Brighton (H) PL 05/05 @ 16:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
sk-gtfo

Re: Brighton (H) PL 05/05 @ 16:30

Post by sk-gtfo »

3rd best team in London............

F*ck off Kroenke you wiggy parasite!, your 'product' stinks.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 5:35 pm
begeegs wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 5:33 pm
Don't worry lads. We are going to lift the trophy and Spuds will finish 4th banishing them to Europa next year. :barscarf:
Is that what happens if we win the Europa? - that would be hilarious.
No, but 4th place would have to play in the qualifying rounds which start about July :shock:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Ramsey has shown more passion in his interview than the fucking lot of our players on the pitch, I couldn't give a flying fuck who disagrees but since he's been injured we've massively nose dived.

Good luck to him, he was willing to take 225 thousand fuckin pound LESS A WEEK to stay with us, top man.

And if you're all wondering why you think his impact dipped in the last few years then you only have to look at the shit he was playing with, would frank lampard have been scoring 20 plus goals a season surrounded by shit, no, not a fuckin chance, had Ramsey moved to a better team years ago he would have scored a ton of goals like lampard did.

How many of our midfielders score goals ffs

And any CUNNT defending ozil should be ashamed, he played against a side that only escaped relegation yesterday and he was fuckin shite, Ramsey would have affected the game 100 times for the better for us.

Fuck off dick and fuck off Arsenal

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 4:51 pm
If I had a dog as fucking stupid as Xhakatard I'd fucking drown it. :censored:
All at sea, remember ? Perfect for a drowning.

8)

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 5:19 pm
robbo10 wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 5:17 pm
All this stems from a brain dead pull from Xhaka,
I think it runs a little bit deeper than that..

Shit owner
Average manager
Average players
No ambition
No investment

I think nothing need be added to that. Spot on.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

What a fucking pathetic performance. Brighton have finished 17th, yet we took 2 points against them in our 2 meeings this season, that in itself sums us up. I have said all season that Emery has helped us to stand still at best and only for the equally laughable Man United, we would be 6th(just like last season). His faith in fucking Xhaka and Iwobi is up there with professor clueless in terms of mistakes and to play Lichtenshit was like an attempt to wind every fan up. I don't care what happens in the summer, he is still going to keep plenty of deadwood around and he is still going to be tactically inept, he will be more than likely be out the door by next summer.

Old Oak Gooner

Post by Old Oak Gooner »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 5:50 pm
3rd best team in London............

F*ck off Kroenke you wiggy parasite!, your 'product' stinks.
Here! Here! :banghead:

Goodbye Aaron and good luck- the only player out of the current crop who gives a shit.

Welling up l am here.

Bone idol Ozil, Mustafi and the windscreen washer please just fuck off and die.

Fuck this off to bed and cry myself to sleep. :censored:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Leyton Gooner wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 5:30 pm
They'll definitely bottle Thursday now. Now they know It's their only chance of salvaging another clusterfuck season.

That deity I was on about. It either doesn't exist or thinks I'm a *word censored*. Can't blame it really :lol:

I’m too polite to say. Anyway, you’ll remember, it’s all begeegs fault.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

We are a very poor side. Given our run in and the way the teams around us have been dropping points, a half decent side would already be home and dry in 3rd place. As it is, 4 points from the last 18 as Rodders says, or maybe an even worse perspective, 1 point from the last 12, with all to play for, says it all.

Other than the truly dreadful Xhaka, I wouldn’t complain too much about team selection today....playing Lichsteiner at home against 17th place Brighton, shouldn’t be an issue. The trouble is, the quality of the squad is average at best and as much as everyone lambasts (justifiably) our defence, a bigger problem is the midfield. A complete lack of creativity, especially in the centre mid and to compound that, a complete lack of fight and aggression, which in lesser teams, usually balances the lack of craft. We have nothing. We could have GG’s back four in place and our midfield would leave them exposed and vulnerable. I like Torreira and I’d keep Guendouzi, who’s still young, but the rest I’d ship out.

Don’t imagine that this is a defence of our backline, which is crap. I don’t get the love-in with Sokratis on here tbh. Not being Mustafi doesn’t make him good in my book. He’s an idiot, who wrestles, grabs and blocks when there’s no need and draws the attention of the ref. He then pisses the ref off with his antics. It took him no time at all to earn a bad reputation, which means he’s booked at the drop of a hat. I know we’ve been starved of competitive centre backs, but I also want one with a brain !

