Stade Rennais (H) 14/3 20:00

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
TeeCee

Re: Stade Rennais (H) 14/3 20:00

Post by TeeCee »

We’ll be 2-0 up with 2 mins to go......we’ll Be attacking with 8 players forward and they’ll break away and score.....it’s just the Arsenal way isn’t it!! :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

TeeCee wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:43 am
We’ll be 2-0 up with 2 mins to go......we’ll Be attacking with 8 players forward and they’ll break away and score.....it’s just the Arsenal way isn’t it!! :roll:
Very very possible..... :|

But I'm hoping Dick will instill some pragmatism into them before kick off. Score a couple, shut up shop, be disciplined, break at pace if the opportunity presents but don't all commit forward. Basic shit that Wenger ignored for a decade.

I'm confident we have the players to win the match and the tie. But I still worry that the Dicktard Brothers at the back will do something stupid or Comedy Fucking Iwobi will piss possession away and then slowly jog back, arriving (suitably out of breath) in our box as the oppo players run by him celebrating a late winner, and then the fat arsed cùnt will make a big show of bending over and trying to get his breath back as if he helped defend with his token jog back and idiots will then go on football forums and state that he "gets picked for his pace and work rate".

:censored: :roll:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

AAAH , the North Bank charge as we strive for that vital goal wrapped in that famous shroud as we sink to a narow defeat . In 1970 against Anderlecht the crowd pulled them through coming back from 3 nil down but I can't see the latte sipping mob doing the same tonight .
I don't think the team has yet got the "" Mental Strength "" to be clinical enough to not get carried away on a tide of euphoria and I see the breakaway that completely silences the crowd about 80 minutes in.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

A11M11 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:02 am
AAAH , the North Bank charge as we strive for that vital goal wrapped in that famous shroud as we sink to a narow defeat . In 1970 against Anderlecht the crowd pulled them through coming back from 3 nil down but I can't see the latte sipping mob doing the same tonight .
I don't think the team has yet got the "" Mental Strength "" to be clinical enough to not get carried away on a tide of euphoria and I see the breakaway that completely silences the crowd about 80 minutes in.
Those days well gone now....we moved to the soulless bowl to compete with the European Elite ...... :rubchin:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

It to be a difficult night,and with mytsify and the Czech fannybulge in the starting line up thats a huge handicap to start with..if fatarse starts aswell it'll be almost impossible.

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

Dick said,

"We all know how important Alex Lacazette is to us as a group."

"Obviously the more players we have available the better it is because we do have some quality players, particularly in midfield and up top. Hopefully we will be able to make that danger pay.

"Let's just hope that Lacazette can help us to achieve the result on Thursday."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"we do have some quality players, particularly in midfield and up top."

I assume that Mustafalaugh and helmet head start then. The rest of the defence is also shite

5-1
Take it to the bank. (DB10)

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

We'll do this lot 4 or 5 nil tonight. They are fucking bang average and had every bit of luck possible last week. There's no way they can cope with us at home. It'll be like the game against Bournemouth the other week.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Lacazette being allowed to play is a huge boost, without him I didn't see it happening.
If we don't manage to overturn the deficit, it leaves us alone in the top 6 with no European distraction (assuming Chelsea qualify) which can only aid our quest for 3rd place.

:barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Fuck it I'm sticking with 4-1 to The Arsenal. Gonna see what PP are offering and throw a tenner at it.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

11/1 :barscarf:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Take out the one in goal and it's s strong line-up.

Starting XI: Cech; Mustafi, Koscielny (c), Monreal, Kolasinac; Ramsey, Xhaka; Maitland-Niles, Ozil, Aubameyang; Lacazette.

Subs: Leno, Mkhitaryan, Torreira, Iwobi, Suarez, Guendouzi, Nketiah

4-0 tonight. They are total bobbins and we'll be all over them.

augie

Post by augie »

Lately I have slightly questioned torreira's energy/commitment to getting back into position (in front of the back 4), but I am still baffled how he doesn't seem to be starting any games lately :shock: :?

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

augie wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:54 pm
Lately I have slightly questioned torreira's energy/commitment to getting back into position (in front of the back 4), but I am still baffled how he doesn't seem to be starting any games lately :shock: :?
he's run out of puff. not fit enough for a 38 game season with no mid winter break.

plus, if we are 3-0 or 2-0 up with 20 to go, we bring both him and dozer on as disrupters.

i'm surprised Miti is not on (nor iwobi) but they are on the bench - which does not have a single defender on it. we are really down to bare bones.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I would feel a bit more confident if Cech wasn’t playing.

Looks like we might need to win 4-1