Europa League Final Arsenal v Chav$ 29/05 Match Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: Europa League Final Arsenal v Chav$ 29/05 Match Thread

Post by augie »

Kingralph wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 1:34 pm
I’m firmly in the Emery out camp now.
Whether or not he is a good manager or bad manager, dealing with handed down shite from Wenger or making his own player sales and buys, the very fact he caved and played Cech last night proves he doesn’t have the balls needed to make hard decisions.

Admittedly Cech was ok, but by not naming Leno he already massively undermined his position with the team IMO.

Imagine if you’re Laca or Auba and your manager shows he doesn’t really care about putting out the team with the best possible chance to win the cup. Why should they give a fuck if Emery doesn’t and the Board don’t?

This I agree with - it is very hard to convince players of the importance and necessity of winning the game, if they look around and see you picking the second choice keeper for no other reason but sentiment.

Clash

Post by Clash »

BFG4 wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 10:55 am
I wanted to wait til i calmed down to post but am still fuming, what a shit performance. From minute 1, there was zero fight or aggression. As for Emery, where do i begin. Our entire game plan was based on getting it down the wings and blasting it across the box, once Chelsea snuffed that out, we had no alternative. He didn't even try to change things tactically, just brought on random subs, it was like wanker was back. Then on top of everything, he shows zero bottle or being ruthless by starting Cech, who needs a European trophy when you can give an oap a good send off :banghead: Emery should be gone, if for nothing else, failing to beat either Palace or Brighton which should have made last night meaningless. On a side-note, there is a video of Giroud on the Plane after the match screaming "thank you Arsenal" then laughing, yet when he came to the Emirates, our fans were acting like he was Henry returning. Why would silent stan ever change when you have so many brainless idiots following this club, who will put up with anything.
Good points BFG.

And with regards to the highlighted part - I was at the game this season where Koscielny made his comeback after (yet another :roll: ) injury.

The reception he got when his name was read out at the start, and then again when he came on as a sub, made me want to throw up. Far too many of the crowd see him as some kind of legend. He is shite and always has been. Either he fucks up or injures himself (we saw of of each over both legs of the SF against Atletico last season :roll: ).

His pitiful defending for Girouds goal last night sums him up in big games. How many times has Kos played against Giroud in training for Arsenal and France ffs? He should know his game inside out, yet he goes to clear with his foot while Giroud stoops to head it in. Pathetic in so many ways. Koscielny is a complete flake and the fact he has been at Arsenal for 7 seasons and is now the fcuking captain shows just how low our standards were allowed to drop under Wenger.

We are all rightly concerned over the state of our club in so many areas but the one that doesnt get talked about enough is our fanbase. You are absolutely right to mention them. I despair at the braindwashed pricks this club has attracted in the last 10 years or so. They are a serious problem because they do not have a fucking clue and will tolerate things that should not be tolerated. Their presence is harmful because for the club to improve there needs to be much higher demands made from the stands ... and that lot are sure as hell not going to do it.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

wilko49er wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 11:32 am
Retro. Agree with that post, excellent stuff. I too have really struggled with renewing each season. Its the shame old Shit again. But mug that i am i will probably do it. Toyed with renting it out to trusted pals and/or friends of, but hilariously no one has shown ay interest. Fucking love this club, hate what its become, and what it does too us.

You know what Wilko, I rented my ST out for 4 seasons on the trot and each time it was a different taker. No one wanted it for more than one season....that says it all. Couldn’t find anyone to rent it for the season just finished, so resorted to selling individual games. Probably only sold about half and I actually went only once !

If someone had told me 15 years ago that I could end up feeling this detached and almost indifferent to the Arsenal, I’d have told them they were nuts. As Herd says in his post, I’ve been feeling increasingly like this for a good 10 years.

And as DB says, it’s that sense loss, from something that was a part of your very being, that is worst of all. :(

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 10:38 am

Emery is not the answer, he's a second level manager at best. I know that he inherited a pile of crap, but some additions were made and even with the same squad, I expect improvements in organisation, coaching, motivation and attitude from the players. If different managers can't have different impacts on the same group of players, then what's the point of a manager ? He's now had a full season, but let's be honest, it's as though Wenger never left. Forget the Valencia games, they were the oddities (also, we could have been 3 down in the first leg, before we scored). It was the last 6 or 7 league games that tell you all you need to know and last night...against an English league side....was merely a continuation of that run of form. Bang average squad or not, there's no excuse for the end of season collapse in the league, when so much was at stake. It piled the pressure on last night's result and we all know how we perform under pressure. As long as Kroenke owns the Club, we're doomed and the manager is to a large extent irrelevant, but I expect more from Emery than he's been giving us and while I'd give him next season, we'll know by Christmas.

