Watford (A) PL 15/04 @ 20:00

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Watford (A) PL 15/04 @ 20:00

Post by DB10GOONER »

Christ knows..... :|

Probably a 0-1 away loss. Again. :roll:

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Re: Watford (A) PL 15/04 @ 20:00

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Home banker :roll:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:01 am
Christ knows.....

Probably a 0-1 away loss. Again. :roll:
So do I.......a nailed on defeat with that blockhead Deeney getting one...or two....or if we are terrified as opposed to just frightened, a hat trick.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Absolute madness that this fixture is on Monday night with an away trip to Napoli on the Thursday :roll:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Another away defeat, expect elephant man deeney to look like Messi on the night with our defenders tripping over themselves in panic mode.

Crickey we made Calvert average Lewin look like Ronaldo yesterday :roll:

I'm actually finding it difficult to watch us away from home, we're an embarrassment.

CloakedGooner

Post by CloakedGooner »

I think we will beat Snotford 3-2 :barscarf:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:44 am
Absolute madness that this fixture is on Monday night with an away trip to Napoli on the Thursday :roll:
Nice little helping hand from the TV companies for us eh rodders :barscarf: chavs playing tonight with an away leg on Thurs aswell,they're *word censored* though :lol: so fuck um :barscarf:

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

It really depends on who will be fit for this game. However, with Deeney leading the line and the rest of our back 3 not being particularly great in the air against big forwards, this will be a tough ask. As they are safe from relegation, they may start rotating players more which will suit us. We will win this game with Kos starting.

If he doesn't start, it will be tricky - who will he partner Mustafi and Monreal? Mavropanos or Xhaka?

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Cant see anything but an away defeat here, 2-0, we have been attrocious away from home all season, i cant think of any really good results apart form Fulham.

UE has massively improved us at home there is no doubt but seriously he needs to do something major with our away form if we are to improve, and before some go on about the players, i am aware of that but bear in mind these are the same players who can put in decent performances at home and make us 10 unbeaten.

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

They will be playing for FA Cup final places, but maybe reluctant to put the tackles in in case of causing themselves potential injuries. :barscarf:

We have to win this one, no ifs or buts, an attacking formation looking for goals is what's required. :rubchin:

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

Amongst all this negative vibe (truly deserved btw) I shall give my optimistic view and go: 1-1 at worst and 1-0 at best. Will be stoked if we get more than a goal and win it here. Their fans aren't that bad so I can rant at them post-game in the walk to the parking space.

We will have major problems if Deeney and Delafeou play, and they probably will. :cry:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Watford have been looking forward to this one for weeks, they won't hold back

Whatever happens they will be going for it....Deeney and co relish this game

oaodan

Post by oaodan »

Unless Doucoure has an off day, our shit midfield gets outclassed again. He would laugh his head off at facing Sundays Elneny/Guendouzi axis. Watford should win.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:44 am
Totally agree.
on the Arsenal website it says that the Leicester City match scheduled for Monday night (29th April) WILL be rescheduled to the Sunday 28th if we get to the Europa League SF. So why is the Watford match not being moved ??

it is also crazy that in the middle of this busy period we have to play the rescheduled Wolves match. This should have been played towards the end of March instead of playing a pointless friendly in Dubai!

Skooner

Post by Skooner »

Emery has a tough balancing act to manage at the moment. We're playing well with the 3-4-1-2 formation but mainly when Kos, Kolasinac, Ramsey and both strikers are playing (could argue Ozil and Torreira on that list as well), the back up are a significant downgrade but I'm not sure he can play some of those players 90 minutes twice a week. Ramsey and Lacazette play at full throttle when they're on the pitch and Kolasinac is up and down the wing all the time.

Xhaka or Gendouzi alongside Torreira or Ramsey is probably manageable but when they others are out of the team we just don't play as well (I'm sure some will say Auba can be benched but we just look better with two up top in my opinion even if he's off form).

I think we might see Ramsey benched for this one, and I reckon Laca might be benched in Naples. Kos has to play with Sokratis suspended and we'll need him in Italy as well but risk that we'll break him given his injury history.

Big summer ahead getting the squad sorted out so we aren't in this position in the future.