Brighton (H) PL 05/05 @ 16:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Jock Gooner

Re: Brighton (H) PL 05/05 @ 16:30

Post by Jock Gooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 12:43 pm
Looking forward to seeing Xhaka all at sea, as the South Coast back four hoof the ball over his head.

8)
Or they might just get him to play a one two with them - the options with Xhaka are endless :lol:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 11:44 am
Retro Gunner wrote:
Looking forward to seeing Xhaka all at sea, as the South Coast back four hoof the ball over his head.

8)
Or they might just get him to play a one two with them - the options with Xhaka are endless :lol:

:lol: That’s very true Jock, but if Xhaka attempts to play a one two with a Brighton player, then of course, he’d pass the ball straight to one of ours !

Maybe we’re on to something .... :rubchin:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 1:11 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

8)

:lol: That’s very true Jock, but if Xhaka attempts to play a one two with a Brighton player, then of course, he’d pass the ball straight to one of ours !

:idea: :idea: :lol:

You're a genius, get on the phone to Dick sharpish and tell him the news (you might need a translator for his English)

augie

Post by augie »

g88ner wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 2:48 am
xisstential wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:17 am
I really want Brighton to stay up, so we'll win......and of course it's meaningless, so we'll definitely win.
It's not meaningless.

If we win and chavs win, it all goes down to the last game of the season; us away at Burnley and chavs at Leicester.

My guess is neither us or chavs will win the last away game , meaning they somehow crawl over the finish line to claim 4th spot ahead of us! :x :lol:

The scum result today has really shaken the whole thing up - beat brighton tomorrow and we are 1pt behind the scum, and yes we have a tough away game at burnley next weekend, but they have a tough game against everton and are missing fat tongue, son and foyth. At the mo they have a 6 goal advantage on us, so you would imagine that we would need to win both of our last 2 games and hope that everton take at least 1pt off them, and that would mean that we would finish above them then. To muddy the waters even further, the chavs are at home v Watford tomorrow and away at Leicester next week, and neither are gimme's - if we are realistic we would agree that they will probably win tomorrow, but if Leicester are bang at it next week, beating them at their place will be no easy task.

At the end of the day all of that will be moot unless we take care of our business starting with brighton tomorrow, but where dick might have played a lot of back-ups in this game, the scum result might make him reconsider that decision.

3-1 home win with old man murray to score for them :roll:

wibble

Post by wibble »

Yeah particularly after another spurs defeat, it will be interesting to see if emery rests lots of players for the second leg or not. As much as I don’t want to see Elneny in an Arsenal shirt again it could happen tomorrow, and may even make sense!

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 1:24 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

8)

You're a genius, get on the phone to Dick sharpish and tell him the news (you might need a translator for his English)

:lol:
Yeah, I piss myself laughing when he’s interviewed. He generally gets the wrong end of the stick and gives an unconnected answer. Sometimes the interviewer might try again, particularly if it was an attempt at a difficult question to grill the manager, but Dick gives another semi coherent, irrelevant answer and the interviewer gives up. :D They then cut back to the pundits in the studio, who sit there silently, trying to work out exactly what Dick was on about. :lol: :lol:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 4:36 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 1:24 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

8)

Yeah, I piss myself laughing when he’s interviewed. He generally gets the wrong end of the stick and gives an unconnected answer. Sometimes the interviewer might try again, particularly if it was an attempt at a difficult question to grill the manager, but Dick gives another semi coherent, irrelevant answer and the interviewer gives up. :D They then cut back to the pundits in the studio, who sit there silently, trying to work out exactly what Dick was on about. :lol: :lol:

His prematch interview on the big screens on Thursday night was complete gobbledegook. We had a group effort with the folk around us to get the gist of it but failed completely. In fairness to him his English isn't too bad but he talks quickly which with his Spanish accent is just too much to follow. Entertaining though.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

wibble wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 3:59 pm
Yeah particularly after another spurs defeat, it will be interesting to see if emery rests lots of players for the second leg or not. As much as I don’t want to see Elneny in an Arsenal shirt again it could happen tomorrow, and may even make sense!

As Augie says, the scum’s result opens up all sorts of possibilities, the best of all being that if the scum fail to beat a resurgent Everton, then both us and the chavs could push them into 5th and no CL position.

Regardless of that, there is no excuse to rest anyone for the next three matches. Dick has to pick what he considers is his best available eleven for all three games. Each one is vital and a professional footballer is entitled to be capable of playing three games in a week, when so much is at stake. This is when a manager and the players should be completely fired up and I expect every player in the squad to be desperate to play in all these matches.

Midz

Post by Midz »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 5:53 pm
[

As Augie says, the scum’s result opens up all sorts of possibilities, the best of all being that if the scum fail to beat a resurgent Everton, then both us and the chavs could push them into 5th and no CL position.

How many times have you seen Arsenal given a great opportunity only to fuck it up?

My heart wants us to get top 4 and win the Europa but my head says we won't do either.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I really cant predict any score for us these days, lets be honest a team who cant buy goals rolling into town is normally a sure sign of a major fuckup from our defence.... so someone will win, lose or draw :rubchin:

Anyway as far as i'm concerned the whole finishing 4th argument is moot anyway, if we qualify for the Chumps league by either route there's no fucking chance we're getting any more money as our Wonderful Bewigged Owner will see it as success on a small budget, so why would we need more money he will have been vindicated :banghead:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Midz wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 7:43 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 5:53 pm
[

How many times have you seen Arsenal given a great opportunity only to fuck it up?

My heart wants us to get top 4 and win the Europa but my head says we won't do either.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m hardly getting carried away by optimism :) My main point was the second paragraph that you didn’t quote. Given that a chance for top 4 still exists, albeit dependent on others fucking up and notwithstanding that we'll probably fuck up regardless and given that we are in a good position to make the Europa final, there is no excuse for resting absolutely anyone. To cite the cliché, every game is now a cup final. Dick must play his first choice eleven in every game. My worry, is that I don’t think he knows what his first choice eleven is ! :?

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

hopefully Brighton will have been up all night celebrating :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Come on You Gunners - Rip the cuntts a new one... their manager is ex-scum just a pity we can't get them relegated. :?

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Scum loss will make up for our 1 - 1 draw. :D :D :barscarf: :barscarf:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 8:19 am
Come on You Gunners - Rip the cuntts a new one... their manager is ex-scum just a pity we can't get them relegated. :?
Rather that Cardiff went straight back down.....anybody going to miss Warnock???