Wolves A Prem Weds 24th April KO 1945

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Wolves A Prem Weds 24th April KO 1945

Post by OneBardGooner »

We will either Win or Lose - No draw here. And if Mustafiwank plays we WILL Lose. They may be on the beach but even then their pace on the break/ counter attack is excellent.

Just wish they'd beaten those watford nomark Vadgebags. :? I'd have given them a chance against $hitty in the FA Cup Final, wheras $hitty wil rape Deeneycunt and co.

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

If we drew at Everton and won the home game to Palace we would be home and dry. Mind you Chelsea drew at home to Burnley and United lost 4-0 so our rivals for 4th re not exactly top tier.

Fate still on our hands if we want it. Wolves, Leicester, Brighton Burnley. 10 points and that will get us to 76 points which is the maximum amount of points Chelsea can get from away games at Man United and Leicester City and a home game to Watford. We have a 4 goal difference ahead of Chelsea so they would have to win big if they were to bridge the gap

But this game needs to be a win. Its it a draw then we have no margin for error going forward - and this is a team that needs a margin of error. You cant win 1 out of 4 games in the final run in and finish in the top 4, which would be the case in our last 4 league games should we fail to win. Thats a standard to low even when our rivals are a shit Chelsea and shit United.
Last edited by wilson2.0 on Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

Skooner

Post by Skooner »

Agree that I think it's time for significant rotation to end for the rest of the season. I can understand why Emery has felt it necessary up until now but we're basically in the "every game is a cup final" mode now so just go for it. If we pick up injuries then so be it, the squad isn't strong enough to choose to play some of the back up players.

Their form has definitely dipped so this is winnable, but we need our strongest team out

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Despite the disappointing result on Sunday I remain confident of a top 4 finish.

73 points should do it (due to Chelsea and United dropping points) and so 2 wins and a draw is all that is required. A draw here will be fine but I suspect Wolves are maybe more on the beach than Palace were. A win is possible

Merrington

Post by Merrington »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:39 pm
Despite the disappointing result on Sunday I remain confident of a top 4 finish.

73 points should do it (due to Chelsea and United dropping points) and so 2 wins and a draw is all that is required. A draw here will be fine but I suspect Wolves are maybe more on the beach than Palace were. A win is possible
I can see Chelsea beating Watford and drawing against Leicester and United which gets them to 72 points and United losing to City and obviously drawing against Chelsea so regardless of their other two games results they can only get to 71 points. That leaves us needed two wins and a draw and perhaps just two wins and hopefully our goal difference will still be better than Chelsea’s.

Wolves at home have been decent against the big clubs so I’m far from confident of a result. If Koscielny is fit then hopefully that’s Mustafi out of the starting lineup with Papa due to come back in and Torreira should come back in with Elneny to never play for us again hopefully. Laca and Auba need to start every game together now injuries permitting.

Going for a nervy 1-2 with Wolves missing a few big chances.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I think there will be a Right Royal Roasting Tonight - Either We will roast them Or they will roast us.

Also a few sparky moments, Yellow Cards and a Red Un or Two just for good measure.

I Wonder :rubchin:

Who the Ref is? :|

With the Mancshyte derby on tonight the result from our game will be overlooked as the meja clamour to suck the knobs of Pep and or solskjaer the diving twatt.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Not looking forward to this one bit, draw at the very best but have accepted it's probably a loss.

Hopefully wolves are in flip flop and kouros mode.

wibble

Post by wibble »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:39 pm

Wolves still have a decent chance of 7th and therefore europa league next season. Palace on the other hand had nothing to play for.

Never confident of getting anything from any away game but we shall see

ArsenalLegend1901

Post by ArsenalLegend1901 »

I can see us getting turned over badly tonight..... :cussing:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

i will be gutted if we lose tonight.

hopefully Dick gave them a kick up the arse, but 4 games in ten days at this stage of the season is not helping.

we need a draw here, the vermin still have to play a much improved Everton who just tonked united, who will be looking to go 7th for European football too.

i would love love it if we beat them to the CL on goal difference :barscarf:

i'm going 1-1.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Arsenal XI: Leno; Maitland-Niles, Sokratis, Koscielny, Monreal; Torreira, Xhaka; Mkhitaryan, Ozil, Iwobi; Lacazette.

Subs: Cech, Elneny, Mustafi, Guendouzi, Kolasinac, Nketiah, Willock.

Looks a decent line-up. We'll win this 2-1.
Just you stay sitting on that bench tonight, Mustafi.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:55 pm
Arsenal XI: Leno; Maitland-Niles, Sokratis, Koscielny, Monreal; Torreira, Xhaka; Mkhitaryan, Ozil, Iwobi; Lacazette.

Subs: Cech, Elneny, Mustafi, Guendouzi, Kolasinac, Nketiah, Willock.

Looks a decent line-up. We'll win this 2-1.
Just you stay sitting on that bench tonight, Mustafi.
Yes looks ok....as long as we don't push up too much leaving space for their speedy forwards can see us winning this..... 1-0 to the Arsenal

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

That's good line-up... I feel much more positive with mustafi the donkey DROPPED! 8) . :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

C.O.Y.G's

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:26 pm
That's good line-up... I feel much more positive with mustafi the donkey DROPPED! 8) . :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

C.O.Y.G's
fairplay to Dick for having the courage and common sense to finally drop him.

now pray that back four holds up :barscarf: