Europa League Final Arsenal v Chav$ 29/05 Match Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Rian1

Re: Europa League Final Arsenal v Chav$ 29/05 Match Thread

Post by Rian1 »

augie wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 8:53 pm
Rian1 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 8:49 pm
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 8:34 pm
Wengerballs wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 8:30 pm
World class strikers, relegation zone defenders. Nothing more to say.

Pure shit.
Both our strikers are not world class and today they've been fuckin 3rd class
Put Lacazette or Aubameyang with actual quality players around and they will be at the top of the pile.

Stop ffs - there is no excuse for a lack of work and a bad fcuking attitude :censored: :censored: :censored:
What work do you want them to put when the players behind their shoulder are fucking up every ball they get. Yeah they slacked off but it’s not that their chances cost us the game.

The whole team gave no service, whatever half chance they had was because of a handful of good balls put together and they were quickly shut down by Chelsea players.

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

Pressure is on Emery for next season now. Nowhere to hide. If we start poorly he'll be out of the job by Christmas and deservedly so.
Of course he won't be helped by our piece of shit owner who will be looking for a net spend of no more than 20/30 million over the summer.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

we need to drop down the league so all the tourists fuck off and the leech will follow

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Embarrasing

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 8:57 pm
I'm with gooner sid, have totally bottled this final, like we bottled the last 5/6 games of the league. Allegri collecting unemployment, cut our losses get him in, you can go on about giving him a chance till he gets his own players in, but I don't see any improvement, we are now a europa league side and will be for the foreseeable future, defence hasn't improved still the same shit mistakes.We hired a europa league manager and he hasn't even delivered that, and blew the chance of us qualifying through the league, when on paper we had the easiest run in we ever had.
People can go on about the mess left over from the last manager, but that's only papering over the cracks, plus add in the fucking yank and we are a midtable team from now on. I'm sick of it

Do you HONESTLY think that allegri would join us ? With this squad and our transfer budget ? If he would then great lets sign him up, but I know that there isn't a top manager in the world that would touch us with a bargepole

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

augie wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 8:58 pm
Keown has basically said that this club is now back to where they were in the 1980's - nowhere near the top clubs, and a lack of investment will ensure we will stay at this level
It could be a long way back. I think a lot of the fanbase STILL isn't putting two and two together (average team, big ambitions/free spending billionaires at other clubs, the most tightfisted manager in world football Kroenke who is going NOWHERE without an almighty battle). We could be looking at decades without a title challenge if we are not careful.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Thierry 3-8-99 wrote:
augie wrote:
Ian M wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 8:39 pm
This is a practice match now for the chavs. They could have had another couple easily. Big improvement from Wenger. NOT.

Will they have the balls to sack Emery?

Will they f*ck.

The thing I cant understand with comments like this (and those from sid), is that they totally absolve the players from blame and seem to think that a different manager will make everything better :roll: I said yesterday that dick is nowhere near an elite manager, but these players are nowhere near good enough either in ability or attitude. We will NEVER be a big club again under this ownership and we need to realise that
Very very true - just not sure as Arsenal fans how we cope/adapt/deal with it :(
Whilst i agree that the players are as much as fault as the manager tonight there were plenty on here whose ire only ever reach Wenger and often the players were a only a byproduct of his poor management style or recruitment policy, so why then after a complete season to improve things does UE suddenly get absolved of any blame and it is purely down to the players, he is the Head Coach, i go back to my earlier statement please point out one area he has obviously improved with his coaching, or even one player...

Being blinkered in the post Wenger era is just as bad as those who were blinkered for years because of what Wenger did for us in his early years. The Head Coach/Manager, no matter who he is, is responsible for how the team plays as a whole and how it is set up, we have been carved open too many times this season against differing levels of opponents (some of them incredbly shit teams) for him not to be responsible for the organisation, tactics and especially defending.

augie

Post by augie »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 9:03 pm
Thierry 3-8-99 wrote:
augie wrote:
Ian M wrote:
This is a practice match now for the chavs. They could have had another couple easily. Big improvement from Wenger. NOT.