As for Dick, I’ve said a few times on here recently, that the best I can say, is the jury’s out. My gut feeling is that he’s not the answer, although I’ll give him until next Christmas. I know full well the poor quality of the squad, but I always thought that a decent manager could do more with it than Wenger was proving capable of. I definitely thought that the right coach could tighten us up and remove the habitual weaknesses. After a full season, this could still be Wenger at the helm, complete with the end of season collapse !! Dick’s faith in Xhaka should sound deafening alarm bells for anyone with half a clue. As for today, wtf was the 3 substitutions all about. We had them pinned in their own final third and had a head of steam up. I was screaming for him not to make 3 changes, as it was certain to kill the momentum. That’s what happened. Getting Xhaka off is all I’d have done.

I have absolutely no idea what will happen against Valencia and should we get through that, what will happen in the final. Mind you, if it’s the chavs, as looks likely, we’ll lose.

As many of us have said, the biggest problem of all is the owner and as others have said on this thread, we don’t have the type of fan base who’ll try to drive him out. His enormous wealth probably makes him untouchable, but a concerted anti kroenke effort is required. Fuck it all, what has our great Club become ?! :(

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

The fact we’re all but confirmed to finish behind the scum on a weekend which they lost pretty much sums up what an absolute shit show our run in has been.

Echo what other have said with regards to Ramsey, the minute he went out of the side all midfield creativity went with him. Ozil does fuck all, Mikhi is a complete fucking dud, Iwobi is is a fucktard and Xhaka is something which if I wrote it here I’d have the site shut down.

What are the prospects of shipping out 8-10 players and completely rebuliding the squad in one summer? Unlikely.

We’d have lost at Bunrley next week anyway I suppose.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Oh and good luck Ramsey, not a legend in the same respect as Bergkamp, Henry or Adams but still a very good Arsenal player none the less, I hope he enjoys life at a club that has some ambition because he wasn't getting that here.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 7:32 pm
The fact we’re all but confirmed to finish behind the scum on a weekend which they lost pretty much sums up what an absolute shit show our run in has been.

Echo what other have said with regards to Ramsey, the minute he went out of the side all midfield creativity went with him. Ozil does fuck all, Mikhi is a complete fucking dud, Iwobi is is a fucktard and Xhaka is something which if I wrote it here I’d have the site shut down.

What are the prospects of shipping out 8-10 players and completely rebuliding the squad in one summer? Unlikely.

We’d have lost at Bunrley next week anyway I suppose.
I can seriously see a steady decline without CL money again,and we're stuck with the absolute dross you mentioned,I wonder how many of the under 18s who won their league we'll see come through in a few years,hardly any I suspect,would you (us) trade a few years success for the rebuilding through the youth or like with Wenger,would the youth still clearly not work because there isnt actually that much talent coming through.
I'm not sure what direction the club will go in now,I dont even know if Emery will be there for the start of next year season if the summer transfer window is a dud,and I dont see Kroenke going anywhere,

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Caught the last 30 minutes and it was awful. It is about as damning indictment as you could want that throwing the kitchen sink at the opposition involves bringing on Guendouzi, Iwobi and Kolasinac. The timing of the substitutions was shambolic - we had actually been all over them and it just looked like a matter of time, so to make 3 substitutions at that point was foolish.

Looking forward to Thursday and hoping we can scrape through and then beat Chelsea in the final - which I would fancy us to do. Other than that, this season has simply been dragging on for months now. We have looked knackered since Christmas and I am beyond sick of watching Xhaka and Mustafi fuck around. We might get a bit more money to spend but realistically I couldn't give much of a fuck about whether we finish 4th or not. We are light years off being able to compete in the CL and actually the last 2 years in the Europa League have heralded more interest for me than the previous 6 or so in the CL.

Emery isn't going to get the money to rebuild us into a team working towards being challengers (even a huge warchest wouldn't bridge the gap to City and Liverpool). The most we can hope for is that today is the last time that Xhaka, Mustafi and Lichtsteiner play at the Emirates, and that the likes of Mkhitaryan and Iwobi play drastically reduced roles. Ozil also has to go for the harmony of the squad.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Oh and all this rebuilding in the summer will have to be done without a head of recruitment seeing as we haven’t even fucking bothered replacing the one we binned of earlier in the year.

Fucking joke club :banghead:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

robbo10 wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 5:28 pm
sk-gtfo wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 5:19 pm
robbo10 wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 5:17 pm
All this stems from a brain dead pull from Xhaka,
I think it runs a little bit deeper than that..

Shit owner
Average manager
Average players
No ambition
No investment
Yeah agree 100%,just commenting on todays embarrassment tis all,and I think you are being way too generous to call our squad average mate,trouble is as much as the club dont deserve CL football,it attracts better players than the dogshit we have now
Average players think you are sugar coating that one mate, some of these are diabolical...truly shit