Arsenal player of the season.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Arsenal player of the season.

Leno
16%
Sokratis
32%
Torreira
14%
Ramsey
11%
Lacazette
19%
Aubameyang
3%
Iwobble
5%

Total votes: 37

begeegs

Re: Arsenal player of the season.

Post by begeegs »

It's got to be Iwobi for me. He has really been something that we never expected and you have to admit to pretty excited when you saw his name for the starting eleven. Unfortunately, the unexpectedness and excitement would be for the wrong reasons ultimately.

Leno for me :D

He has singlehandedly save our bacon this year and been worth about 10 points with some of his saves.

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Its too early for this.

Judge them in May.

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

Papa sok for me, stepped in to a terrible defence, and made it a little bit better.

Leno and lacazete also good.

Young player of the season sadly almost picks its self

A midfielder played out of position, did well in most games, terrible in some, brilliant in others

Fair play .

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

Surprised Lacazette of PEA havent got more mentions. Lacazette has been a scorer of important goals & has scored quite a few brilliant goals. PEA could still finish the season as the leagues top scorer.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

StuartL wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:13 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:01 am
I'm assuming that list is taken directly from their website? Because if I thought that Comedy Two Arses was put on it at this end I'd delete the whole fucking thread. :lol: :wink:

Toss up between Leno, Sokratis and Torriera for me. Maybe add Laca to that too.

No idea what the Welsh Messi-Lite is doing on that list either to be honest. He's been his usual wasteful over elaborate self all season and has only put in a few decent performances over the last month or two - not enough to justify inclusion for me. But as augie says he'll probably win it because so many of our new JCL fans know about as much about football as George Michael knew about vagina.

Iwobble was added as artistic license or more succinctly me taking the piss.
:lol: :lol:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

I'm sad he's leaving for nothing.
Me too I am sad that he goes for nothing , however I am not beat up about him going in the first place with patience AMN , Nelson and Smith Rowe are coming through and could do just as much as Ramsey.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Mustafi & Xhaka aren't there so I can't play :( :( :(

On another note, Lacazette puts in more of a shift than Aubamayang and scores better goals. I know they all count and goals win games but I just feel Laca works harder for his. Aubamayang has a lot of tap ins, is very casual in front of goal and misses some absolute sitters.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

On another note, Lacazette puts in more of a shift than Aubamayang and scores better goals. I know they all count and goals win games but I just feel Laca works harder for his. Aubamayang has a lot of tap ins, is very casual in front of goal and misses some absolute sitters.

augie

Post by augie »

xisstential wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:40 pm

I did say already that laca is in my top 3, but there have been times (like last night) when he has been subbed, where his body language and sulking is shameful imo - for the first time in years, and certainly first time since he arrived, there is a strong feeling of positivity and forward progress around the club, but at times laca seems to prioritize himself over the team. That win was in the bag last night before he was subbed, and instead of recognising the importance of being fresh for the weekend, he sulked at being taken off :roll: :oops:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

augie wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:35 pm
xisstential wrote:

I did say already that laca is in my top 3, but there have been times (like last night) when he has been subbed, where his body language and sulking is shameful imo - for the first time in years, and certainly first time since he arrived, there is a strong feeling of positivity and forward progress around the club, but at times laca seems to prioritize himself over the team. That win was in the bag last night before he was subbed, and instead of recognising the importance of being fresh for the weekend, he sulked at being taken off :roll: :oops:
Could be that he feels why it's always him being jerked, he certainly works harder than Auba?? Remember how badly Wenger treated him.....probably hasn't forgotten that.

Btw, yesterday was the anniversary of ToF finally leaving, should have been some acknowledgement of that wonderful day :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

corkbarry

Post by corkbarry »

Torreira has had a very good season.
if Ramsey had played the whole season like he has the last 2 months he would have been a shoe in.

augie

Post by augie »

xisstential wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:51 am
augie wrote:
xisstential wrote:

Could be that he feels why it's always him being jerked, he certainly works harder than Auba?? Remember how badly Wenger treated him.....probably hasn't forgotten that.

Btw, yesterday was the anniversary of ToF finally leaving, should have been some acknowledgement of that wonderful day :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

I understand that viewpoint, but I am more inclined to think that he is one of the most important players now, so his fitness and freshness us vital - bring on lard arse and who gives a fuck if he gets injured

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

xisstential wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:51 am
augie wrote:
xisstential wrote:

I've always felt that Laca's response when subbed is simply down to frustration . He is desperate to make up his game time after TOF's mismanagement of him and also to try and keep pace with Auba's goal tally. It doesn't seem to matter how hard he works, Auba still nicks more goals and that must piss him off a bit. I'd still rather see someone who wants to stay on the pitch have the hump at being subbed than the way some of them just happily trot off. Or the Ozil sloth departure technique :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Andrew wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:23 pm
Its too early for this.

Judge them in May.

:rubchin:

Now where have I heard that before!?

:D

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

A11M11 wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:21 pm
I'm sad he's leaving for nothing.
Me too I am sad that he goes for nothing , however I am not beat up about him going in the first place with patience AMN , Nelson and Smith Rowe are coming through and could do just as much as Ramsey.

Fucking hell, if they can only “do just as much as Ramsey”, then get shot of them now !!