I've a decision to make. My ST renewal is in and having wrestled with the decision every year for the last 6 or 7, I'm as close as ever to saying fuck it. Frankly, I rented it out for 4 years and this season sold lots of games via ticket transfer. Other than that, the seat mainly sat empty this season. I must be nuts for even considering dropping over a grand, when I have no real desire to (a) go and watch a dying side and (b) line fucking Stan's pockets. I just find it very fucking hard to let go of the ticket that I've had for donkey's years and that gave me great memories at Highbury, when our great Club still had its soul.
Good post mate. Know exactly how you feel.

I can understand people questioning Emery and while I agree to an extent he genuinely is in a shit position having inherited an average team and not having any real money to spend. Would any other top 6 club have bought any of this season's buys - no fucking chance but that is where we are these days. The thing is I'm not sure that I would trust him to spend the money (if we had any) in the right areas. I think he would largely ignore the defence and buy midfielders and strikers a la TOF. Let us not forget he would rather win 8 - 7 than 1 - 0 in which case he may well be at the wrong club. I could have got us into the top 6 this season and Ozil if he hadn't responded to my arm round his throat would have spent the season on the bench. Fuck Ozil, he's clearly not interested anymore. I heard on the radio this morning that Sanchez has more assists this season that Ozil. Wtf is that about.

I said several times that the great unbeaten run involved an awful lot of shit football and good fortune. And as somebody else said on here a top 6 finish for us is more down to the poor quality of other teams rather than anything positive about us. If the Evertons and Wolves of the league ever get their shit together then we could be in a spot of bother. We have two decent strikers but an awful lot of average and dross behind them.

I'm actually glad that we are not in the CL - we aren't good enough to do anything in it and the additional money would only benefit wiggy and quite substantially so. My ST renewal is also causing me a dilemna but I will probably renew and use the ticket exchange to offset the cost. At least I know my seat will be empty come the revolution (or snow).

I do think we need to stop trawling the continent for cheap options and start thinking about buying some committed hungry Championship players who want to play at the top level and who appreciate the opportunity. Do our scouts actually bother looking there or are they too busy enjoying themselves abroad. I don't want another promising 19 year old or another Elniny, we have plenty of them already.

Allegri....yes please but wiggy won't pay off Dick a year early so it appears that timing will probably deprive us once again of the option of a top class manager. Not that Allegri would consider us now given our status.

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Rian1 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 9:14 pm
Short shoutout to Oli. He’s been nothing but class and we can’t hate him for doing his job just like Lampard did with City. He said he owes us a lot and it’s been nothing but good between the team and him.

Personal favourite of mine, not your Messi but gets the job done when backed up and is IMO, a top B cat striker.
A poster boy for the shitehouse latter Wenger years. Fuck him, the absolute shitcunt

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 2:18 pm
Rian1 wrote:
Short shoutout to Oli. He’s been nothing but class and we can’t hate him for doing his job just like Lampard did with City. He said he owes us a lot and it’s been nothing but good between the team and him.

Personal favourite of mine, not your Messi but gets the job done when backed up and is IMO, a top B cat striker.
A poster boy for the shitehouse latter Wenger years. Fuck him, the absolute shitcunt
Absolute disgrace that he was our first choice lone striker for years.

Prick.

Clash

Post by Clash »

northbank123 wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 2:21 pm
Rian1 wrote:

Prick.
Well said both of you!

We sold RvP to Man United and replaced him with Giroud :banghead:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

northbank123 wrote:
Rian1 wrote:

Prick.
Remember when he went 14 games without scoring, as our No.1 striker, with Ozil (those were the days) setting him up time and time & time again and becoming more & more disillusioned with the lamppost in front of him.. Then he chests down for Ramsey to score and runs to our fans, who had the temerity to boo him, cupping his ear, despite the fact that he himself had still not scored

Yea he just oozes class. The walking, talking embodiment of Wenger's failures and lack of discipline.

augie

Post by augie »

xisstential wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 2:43 pm
northbank123 wrote:
Rian1 wrote:

Prick.
Remember when he went 14 games without scoring, as our No.1 striker, with Ozil (those were the days) setting him up time and time & time again and becoming more & more disillusioned with the lamppost in front of him.. Then he chests down for Ramsey to score and runs to our fans, who had the temerity to boo him, cupping his ear, despite the fact that he himself had still not scored

Yea he just oozes class. The walking, talking embodiment of Wenger's failures and lack of discipline.

