Wolves A Prem Weds 24th April KO 1945

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
xisstential

Re: Wolves A Prem Weds 24th April KO 1945

Post by xisstential »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:47 am
augie wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:57 pm
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:38 pm
How in fuck's name are we still only a point off 4th?

This is a fact that is being ignored by almost everyone on here - I didn't see the game tonight (thank god), and there is no doubt that we have been atrocious lately, but the reality is that IF we win at the weekend, AND manure and the chavs draw, then we will be back in the top 4 again :oops: No doubt that is a shocking indictment on the premier league, but it is what it is right now, and we cannot give up on top 4 when it is that close.

Secondly I really dont understand the logic of fans saying not getting into champs league with this squad would be a good thing - do they not realise that without champs league money, we will never be able improve the quality of this shit squad ? Would we be better off not being in it cos we cant win it and might take a few tonkings ? If that is the case would it be better if we dropped out of the premier league cos we aint good enough to win that either ?

Btw lefty, it may well be 40 years since wolves beat us in the league, but how many of those years were they actually in the same division ? If we were to use slanted stats like that, you could ask how many years it has been since we beat wrexham (for example).

None of what I am saying is meant as a defence in any way of our players, manager, club, or recent performances, but right now we should focus on the remaining games, not throw in the towel, and save any autopsies until the seasons end ?
reading through this thread this post stands out as the best.

1. as bad as we are we actually only need a point on Sunday at Leicester (if United beat Chelsea) and we are back in the top 4 and it is back in our hands again.
2. augie hits the nail on the head - getting in the top 4 is NOT about being in the Champions League - it is about getting some much needed extra money for Emery to overhaul the squad. Without it this just won't happen and unfortunately we are not just going to stand still, we are going to go into decline.
3. I have been positive on here going into matches because it is absolutely vital that we finish in the Champions League for next season. 3 games to go - this club can still do it. I remain confident
It's irrational......where exactly are the points coming from?? Maybe Brighton, who might still be fighting for their lives, so that's no gimme......Leicester & Burnley away, highly unlikely with these cowards????

And I have zero faith in Kroenke spending CL money on new players.... if we get into CL with this team, why do we need other players?? That will be Kroenke's thinking with regards to his money making soccer team.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

xisstential wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:38 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
augie wrote:

This is a fact that is being ignored by almost everyone on here - I didn't see the game tonight (thank god), and there is no doubt that we have been atrocious lately, but the reality is that IF we win at the weekend, AND manure and the chavs draw, then we will be back in the top 4 again :oops: No doubt that is a shocking indictment on the premier league, but it is what it is right now, and we cannot give up on top 4 when it is that close.

Secondly I really dont understand the logic of fans saying not getting into champs league with this squad would be a good thing - do they not realise that without champs league money, we will never be able improve the quality of this shit squad ? Would we be better off not being in it cos we cant win it and might take a few tonkings ? If that is the case would it be better if we dropped out of the premier league cos we aint good enough to win that either ?

Btw lefty, it may well be 40 years since wolves beat us in the league, but how many of those years were they actually in the same division ? If we were to use slanted stats like that, you could ask how many years it has been since we beat wrexham (for example).

None of what I am saying is meant as a defence in any way of our players, manager, club, or recent performances, but right now we should focus on the remaining games, not throw in the towel, and save any autopsies until the seasons end ?

1. as bad as we are we actually only need a point on Sunday at Leicester (if United beat Chelsea) and we are back in the top 4 and it is back in our hands again.
2. augie hits the nail on the head - getting in the top 4 is NOT about being in the Champions League - it is about getting some much needed extra money for Emery to overhaul the squad. Without it this just won't happen and unfortunately we are not just going to stand still, we are going to go into decline.
3. I have been positive on here going into matches because it is absolutely vital that we finish in the Champions League for next season. 3 games to go - this club can still do it. I remain confident
It's irrational......where exactly are the points coming from?? Maybe Brighton, who might still be fighting for their lives, so that's no gimme......Leicester & Burnley away, highly unlikely with these cowards????

And I have zero faith in Kroenke spending CL money on new players.... if we get into CL with this team, why do we need other players?? That will be Kroenke's thinking with regards to his money making soccer team.
I agree Brighton won't be easy but even so we really should be beating them - unlike Palace their away form is not good and I don't think they have scored for about 5 hours now.
Leicester away won't be easy but as I have said it is quite feasible that we might only need a point there. That is achievable. Leicester City are nowhere as good as Wolves this season.
Basically if we get to the last game of the season needing to beat Burnley then I think we will get it - it will certainly be easier than winning the Europa League!

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

xisstential wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
augie wrote:

Have to agree, based on current efforts we have fuck all chance of taking more than a point at Leicester and Burnley.