Will they f*ck.

The thing I cant understand with comments like this (and those from sid), is that they totally absolve the players from blame and seem to think that a different manager will make everything better :roll: I said yesterday that dick is nowhere near an elite manager, but these players are nowhere near good enough either in ability or attitude. We will NEVER be a big club again under this ownership and we need to realise that
Very very true - just not sure as Arsenal fans how we cope/adapt/deal with it :(
Whilst i agree that the players are as much as fault as the manager tonight there were plenty on here whose ire only ever reach Wenger and often the players were a only a byproduct of his poor management style or recruitment policy, so why then after a complete season to improve things does UE suddenly get absolved of any blame and it is purely down to the players, he is the Head Coach, i go back to my earlier statement please point out one area he has obviously improved with his coaching, or even one player...

Being blinkered in the post Wenger era is just as bad as those who were blinkered for years because of what Wenger did for us in his early years. The Head Coach/Manager, no matter who he is, is responsible for how the team plays as a whole and how it is set up, we have been carved open too many times this season against differing levels of opponents (some of them incredbly shit teams) for him not to be responsible for the organisation, tactics and especially defending.

He is NOT absolved of blame/responsibility, and I blame his team selection against palace for triggering our end of season collapse :evil: What I will continue to say in his defence, is that he was left with a piss poor squad riddled with disgraceful attitudes

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

cameron326 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 9:01 pm
Pressure is on Emery for next season now. Nowhere to hide. If we start poorly he'll be out of the job by Christmas and deservedly so.
Of course he won't be helped by our piece of shit owner who will be looking for a net spend of no more than 20/30 million over the summer.
Honestly after the end to the season in the league and what we just saw, they have to sack him, I mean what is there to 'build on' really?, might take the heat off Stan a bit as well (sadly). I mean we lost 4-1 ffs, not like it was a close game, it just feels like Emery staying is for a lacking of any other ideas, which is probably why he will stay, talk about pathetic..

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Every cûnt on that pitch tonight should be fucking ashamed of themselves and should be forced to pay the travel costs of every single Arsenal supporter who travelled 2,500 miles, paid a fucking fortune and watched that utter shit. That was fucking disgusting. Absolutely fucikng disgraceful and fucking shameful. I hope everyone of those *word censored* is fucking ashamed of themselves right now. They have let the club down, the fans down, they've betrayed the history of the club and deserve nothing but fucking abuse. I'm fucking furious and fucking appalled. Fuck off the lot of them.

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

augie wrote:
Do you HONESTLY think that allegri would join us ? With this squad and our transfer budget ? If he would then great lets sign him up, but I know that there isn't a top manager in the world that would touch us with a bargepole
There is no way that we would attract a top manager. The owner will not invest, so we are stuck with youth and buying with what we earn. Top managers want to buy big players and play for the big prizes which Arsenal will not do.

The squad needs major surgery and it Kroenke isn't going to put his hand in his pocket to fund it.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

Still think Sarri and Chelsea pulled the biggest mind game in EL history with Sarri storming off, Luiz and Higuain putting hands and Kante not being available to play.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thierry 3-8-99 wrote:
augie wrote:
Ian M wrote:

Will they f*ck.

Great post Muzz, its not about tonight, its about the lacklustre shite we endured eg palace etc, thats why we wont play clge football next season. Emery isnt up to the long haul of plge season!

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

Rian1 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 9:08 pm
Still think Sarri and Chelsea pulled the biggest mind game in EL history with Sarri storming off, Luiz and Higuain putting hands and Kante not being available to play.
Don't agree. It was the biggest load of bollocks in history driven by the media to sell newpapers/web clicks. Sarri always said that Kante was 50/50 for the final. That meant that he was going to play.

Ian M

Post by Ian M »

Rian1 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 9:08 pm
Yes, that was a cute piece of misdirection, which the media lapped up. Sarri is a cunning old fox, who has been misread completely by the media, and half of the chavs.