Watford (A) PL 15/04 @ 20:00

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
goonertux

Re: Watford (A) PL 15/04 @ 20:00

Post by goonertux »

Anyone got the phone number for the department where you can claim two hours of your life back?!
What a tedious pile of shit that was!

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

If we played that game another 10 times, we'd win it by three or four goals 9 times and draw 1-1 the other. Fucking strange game.

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

Yeah it was shit, have to say Kos was good though

augie

Post by augie »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:38 pm
I hate watching us away from home were such a bunch of fuckin pussies it's unreal

So called hardman xhaka wimped out of three shocking 50/50 tackles - if either of my sons chickened out of tackles like that, I would fcuk their boots into the fire and would never let them play again :evil: :evil: Cowardly b.astard :censored: :censored:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

xisstential wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:51 pm
It's almost difficult to be happy with the 3 points, that's how bad it was.....Ranks as one of the worst I've ever seen.
Watford were the better team I the second half
With 10 men they still created more chances than we did, picked up all the loose balls and cut us open several times.

Holy Moley we are piss poor.

augie

Post by augie »

AkneyGooner wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:54 pm

fucked up 3 times misjudging headers and was lucky not to be punished on one of them

Midz

Post by Midz »

Glad we won but it does make you think that even if we do get into the CL it'll be pretty pointless with this bunch.

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

Midz wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:57 pm
Glad we won but it does make you think that even if we do get into the CL it'll be pretty pointless with this bunch.
Absolutely. What is the point with the current defence, and a lot of the midfield? Unless there is a massive change in the Summer it is basically 2007 to 2017 revisited.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

I thought I'd watched some pathetic Gunners sides in the 60's but none were as bad as this lot !. Watford with 10 men were the better side & probably would have murdered us with 11. We were gutless - but very lucky. :barscarf: :barscarf:

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

augie wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:56 pm
AkneyGooner wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:54 pm

fucked up 3 times misjudging headers and was lucky not to be punished on one of them
Hmm I did see him misjudge two , maybe I'm just happy to get the 3 points, I thought if we dropped points today then st totteringhams day could be over this year

Midz

Post by Midz »

Really hate Mkhitaryan!

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

If ever a win felt like a defeat. Knowing there are three more away games to come where we'll most likely get turned over playing like that. And Napoli :banghead:

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

Mhiki seems to lack any aggression or commitment to win a constested ball

augie

Post by augie »

Am I the only one who is willing to make some allowance for the performance because we had an early lead and they were down to 10 men ? Don't get me wrong cos I know how poor we were, and I know that it was only a lick of paint away from being a 1-1 draw and 2pts dropped, BUT I do suspect that the mentality of the players was (wrongly) based on a belief that the game was won early and they were sparing themselves for Thursday night. One of the things that has fcuked me off most about the modern day AFC players, is that they have this totally undeserved sense of arrogance about them - so many times we have watched them phone in their performance as they seem to think that their name and the name of AFC is enough to beat any non top team, and the total lack of effort of course then leads to dropped points, and maybe some of that was on show again tonight ?

I'm not happy with the performance but I am delighted with the win regardless, and I am very happy about the manner of the goal (ie through hard work and closing down).

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

augie wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:47 pm
Am I the only one who is willing to make some allowance for the performance because we had an early lead and they were down to 10 men ? Don't get me wrong cos I know how poor we were, and I know that it was only a lick of paint away from being a 1-1 draw and 2pts dropped, BUT I do suspect that the mentality of the players was (wrongly) based on a belief that the game was won early and they were sparing themselves for Thursday night. One of the things that has fcuked me off most about the modern day AFC players, is that they have this totally undeserved sense of arrogance about them - so many times we have watched them phone in their performance as they seem to think that their name and the name of AFC is enough to beat any non top team, and the total lack of effort of course then leads to dropped points, and maybe some of that was on show again tonight ?

I'm not happy with the performance but I am delighted with the win regardless, and I am very happy about the manner of the goal (ie through hard work and closing down).
You're giving our players way too much credit for "thinking" :lol:

They just played like the have for all our away games, shite