Europa League Final Arsenal v Chav$ 29/05 Match Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gunner Rob

Re: Europa League Final Arsenal v Chav$ 29/05 Match Thread

Post by Gunner Rob »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 5:04 am
Apparently Arsenal have only sold 3000 tickets, Chelsea 600. This is going to be a half empty stadium. Even so says a lot about Chelsea’s fanbase.

Apparently the Azerbaijan FA have released 10,000 tickets that can be applied for by email. What a joke final.

They also put Arsenals allocation right next to the Chelsea fans behind the goal at one end.
Good.
Hopefully UEFA won't put a final on in such a stupid place in future.

only way to make sure that happens is to boycott this match.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

meanwhile finding somewhere to watch the game is proving tricky - the Rocket released some extra tickets this morning which sold out in 2 minutes ! :shock:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 1:28 pm
meanwhile finding somewhere to watch the game is proving tricky - the Rocket released some extra tickets this morning which sold out in 2 minutes ! :shock:
Why would anyone want to watch it in the Rocket ,it's like Arsenal TV for even more special needs ..........................actually that's right up your street Rob sorry !

rich31

Post by rich31 »

augie wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 7:36 am
Fcuk me all this nonsense about how great ramsey is for interrupting his family holiday to support his team-mates is fcuking me right off :evil: Why the fcuk did he book a holiday before the season ended ? Are there other players in the squad for the final that have had to cancel their holidays ?? Un-fcuking-likely I would say. I get that he is injured and ruled out for the game, and I get that he is leaving the club in a few weeks, and I get that he was probably allowed book this holiday by the club, but ffs he is still under contract to the club and should have been expected to travel for this game anyway. All this plays out like a pr stunt by ramsey and/or his agent as they try to portray him as this super human being, but it is a load of bollox imo
Fact is that (for whatever reasons) he doesn't have to be there but is going anyway.Fair play to him i say.I know he divides opinion but i think he has a genuine affection for The Arsenal and in this day and age that is a rarity in itself.
When i look at our midfield options i would rather he had stayed myself.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Herd wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 3:21 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Why would anyone want to watch it in the Rocket ,it's like Arsenal TV for even more special needs ..........................actually that's right up your street Rob sorry !
You strike me as being a 12 pins man Herd, perhaps even the T Bird which used to have a bit of a firm frequenting a few years back.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

As part of the preparation Arsenal are playing a "behind closed doors" game against an Austrian (I think) side this week. Someone on Twitter has cynically suggested that it is being played behind closed doors to replicate the expected atmosphere in Baku.

Herd

Post by Herd »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 7:39 pm
Herd wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
You strike me as being a 12 pins man Herd, perhaps even the T Bird which used to have a bit of a firm frequenting a few years back.
Nah TBirds was full of wannabees ,a little firm of us old grizzlies used to drink in the Kings Head round the corner ,we used to go down Tbirds to abuse them from time to time though. Frankly speaking I don't go very often anymore so it was the George or now the Eaglet or the Islington Bar and Grill which is owned by some of my pals ! I liked the 12 pins when it was a Black pub because you could always score some premium weed there. I miss the Favorite though that was a great place ,and of course the original Herd Pub was the Bedford Tavern !

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

not much difference between 12 Pins and the Rocket for a big game.
its just that there will be a better atmosphere in the Rocket, which is why they were able to sell an extra 300 tickets yesterday in under 5 minutes.

nut flush gooner

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 8:01 am
not much difference between 12 Pins and the Rocket for a big game.
its just that there will be a better atmosphere in the Rocket, which is why they were able to sell an extra 300 tickets yesterday in under 5 minutes.
I was in the 12 pins when we won the league at shite hart lane. I kid you not, it was as almost as good I imagine as being at the game. Beers were flying everywhere when Paddy scored.

The rocket has gone stale in recent years, become much more of a football tourist venue. Certainly, the hardcore Arsenal fans don't drink in there as much as they used to.

nut flush gooner

Herd wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 7:57 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 7:39 pm
Herd wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
Nah TBirds was full of wannabees ,a little firm of us old grizzlies used to drink in the Kings Head round the corner ,we used to go down Tbirds to abuse them from time to time though. Frankly speaking I don't go very often anymore so it was the George or now the Eaglet or the Islington Bar and Grill which is owned by some of my pals ! I liked the 12 pins when it was a Black pub because you could always score some premium weed there. I miss the Favorite though that was a great place ,and of course the original Herd Pub was the Bedford Tavern !
I've been in the Kings Head, not one of my favourite pubs tbh. Back in the day, we used to drink in the Bank of Friendship just up from the Gunners. You had to get known by the doorman, to be allowed in though.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Arsenal and Chelsea should have gotten together and refused to travel to Baku. Absolute joke.

Justinsaid

Post by Justinsaid »

Mikhi not travelling for non footballing reasons just about sums up the state of this venue choice.

What a mess this has become. An absolute disgrace from UEFA.

nut flush gooner

Justinsaid wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 12:11 pm
Mikhi not travelling for non footballing reasons just about sums up the state of this venue choice.

What a mess this has become. An absolute disgrace from UEFA.
Mikhi not travelling is probably a blessing in disguise the way he has played at times this season. Shame they can't find an excuse for not allowing Mustafi and Xhaka in.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Easy to scoff at his absence but as I said in some other thread he scored and got an assist against the chavs at the bridge in the league this season and got the winner when united won this competition a few years back. Who's to say it wouldn't happen again in this match? Unlikely, sure as his form has been toilet, but to not have the option to bring him due to political tensions is a disgrace.

Maybe he crosses in the ball that Laca or Auba score the winner from, or he scores in a shoot out if it gets to that. Instead we could see I-wobble send h9is penalty into orbit - who knows.

Farce.

Justinsaid

Post by Justinsaid »

Regardless of whether you rate him or not, for him not to travel due to safety concerns is a disgrace. Bigger picture.....

I doubt UEFA will even care, sure they'll say they do but really they couldn't give a fuck as long as they get their monies.