I can't remember the circumstances that led to Dick selecting a weakened side against Everton but ffs if you ever needed evidence that Elniny and the Doozy in front of Mustafi was a recipe for disaster then that was it. With Ozil and Mhiki in the line up as well we had no real bite about us. We came into the game on a decent run of results too. So Dick started to do a bit of rotation and next thing the footy took a serious dive. We nicked an awful win at Watford which was a real hit and run job. For some reason though Dick thought that the side he put out against Palace (I can't remember a weaker Arsenal side for some time tbh) was good enough to do a job at home :roll: Even a couple of draws there and we would still have a shout at top 4. For the record top 4 to me now is all about cash as we seem to have allowed a mad french cu.nt to throw all of ours away.

Palace and Wolves have highlighted what we already know about how shit we can be when defending and that many of our team lack backbone and desire. Personally I can't help but think we have (had) a better chance of top 4 than winning the ropey cup and the fucking about with the team has just about knackered that. Let's hope that Dick proves me wrong in the ropey.

Ernie71

Post by Ernie71 »

g88ner wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:57 am
FFS if Elneny, Jenkinson or Mustafi play I'm done :x
Thank God they didnt play we may have got are arses spanked.The whole team is shite

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:43 pm
xisstential wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
augie wrote:

I agree Brighton won't be easy but even so we really should be beating them - unlike Palace their away form is not good and I don't think they have scored for about 5 hours now.
Leicester away won't be easy but as I have said it is quite feasible that we might only need a point there. That is achievable. Leicester City are nowhere as good as Wolves this season.
Basically if we get to the last game of the season needing to beat Burnley then I think we will get it - it will certainly be easier than winning the Europa League!
If you ever want to plunge a dagger into the heart of an Arsenal team of the last 5 years tell them they have to win a game. If we go to Burnley needing a point...or even worse 3 points, we'll lose...I would put money on that. Any pressure and the team falls apart. There are no leaders and there is no backbone, hasn't been for years. I don't even know who the captain is, does anybody??

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:00 pm
xisstential wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
augie wrote:

Have to agree, based on current efforts we have fuck all chance of taking more than a point at Leicester and Burnley.

I can't remember the circumstances that led to Dick selecting a weakened side against Everton but ffs if you ever needed evidence that Elniny and the Doozy in front of Mustafi was a recipe for disaster then that was it. With Ozil and Mhiki in the line up as well we had no real bite about us. We came into the game on a decent run of results too. So Dick started to do a bit of rotation and next thing the footy took a serious dive. We nicked an awful win at Watford which was a real hit and run job. For some reason though Dick thought that the side he put out against Palace (I can't remember a weaker Arsenal side for some time tbh) was good enough to do a job at home :roll: Even a couple of draws there and we would still have a shout at top 4. For the record top 4 to me now is all about cash as we seem to have allowed a mad french cu.nt to throw all of ours away.

Palace and Wolves have highlighted what we already know about how shit we can be when defending and that many of our team lack backbone and desire. Personally I can't help but think we have (had) a better chance of top 4 than winning the ropey cup and the fucking about with the team has just about knackered that. Let's hope that Dick proves me wrong in the ropey.

Agree with this from Jock and with Xistential in the thread above. Having any belief that this team will achieve anything, is purely blind faith. It’s a case how people want things to be, rather than how they actually are.

Everyone on here hopes we succeed, but it defies evidence to believe we will.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

xisstential wrote:

Exactly, this is precisely what he did when Wenger was in charge, a manager he had a strong faith in, does anyone seriously think he's going to back Emery with a big budget?, he has zero track record of investing money into 'his' teams anyway.

We'll likely have no CL football but even if we do it has been shown in the past under wiggy that we don't spend a great deal, we spend some of what we have generated but we are on course for a £60M loss in the next full accounts, where is the budget coming from?, it's player sales and nothing else, cash in the bank we have not fully utilised before, now it will just be used to offset the loss.

It is Kroenke that is the problem, always has been, always will be, Wenger what just a past it manager who took the flak for him, it worked well because while so many people were ranting and raving about Wenger, the wiggy parasite c*nt managed to oust Usmanov and gain full control of the club.

Now we are FUBAR unless by some miracle he sells up, which isn't very likely, get used to finishing 5th/6th, it is Kroenke's level given the level of investment (zero) and ambition (zero) he has for the club (corporation).

:censored: :censored: :censored:

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Pathetic performance again. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

We will have basically the same squad in place next season, perhaps 1 or 2 changes, and thats it

on those wages they are going no where fast

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Ernie71 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:28 pm
g88ner wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:57 am
FFS if Elneny, Jenkinson or Mustafi play I'm done :x
Thank God they didnt play we may have got are arses spanked.The whole team is shite
:lol:

tbh I'm still baffled why emery picked such defensive team against palace at home but went do gung ho away at wolves. if anything, I was expecting the opposite.

either way, making 7 changes between 2 league games seems ridiculous to me.

oh well, Leicester away up next...