixed up....that's Liverpool you're thinking of.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Didn't find it that bad last time I went... 2 years ago