Not AFC related I know, but he is also the guy that started every game for the team that won the world cup, and yet he didn't have even one shot on target in the whole month :roll: :oops: :oops: :oops:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

xisstential wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 2:43 pm
northbank123 wrote:
Rian1 wrote:

Prick.

I concur wholeheartedly with all the concurrings 8) Giroud is and always has been a fannybulge..hated the *word censored* when he was here.Everything that's been wrong with us since 2006.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 7:13 am
https://youtu.be/LG6QTSqFURk

arsenal fan tv thought the live stream had ended. they have been recorded laughing about profiting from us losing.
These fucking morons have been an embarrassment to Gooners everywhere for fucking years. :censored:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 2:04 pm

You know what Wilko, I rented my ST out for 4 seasons on the trot and each time it was a different taker. No one wanted it for more than one season....that says it all. Couldn’t find anyone to rent it for the season just finished, so resorted to selling individual games. Probably only sold about half and I actually went only once !

If someone had told me 15 years ago that I could end up feeling this detached and almost indifferent to the Arsenal, I’d have told them they were nuts. As Herd says in his post, I’ve been feeling increasingly like this for a good 10 years.

And as DB says, it’s that sense loss, from something that was a part of your very being, that is worst of all. :(

Look I don't mean to cause offence here but why rent it out?, just give it up, I really don't get it, the demand is dropping off a cliff and soon you will be able to pick one up easy peasy if you really want one, you are just giving KSE money they don't deserve, let it stay empty and unpaid on top.

They've been using fear tactics for years now making out how big the waiting list is etc., it was bs then and it is even more bs now, does anyone really believe people are queuing up round the block to see more Europa league and midtable football?, don't make me laugh!.

markyp

Post by markyp »

I think everything's already been said, I really don't know where we go from here?? Got me thinking today though about where has our demise come from? It's not necassarily about wiggy, wenger, emery or dog shit players I think it stems from the club as a whole being too pre occupied in revelling in its own self importance for years and years from board level down to the supporters to realise what is going on outside our stupid fucking 'values', yes us lot here aren't to blame, we are the few forward thinking people who support the club who saw this coming years ago and we were right! It's all the other people, the toffee nosed share holders, the hill-woods, in fact nearly every single fucking person involved at board level through to manager for decades, we should have woken the fuck up years ago as a club and got out heads out of our arses, while clubs like city and Chelsea were busy plotting success we were more than happy to laugh at them and say they will never be The Arsenal, well the chickens have come home to roost now, our once proud tradition and values means fuck all on a world wide footballing scale on or off the pitch, right now we are a laughing stock once again, football has moved on massively and left us behind
Last edited by markyp on Thu May 30, 2019 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

The only 'values' we have are KSE's share values, and I value them about as much as I value my last bowel movement. :roll:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 4:29 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 2:04 pm

Look I don't mean to cause offence here but why rent it out?, just give it up, I really don't get it, the demand is dropping off a cliff and soon you will be able to pick one up easy peasy if you really want one, you are just giving KSE money they don't deserve, let it stay empty and unpaid on top.

They've been using fear tactics for years now making out how big the waiting list is etc., it was bs then and it is even more bs now, does anyone really believe people are queuing up round the block to see more Europa league and midtable football?, don't make me laugh!.

I'm not going to argue with any of that and it's exactly why I've been on the horns of a dilemma for years. I've always believed, both when desperate to be shot of the mad Frenchman and now when desperate to see the back of the parasitic American, that the only real weapon we fans have, is a financial one. So, year in, year out, I've been in mental turmoil , knowing that I should send a strongly worded :) letter, telling them where to stick their renewal, but also finding it impossible to sever the ST link that I've had for so long. Maybe it's irrational and I don't intend to sound in any way superior to supporters without a ST, but having one really makes you feel part of the Club. However, truth be told, it's not particularly a Club that I any longer wish to be a part of, but the connection still runs deep and is beyond rationale. I also understand that a ST renewal is in some way an endorsement of how the Club is being run.

You're right that part of it was dreading the idea of giving it up and then seeing Wenger leave almost immediately and a brave new world dawning, with me no longer the owner of a ST. I fully appreciate that managerial change will now only have limited impact, because the scourge of our Club is Stan Kroenke (I can't bring myself to call it his Club, which, whether we like it or not, it fucking well is :banghead: :cussing: ), so the fear of missing out on a rejuvenated team and club should be removed from my thinking. However, that was always the smaller part of the matter. The main issue was having to sever a visceral connection. Fuck knows, maybe it's time.

Anyway SK, thanks for fueling my perceptions of myself as a hypocrite ! :D