Europa League Final Arsenal v Chav$ 29/05 Match Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
xisstential

Re: Europa League Final Arsenal v Chav$ 29/05 Match Thread

Post by xisstential »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 9:37 pm
Wenger played Oxlade Chamberlain against Liverpool a few days before he joined them..He went through the motions that day (wasn't the only one) .Emery cannot repeat this mistake with Cech . I am not suggesting that Cech or the Ox are or were corrupt but it is an impossible to fully concentrate.

Be interesting from a neutrals viewpoint to see just how bad a non concentrating Cech can be :? :? :?

If we get a corner in the dying minutes and are a goal down, Cech will probably go up for it, (despite having no intention to head a ball ever again) then just stay there until the final whistle.....

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

xisstential wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 6:32 am
Bradywasking wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 9:37 pm
Wenger played Oxlade Chamberlain against Liverpool a few days before he joined them..He went through the motions that day (wasn't the only one) .Emery cannot repeat this mistake with Cech . I am not suggesting that Cech or the Ox are or were corrupt but it is an impossible to fully concentrate.

Be interesting from a neutrals viewpoint to see just how bad a non concentrating Cech can be :? :? :?

If we get a corner in the dying minutes and are a goal down, Cech will probably go up for it, (despite having no intention to head a ball ever again) then just stay there until the final whistle.....
Of course he'll go up and stay there......ready to celebrate with his teammates.

Herd

Post by Herd »

I just realised that it is Ramadan too ,not good for service this late in.they all go a bit stir crazy if they've been fasting. I think it's like Turkey for booze so no problems though.
Anyway regret to say I cannot now go due to urgent biz so my tickets have been passed on in the slim chance they can be re sold. I'm pretty gutted.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

N'Golo Kante set to miss Europa League final in huge injury blow to Chelsea https://t.co/brcCA5pr97

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 12:56 pm
N'Golo Kante set to miss Europa League final in huge injury blow to Chelsea https://t.co/brcCA5pr97
Has there been a deal done? If we play Cech, they won't play Kanté

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

If Kante misses the final for them that is a great boost for us.

The Cech question and I agree with the vast majority you play your best team so Leno should start but the fact he played the semi means I know who will start.

Watching the league 1 playoff final and the OG had me picturing for a moment something similar happening on Wednesday night and it did nearly happen early in the season with Cech.

Boomerang and Laca are going to have to have great games for us to win,press from the front like they did both games against Napoli and Valencia,think it is a real 50-50 game Hazard has to be pushed back frustrated and nullified,easier said than done but their back four without Rudiger who is their best CB imo can be got at and even with him available.

Perryashburtongroves

Topside Northbank wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 2:59 pm

The Cech question and I agree with the vast majority you play your best team so Leno should start but the fact he played the semi means I know who will start.

Watching the league 1 playoff final and the OG had me picturing for a moment something similar happening on Wednesday night and it did nearly happen early in the season with Cech.

Boomerang and Laca are going to have to have great games for us to win,press from the front like they did both games against Napoli and Valencia,think it is a real 50-50 game Hazard has to be pushed back frustrated and nullified,easier said than done but their back four without Rudiger who is their best CB imo can be got at and even with him available.
Remember a couple of years ago when he just kicked it straight to Hazard and got chipped? That's his level.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Despite the complete calamity helmet-headed lamppost in goal, I still think we will win this. Bit surprised that Chelsea are such heavy favourites if I’m being honest.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

northbank123 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 10:41 am
Despite the complete calamity helmet-headed lamppost in goal, I still think we will win this. Bit surprised that Chelsea are such heavy favourites if I’m being honest.
I have this horrible feeling that sokratis is going to get caught by VAR

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 3:56 pm
Topside Northbank wrote:

Remember a couple of years ago when he just kicked it straight to Hazard and got chipped? That's his level.
I'm sure that was Fabregas.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Nos89 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 4:21 pm
Topside Northbank wrote:

It was....their third goal...they barely celebrated...wasn't even really acknowledged as a howler...it was just Cech

Perryashburtongroves

Nos89 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 4:21 pm
Topside Northbank wrote:

Yes, you're right. I was getting confused with the one where Hazard just wandered through and we let him score. Fucking hell, what a mess it was. Don't know if that was the same game because they all just blended into each other after a while.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Sun May 26, 2019 1:29 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 12:56 pm
Has there been a deal done? If we play Cech, they won't play Kanté
:lol:

:rubchin:

I think you may have something there! :shock:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Just listening to 5Live and their reporter in Baku who visited both teams training sessions and the latest is that Kante was 'moving gingerly' and unable to take part in the main teams training; no sprints etc and Sarri has said he is 50/50 to start.

:barscarf:

But Auba has an arm cast on one of his arms - it is an injury, but not a problem for him to play.

:?

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Furious Sarri STORMS OUT of final training session before Europa League final in Baku after spat between Higuain and Luiz... just hours after saying he 'loves' all his Chelsea players https://t.co/2D61juIKJ5 https://t.co/iLn2ZqxUpj