Leicester City|Away|PL|Sunday 28th April|12pm KO

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
goonersid

Re: Leicester City|Away|PL|Sunday 28th April|12pm KO

Post by goonersid »

I find it hard to believe that there are still those on here blaming wenger for whats becoming one of the most disappointing seasons, ladened with missed opportunities. that I can recall as an Arsenal fan.
Emery is fucking clueless and his excuses are becoming more wengerlike every week, to say the game was going as planned up until the sending off? go fuck yourself and dont fucking insult my intelligence, we were fucking shite with 11, just as we’ve been for months!!
He will no doubt be given more time, I however have no faith whatsoever in a fucking idiot who makes the same mistakes week after week after painful week!
Had it not been for the most fortuitous unbeaten run I’ve ever seen when week after week, teams failed to punish us in the way we are being punished now, then I dare not contemplate where we would be in the league.
Blame wenger, blame the Kroenkes, blame the players, blame whoever the fuck you like! but Emery picks the team , Emery deploys the gameplan and tactics (don’t make me laugh)
So open your fucking eyes and stop this fucking pathetic denial, he is fucking clueless!!!
Arrrrrgggggghhhhhh

Midz

Post by Midz »

at time of writing Utd are 1-1 with Chelsea (80mins)

It's like all three teams are trying hard not to get 4th place.

augie

Post by augie »

Ok sid, seeing as you are soooo set against emery, tell me who should get the job - in your dream world dick gets the tin tack in the summer, so who should be appointed as his successor ? According to you it isn't that we have shite players, so therefore there are managers out there that can get us challenging with these same garbage players

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

augie wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:10 pm
Ok sid, seeing as you are soooo set against emery, tell me who should get the job - in your dream world dick gets the tin tack in the summer, so who should be appointed as his successor ? According to you it isn't that we have shite players, so therefore there are managers out there that can get us challenging with these same garbage players
That’s the most AKB post you’ve ever made Augie, the old “who could do better”
Well appointing a new manager won’t be my decision, however just as when we both wanted Wenger out, I never really put forward suggestions for his replacement, the important thing for me was to remove the failing that was in place!
I know we havent got the best squad in the plge and I wouldnt expect the best manager in the world to have us challenging, I would however expect a manager with some kind of tactical nous not to be repeating the same mistakes every week!
I could also argue that Emery has possibly a better squad than Wenger had in recent years, yet cant really do any better than Wenger!
Okay we will finish with more points than we did last season, a season that saw Wenger sacked! Beyond that its no better and is in fact worse than what went before and that wasnt good enough in football management terms and neither is this

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

augie wrote:
It doesn't matter who gets the job, isn't it obvious by now that the best managers wont come here?!, yes lets go to Arsenal with a shoe-string budget and a squad full of average, mostly aging players who need replacing for next to nothing, all in a league full of oligarch's and middle eastern money at other clubs (as well as Merchandise United).

We're a dead duck club with f*ck all future other than Europa league and austerity, yet still people go to the sh*thole corporate bowl and finance wiggy w@nkers investment, our fans are stupid. Ban me if you like I really don't care!.

#KroenkeOUT
#BurnTheEmiratesDown

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :censored: :censored: :censored:

If Raul Sanlehi is the answer WTF is the question?!?!. :rubchin: :banghead: :censored: :twisted:

augie

Post by augie »

goonersid wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:31 pm
augie wrote:
That’s the most AKB post you’ve ever made Augie, the old “who could do better
Well appointing a new manager won’t be my decision, however just as when we both wanted Wenger out, I never really put forward suggestions for his replacement, the important thing for me was to remove the failing that was in place!
I know we havent got the best squad in the plge and I wouldnt expect the best manager in the world to have us challenging, I would however expect a manager with some kind of tactical nous not to be repeating the same mistakes every week!
I could also argue that Emery has possibly a better squad than Wenger had in recent years, yet cant really do any better than Wenger!
Okay we will finish with more points than we did last season, a season that saw Wenger sacked! Beyond that its no better and is in fact worse than what went before and that wasnt good enough in football management terms and neither is this

Not at all sid - the point I am making is that no manager in the world could come in and turn this club around in 12 months after being left with such a sub-standard gutless squad to work with. There is no coincidence that the best players we have had this season are all (with the exception of laca) post-wenger signings - the players who continue to be at the root of our troubles, are those overpaid piles of shite that the French cock accumulated in latter years, and no manager in the world can make them good enough or disciplined enough in 9 months. The difference between wenger and dick is that I believe we were entitled to expect the French c.unt to do better seeing as they were his players that presumably were bought to fit in with his system - dick is trying to implement his system with players who are too lazy (xhaka, ozil, mikki, iwobi etc) and are devoid of any guts and passion and pride, so I think that he is entitled to be given a chance to bring in his own players before being judged and cast aside

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: Leicester City|Away|PL|Sunday 28th April|12pm

Post by StuartL »

Why is it when we perform badly it’s not one or two, who can be subbed and get an improvement, it’s the whole bloody lot of them. :banghead:
How can a team defend well away v Lazio, and then look like they don’t give a collective shit v Watford, Palace, Wolves and Leicester.

