Valencia (H) Europa League 02/05 @ 20:00

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Valencia (H) Europa League 02/05 @ 20:00

Post by DB10GOONER »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 9:50 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:53 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:37 pm
Might draw, might lose, but we won’t win this. Hope I’m wrong.

Looking forward to seeing Xhaka all at sea, as the Spanish midfield pass the ball around him.
For a second I thought you wrote "Looking forward to seeing Xhaka thrown into the sea". :lol:

So you know only a C+ for effort. Teacher's comment: "Retro is keen and mostly a good student but must try harder".

:D :wink:

:lol:
Point taken. What I should have said, of course, is “looking forward to seeing Xhaka thrown into the sea, with heavy weights tied to his ankles.

Alternatively, to keep Jock Gooner happy, keel hauled or forced to walk the plank by Barbary pirates.

Would it be a violation of contemporary liberal mores, to see him hanged in a gibbet, outside Ashburton ? :rubchin:

Assuming an A+ for this.

Absolutely A+ and you get to bang the teacher and - oh, hang on...... :shock:

:wink:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 12:41 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

Looking forward to seeing Xhaka all at sea, as the Spanish midfield pass the ball around him.
For a second I thought you wrote "Looking forward to seeing Xhaka thrown into the sea". :lol:

So you know only a C+ for effort. Teacher's comment: "Retro is keen and mostly a good student but must try harder".

Point taken. What I should have said, of course, is “looking forward to seeing Xhaka thrown into the sea, with heavy weights tied to his ankles.

Alternatively, to keep Jock Gooner happy, keel hauled or forced to walk the plank by Barbary pirates.

Would it be a violation of contemporary liberal mores, to see him hanged in a gibbet, outside Ashburton ? :rubchin:

Assuming an A+ for this.

Absolutely A+ and you get to bang the teacher and - oh, hang on...... :shock:

Now, if you were talking about Mrs Murphy from my first year junior class.....

7 years old and I think I’m still in love with her now ! And none of your customary filth in response, if you don’t mind, she wasn’t that type of girl !!

shu

Post by shu »

she is a dogger :D

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

shu wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 12:58 pm
she is a dogger :D
You nasty boy. She must be almost 80 !

:pixie2:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

Assuming an A+ for this.

Atta boy, if you're going to do something you might as well do it right :lol:

I've always said that hanged drawn and quartered is underrated.

I have no hesitation in recommending you for an A+ with a shiny gold star anything less would be criminal.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 3:06 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

Assuming an A+ for this.

I have no hesitation in recommending you for an A+ with a shiny gold star anything less would be criminal.

Fuck no, don't "quarter" Xhaka....one of him is more than enough, imagine four !!! :worried:

All joking apart, the bloke is way beyond useless. Not just inept and offering nothing, but a total liability, who puts us in trouble constantly. Make a point of watching him closely when we play and it's clear how uncomfortable he is on the ball (especially if there's an opponent within 10 yds of him), how poor his distribution is and how in his desperation to get shot of the ball, he'll play team mates right into trouble. All that on top of not tackling....on the odd occasion he does, he'll give away a free kick....having poor positional sense and no football intelligence and never tracking opposition runners. Leicester's first goal on Sunday, their midfielder ran straight past him into the box to score and Xhaka didn't move.

I'll guarantee that the Spanish, technical midfielders, will move around him like he's not there. He might as well not be.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 3:42 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

Assuming an A+ for this.

Fuck no, don't "quarter" Xhaka....one of him is more than enough, imagine four !!! :worried:

All joking apart, the bloke is way beyond useless. Not just inept and offering nothing, but a total liability, who puts us in trouble constantly. Make a point of watching him closely when we play and it's clear how uncomfortable he is on the ball (especially if there's an opponent within 10 yds of him), how poor his distribution is and how in his desperation to get shot of the ball, he'll play team mates right into trouble. All that on top of not tackling....on the odd occasion he does, he'll give away a free kick....having poor positional sense and no football intelligence and never tracking opposition runners. Leicester's first goal on Sunday, their midfielder ran straight past him into the box to score and Xhaka didn't move.

I'll guarantee that the Spanish, technical midfielders, will move around him like he's not there. He might as well not be.

Ok ok, hanged drawn and halved....that's my final offer

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 3:56 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 3:42 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Assuming an A+ for this.

Ok ok, hanged drawn and halved....that's my final offer

Ok, done ! As long as we can sell both halves to Spurs !

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

CloakedGooner wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 6:28 am
Retro Gunner wrote:

Looking forward to seeing Xhaka get dumped in concrete under a traffic island by the Spanish navvies
:shock:

wibble

Post by wibble »

Perhaps not the right thread but I see Ramsey is ruled out for the season and therefore has played his last game for us.

A very frustrating player at times but played some good games this season and scored some important goals for us. Will always have fond memories of his cup winning goals!

brucers

Post by brucers »

Napoli were meant to be a tough nut and I expected nothing. I expect nothing against Valencia but as you can see my powers of prediction are not good. I am our best hope, haha.

CloakedGooner

Post by CloakedGooner »

StuartL wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 7:18 pm
CloakedGooner wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 6:28 am
Retro Gunner wrote:

Looking forward to seeing Xhaka get locked up and served some "spicy chorizo sausage" in a Spanish jail

Herd

Post by Herd »

Lets do this Boys !

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

We may scrape a draw tonight but wont win away. No class & no heart (bollocks). :barscarf: :barscarf:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:51 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:51 am
The worst draw for us. Absolutely dreading this semi final. Valencia have fucked us over more than any other club in European competition. CWC Final 1980 and eliminate us twice in the CL in the early noughties when we had a proper decent team. I'm not holding out much hope for us at all.
You don't seem aware of the existence of Barcelona and Bayern Munich old boy.... :wink:
£35m for Mustafi, and that is before any football matches are taken into consideration :banghead: