Toon (H) - 01/04 @ 20:00

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
A11M11

Re: Toon (H) - 01/04 @ 20:00

Post by A11M11 »

Guendouzi's first touch is casual , frequently the ball goes a yard ahead and his reaction to recover it is slow giving time for a tackle to come in. Quality midfielders use their first touch to push the ball in the direction that they wish to go , . I know it's a stretch but watching Bergkamp's or Fabregas' first touch is something he should be doing.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:44 pm
Just had a look at the league table - I’m sure that Spurs are down there somewhere! :D :barscarf:
To steal a line from Shankly with reference to Everton - "Every now and again I have a look down the table to see how Spurs are getting on" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

BFG4 wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:40 am
Bradywasking wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:43 am
Very poor of Bill Leslie on commentary but more so Alan Smith for not acknowledging the seventh minute trubute to Rocky..It was loud and clear on my TV .
Alan Smith played with Rocky and didnt think it was worth bringing up :? I have said it before but Smith is an odd guy and for someone who should be a legend at the club, he seems really distant from the club.
In fairness to Smudger the Rocky chant was rather brief and sadly not very well supported. It was almost over before it began :(

augie

Post by augie »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:01 pm
BFG4 wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:
Very poor of Bill Leslie on commentary but more so Alan Smith for not acknowledging the seventh minute trubute to Rocky..It was loud and clear on my TV .
Alan Smith played with Rocky and didnt think it was worth bringing up :? I have said it before but Smith is an odd guy and for someone who should be a legend at the club, he seems really distant from the club.
In fairness to Smudger the Rocky chant was rather brief and sadly not very well supported. It was almost over before it began :(

Maybe we should demand a national day of mourning or a bank holiday as seems to be the case with manure (munich) and the victims (Hillsborough) :roll: :censored: :censored:

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

My bromance with Sokratis grows with every game. I wish they all had his determination and commitment. There's been some dreadful officiating this week; if anyone can explain why we had two goals chalked off I'd be grateful. Hilarious how N17 are spurzing it up so early, long may it continue.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Red Snapper wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:37 pm
My bromance with Sokratis grows with every game. I wish they all had his determination and commitment. There's been some dreadful officiating this week; if anyone can explain why we had two goals chalked off I'd be grateful. Hilarious how N17 are spurzing it up so early, long may it continue.
It’s like we draw the shit ref straw out each game ( or is that they are all woeful )

I can see why the first one was -,but he couldn’t see it at all from his angle.
The second one the keeper has punched it in himself, no foul by Lacazette, just a good strong challenge to win the bill which is what he is allowed to do.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:01 pm
BFG4 wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:
A bit harsh on Smith, he's Godfather to one of Rocky's kids. I didn't watch the match but there's not been much reporting of any 7th minute tribute to Rocky.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

StuartL wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:55 pm
Red Snapper wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:37 pm
It’s like we draw the shit ref straw out each game ( or is that they are all woeful )

I can see why the first one was -,but he couldn’t see it at all from his angle.
The second one the keeper has punched it in himself, no foul by Lacazette, just a good strong challenge to win the bill which is what he is allowed to do.
When he started out Anthony Taylor seemed to be doing ok but of late is managing to turn into a bit of a dick. For the first goal Sokratis holds onto the boy's shirt for a split second to long. It was a soft decision but I can understand it. The second disallowed goal was a heap of shite, the keeper made a complete tit of himself trying to get around Laca who simply held his position.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

It shouldn't be too much of a surprise that some of the refs who first started showing great promise have turned to shyte, they are all coached by that spinelesscunt who used to be Fergies gimp - Mike Riley. utterCUNTBAG.