It’s a good job we have played mid table teams who were already on the beach, with nothing to play for recently or we would have been in a bit of trouble :rubchin:

Ernie71

Post by Ernie71 »

goonersid wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:35 pm
I find it hard to believe that there are still those on here blaming wenger for whats becoming one of the most disappointing seasons, ladened with missed opportunities. that I can recall as an Arsenal fan.
Emery is fucking clueless and his excuses are becoming more wengerlike every week, to say the game was going as planned up until the sending off? go fuck yourself and dont fucking insult my intelligence, we were fucking shite with 11, just as we’ve been for months!!
He will no doubt be given more time, I however have no faith whatsoever in a fucking idiot who makes the same mistakes week after week after painful week!
Had it not been for the most fortuitous unbeaten run I’ve ever seen when week after week, teams failed to punish us in the way we are being punished now, then I dare not contemplate where we would be in the league.
Blame wenger, blame the Kroenkes, blame the players, blame whoever the fuck you like! but Emery picks the team , Emery deploys the gameplan and tactics (don’t make me laugh)
So open your fucking eyes and stop this fucking pathetic denial, he is fucking clueless!!!
Arrrrrgggggghhhhhh
Emery didnt buy Mustafi
Emery didnt buy Jenkinson
Emery didnt buy Xhaka
Emery didnt buy Kolasinac
Emery didnt buy Elneny
Emery didnt buy Ozil
Emery didnt buy Mkhitaryan
Emery didnt buy Welbeck

Emery didnt give Ozil £350k a week

Wenger left this club in the shit.Bringing in lazy players and players who were never good enough.Looking at the squad we have now 5th or 6th is where we deserve to be.Anyone who thinks we should be doing better is deluded

augie

Post by augie »

Souness continues to say that dick has worked a miracle to get this squad challenging for top 4, cos it is such a poor squad

Block93

Post by Block93 »

The only way we will attract half-decent players to the club is to get into the Champions League. The best way into the Champions League is to finish in the top 4. That's where Emery has lost it. Only a complete halfwit would have put out the side he did against Crystal Palace. There was no excuse for it, and we paid a heavy price. In retrospect, just those 3 points would probably have got us over the line, if we beat Brighton too. I always thought we would lose away to Wolves and maybe nick a draw at Leicester, but having lost to Palace we just became desperate. The next two results were in all likelihood affected by the home loss.

Winning the Europa involves beating Valencia, who are no pushovers, and then probably Chelsea.

So, is it easier to beat those two, or Palace and Brighton at home? I have my view, Emery obviously has his.

M'lud, the prosecution rests its case.

PS And lest you think I am criticising Emery based purely on recent results, I said he could not set up teams to defend, on the first page of the Emery thread, when he was appointed. Our away defending almost defies belief at times. His explanations are becoming increasingly deluded.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Ernie71 wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:30 pm
goonersid wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:35 pm
Arrrrrgggggghhhhhh
Emery didnt buy Mustafi
Emery didnt buy Jenkinson
Emery didnt buy Xhaka
Emery didnt buy Kolasinac
Emery didnt buy Elneny
Emery didnt buy Ozil
Emery didnt buy Mkhitaryan
Emery didnt buy Welbeck

Emery didnt give Ozil £350k a week

Wenger left this club in the shit.Bringing in lazy players and players who were never good enough.Looking at the squad we have now 5th or 6th is where we deserve to be.Anyone who thinks we should be doing better is deluded
totally agree with above

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

augie wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:34 pm
Souness continues to say that dick has worked a miracle to get this squad challenging for top 4, cos it is such a poor squad
You keep regurgitating pundits opinions that agree with your own but ignore all those that disagree which are numerous, even Charlie Nicholas (who is the best of them imo) thinks emery is out of his depth.

LISTEN, dick does not have the same squad as Wenger, he brought in 5 New players (thats nearly half a team) that everyone on here has fawned over as being what we needed.

Most of this players play all the time yet we are fuckin worse, I mean we were shit under wenger at the end but I've never fuckin ever seen us this shit, I mean it when I say it but every fuckin time we are attacked I expect the oppo to score, it's fuckin frightening how bad we are.

Emery is a joke, double substitutions all the time tell you his first choices are shit, I've never seen this many subs at half time by any other manager in all the time I've watched football.

Pay him off and fuck him off.

Ernie71

Post by Ernie71 »

This is Jurgen Klopp's first squad at Liverpool . 3 and a half years ago away to Spurs .They finished 8th behind West Ham in his first season. Only Milner and Lallana are still there. Klopp was given time and money to rebuild. Rebuilding the mess Wenger left us in will take a lot of money and time.The Liverpool board and fans backed Klopp. I remember most Arsenal fans said when Emery took over that it was never going to be a quick fix now some of those same fans are calling for Emery's head.If thats the case we will have a new manager every year

Liverpool’s starting XI v Spurs: Mignolet, Clyne, Skrtel, Sakho, Moreno, Leiva, Can, Milner, Lallana (replaced by Allen), Coutinho (replaced by Ibe), Origi
Subs: Toure, Allen, Ibe, Bogdan, Sinclair, Vilaca Teixeira, Randall

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

I had no expectation of getting anything out of this game. I expected to lose, comfortably, and with Vardy having a field day. Despite that coming to fruition, it was worse than I expected. Leno was again excellent and was the reason we weren't out of sight after an hour.

Of all of the issues (and the second goal tops the lot - Jesus fucking Christ that was beyond amateurish), we are just awful in midfield. Xhaka and (over the last few months) Torreira are absolutely fucking pedestrian. Shit in possession, beaten to every loose ball and generally off the pace. Our defence was actually coping well second half until they scored especially considering that they had fuck all possession - but there was just zero pressure on the ball and the bloke had all the time in the world to pick out the runner. Sorry but van Dijk, Laporte etc would have no hope of picking up a midfield runner like that - we just gave all of their midfielders all the time in the world all over the pitch all game. Beyond that, Mkhitaryan has reverted back to being absolutely diabolical and Iwobi didn't tell us anything we didn't already know about his ability to play PL football. I'm not sure that there's any other starting midfield in the league which I wouldn't take over that 4 at the moment. Fucking hell.

The second goal was diabolical but the defence had no protection from the midfield and it was just wave after wave of possession and attack from Leicester. Lacazette and Aubameyang were completely ineffectual but had nothing approaching anything which could be classified as 'service'.

I've got next to no sympathy for Maitland-Niles. It was an idiotic first booking - and it was a booking because he just cut the guy off with zero effort to win the ball - and despite the minimal contact the second yellow was such a clumsy and needless lunge, borne out of his own mistake in the first place. It snuffed out any chance of us robbing a result. That said, Michael Oliver was a fucking disgrace. He was officious throughout, except obviously when it came to Leicester and in particular Chilwell who got away with murder whilst on a yellow without even a talking to. He is just a younger Mike Dean - an arrogant prick who clearly treats our players with complete disdain and regularly fucks us.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Arguably the team has gotten worse since the start of Emery's term, prior to Christmas we had rediscovered some steel and ambition, since then it has gotten worse and worse, when me and Sid started bemoaning him we were told give him time he'll improve things well fuck me that went wrong somewhere, we have gotten worse and worse recently.

These are the same players that went what, 20 unbeaten earlier in the season, so when we do that the manager is the best thing since sliced bread but when we go to shit its all the players fault and nothing to do with UE...... some blinkered Wengerite thinking there :roll:

Bear in mind these are the same players who ran rampant against Spuds in November under the same manager.

I said it before, i dont like him, yes he needs time because of the dross he was left but my patience is wearing thin he seems to lack tactical nouse and ability to turn thing round when things are going wrong game after game. There is just something about his management style which grates on me.

Maybe we were a bit starstruck at the start of the season when he made some changes in games that worked well but right now the only reason we're still in touching distance of the top 4 is arguably because for much of the season the Manc Scum and the Chavs have been in as much turmoil as we have been.

We need a complete overhaul this summer and his business in the transfer market will tell us a lot, without funds he's going to have to be inventive in his deals or we're looking at a very similar season again next year because with the exception of the Spuds who will lack funds and maybe the Chavs the other top teams are going to spend well whilst we potter around in the bargain basement.