Napoli (H) Europa League 11/04 @ 20:00

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Jock Gooner

Re: Napoli (H) Europa League 11/04 @ 20:00

Post by Jock Gooner »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:29 am
Clash wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:26 pm
robbo10 wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:08 pm

That's good to hear,I haven't seen the game and there's no doubt he was decent 10 years ago,every time I seem to see him he has a mistake in him,the clean sheet was nice too,it takes the away goal threat away,1 Napoli goal last night changes the whole tie.
Cech is the current day Pat Jennings:

- a legend with another London club but not with us

- a reject who was way beyond his best by the time he signed who makes costly mistakes **

- Still has the other London in his heart

- will return to the club he loves as a coach after he's done with us

As Emery doesnt look like dropping him, I hope if we get to the Europa final that Cech isn't fit so that Leno has to play. Especially if that final is against Chelsea.

(** Spurs away 1982 FA Cup / Oxford away 1984 Milk cup as a couple of examples for any Jennings fans on here. The man is a Spurs man through and through! Never understood why Jennings is as popular as he is with so many Arsenal fans)
Met Jennings outside Highbury before a NLD in the mid 90s..Asked him who he was supporting on the day. He looked at me like I had asked the most stupid question ever , which in fairness I probably had..He grunted that he worked for Tottenham.
In fairness to Jennings he has never hid the fact that he is a scum fan. Yes he played for us but he was never an Arsenal man. I don't trust any cu.nt who has played or managed at our place and for them. GG tarnished his legacy here not by getting caught with a brown paper bag - they were all at it back then and he was guilty of getting caught - but by managing the scum....fucking no excuse whatsoever. Shameful.