Valencia (H) Europa League 02/05 @ 20:00

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Valencia (H) Europa League 02/05 @ 20:00

Post by DB10GOONER »

Home win. :shock:

But we'll probably fuck it away at their place... :roll:

xisstential

Re: Valencia (H) Europa League 02/05 @ 20:00

Post by xisstential »

Seems irrational I know but I actually think we can actually win this comp. Surely the players will make a better fist of it than our last 4 games?? Surely....... :? :? :?

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

The worst draw for us. Absolutely dreading this semi final. Valencia have fucked us over more than any other club in European competition. CWC Final 1980 and eliminate us twice in the CL in the early noughties when we had a proper decent team. I'm not holding out much hope for us at all.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Nos89 wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:51 am
The worst draw for us. Absolutely dreading this semi final. Valencia have fucked us over more than any other club in European competition. CWC Final 1980 and eliminate us twice in the CL in the early noughties when we had a proper decent team. I'm not holding out much hope for us at all.
Don't worry, we'll beat them. It's all part of the plan to lose the final to the chavs after coming 5th in the PL.

Hopefully the atmosphere on Thursday will match AM last year which was really good.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Draw at best :roll:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Might draw, might lose, but we won’t win this. Hope I’m wrong.

Looking forward to seeing Xhaka all at sea, as the Spanish midfield pass the ball around him.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nos89 wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:51 am
You don't seem aware of the existence of Barcelona and Bayern Munich old boy.... :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:37 pm

Looking forward to seeing Xhaka all at sea, as the Spanish midfield pass the ball around him.
For a second I thought you wrote "Looking forward to seeing Xhaka thrown into the sea". :lol:

So you know only a C+ for effort. Teacher's comment: "Retro is keen and mostly a good student but must try harder".

:D :wink:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:

Looking forward to seeing Xhaka drowned at sea, by pirates off the Spanish main.
What century are you in :lol:

Midz

Post by Midz »

xisstential wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:27 am
Seems irrational I know but I actually think we can actually win this comp. Surely the players will make a better fist of it than our last 4 games?? Surely....... :? :? :?
Unfortunately if there's a league table for those who 'fuck it up when given a glorious chance', we'd be top of it by a mile.

I agree with you that we could reach the final but no matter who we meet in it we will bottle it for sure.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

despite the 1980 CWC, Valencia are one of my favorite teams.

i saw them play in Spain when they had Mario Kempes play.

a great city to hang out in.

i'm not confident, not at all. we seem to be in freefall.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

clockender1 wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:32 pm

I was a kid when they beat us in the 1980 CWC and it was devastating - added of course to the murdering wham filth beating us in the FA Cup final. Fucking devastated. :cry:

Interestingly after that final Kempes (who was absolute world class) was later asked who was the hardest defender he had played against in his career and he said Dave O'Leary. Also Interestingly O'Leary made a total cùnt of himself doing an "Adebayor" up the pitch when Leeds handed the title to manure at our expense - long before there was even such a thing as an "Adebayor". :censored:

:wink:

CloakedGooner

Post by CloakedGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:

Looking forward to seeing Xhaka get sold into slavery on a remote Caribbean island by the Spanish navy
:shock:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

clockender1 wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:32 pm

My fave Spanish team aswell,been over a few times but not for about 10yrs when they had David Villa,David Silva, Juan Mata and Albelda (liked a tackle) in the team.I think it was Almeria 3-2 same weekend we signed Arshavin 8) we got stuck over there cos of the snow back home :barscarf: 3day jolly to Alicante cheers :wink:
Anyhoo back to this game :rubchin: weve got an absolutely shite record against them over the years and I fear it'll continue here :cry: Dunno the score here but they'll do us over 2legs.Chavs will win it though. :cry:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:53 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:

For a second I thought you wrote "Looking forward to seeing Xhaka thrown into the sea". :lol:

So you know only a C+ for effort. Teacher's comment: "Retro is keen and mostly a good student but must try harder".

:D :wink:

:lol:
Point taken. What I should have said, of course, is “looking forward to seeing Xhaka thrown into the sea, with heavy weights tied to his ankles.

Alternatively, to keep Jock Gooner happy, keel hauled or forced to walk the plank by Barbary pirates.

Would it be a violation of contemporary liberal mores, to see him hanged in a gibbet, outside Ashburton ? :rubchin:

Assuming an A+ for this.