Europa League Final Arsenal v Chav$ 29/05 Match Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Midz

Re: Europa League Final Arsenal v Chav$ 29/05 Match Thread

Post by Midz »

All this bollox about Miki not travelling in the papers today. I hope he doesn't travel or play because he's shite!

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

since traveling to baku is not an option for me I'm thinking of heading over to the 12 pins to watch.

anybody know if it will be a ticket affair there?

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 3:37 pm
since traveling to baku is not an option for me I'm thinking of heading over to the 12 pins to watch.

Apparently so. The tickets are £375 each, you'll need a visa to get in and have to fly via Beijing. Should be a great night though.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

The Standard says that 37,500 tickets were put on general sale in March ! Why would they do that ??

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

have just saw on Facebook it's tickets st the door for the 12 pins

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

Plea to the Gods of football. Man City win the league on Sunday. Don’t care who wins the FA Cup really, Victims to beat the Scum (4-0 hopefully) and we beat the Chavs (despite Helmet Head, not because of him and this bollox about a glorious send-off) and it would turn out to be a half-decent season.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 4:00 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:

Apparently so. The tickets are £375 each, you'll need a visa to get in and have to fly via Beijing. Should be a great night though.
:coffeespit:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

goonertux wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 5:10 pm
Plea to the Gods of football. Man City win the league on Sunday. Don’t care who wins the FA Cup really, Victims to beat the Scum (4-0 hopefully) and we beat the Chavs (despite Helmet Head, not because of him and this bollox about a glorious send-off) and it would turn out to be a half-decent season.
That would be a half-decent season but it needs a lot of things to fall our way and so far this season it's all been going the opposite direction.

Ok - lets throw the cat amongst the pigeons:

1. Lose to Chelsea and Pool beat Spuds
2. Beat Chelsea but Spuds win the CL

Sadly I think I know the answer... for me it has to be #1.

:banghead:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 4:00 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:

:barscarf:

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 5:27 pm
goonertux wrote:
That would be a half-decent season but it needs a lot of things to fall our way and so far this season it's all been going the opposite direction.

Afraid so. I just cannot bear the thought of them being "champions of Europe" and having to hear about it from them every NLD.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Leyton Gooner wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 6:00 pm
sk-gtfo wrote:
goonertux wrote:

Afraid so. I just cannot bear the thought of them being "champions of Europe" and having to hear about it from them every NLD.
As I've said before I would willingly hand back a few FA cups and a couple of league titles to prevent that. No question to answer and still can't get the fear out of my system. Ropey cup compared to that, so what :(

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 4:03 pm
The Standard says that 37,500 tickets were put on general sale in March ! Why would they do that ??
i dunno, but that's what they do for the World Cup and Euro's too - i got about a dozen tickets for different games in Euro 98, but no England games, so i sold a few online, went to a few games ( Holland V Mexico, France Vs Denmark, England Vs Tunisia) and sold a few in person.

every city we went to, people had tickets to sell and to buy - we bought France tickets from workers of EDF at below cost.

I got an England V Germany ticket the same way in Euro 2000 - off a local Belgian worker.

its a crazy fucked up situation that works for no one other than the FIFA / UEFA executives.

there will be fans all over Europe - Valencia, Napoli, Frankfurt etc who have tickets they don't want and can only sell online.

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 6:23 pm
Leyton Gooner wrote:
sk-gtfo wrote:
goonertux wrote:

As I've said before I would willingly hand back a few FA cups and a couple of league titles to prevent that. No question to answer and still can't get the fear out of my system. Ropey cup compared to that, so what :(
Tbh, I wouldn't be too bothered now if Liverpool won the league on Sunday and that gave them extra confidence for going onto win the CL

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Win, win for Cech. Could be a winner with us, if not he can join in with the Chelsea celebrations. He is going back there, the season is over, so technically he'll be one of them again. I wouldn't mind so much if he was any good for us but he has been sub standard since that W.H. debut. But of course, in true Wenger form and always unwilling to admit he made a mistake, Wenger defended & played & played & played him. In fact if Wenger had seen out his contract Cech would have been our No 1 this season as well and would have got the full Uncle Arsene send off. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Btw what is he going back to Chavdom for......... to teach their young keepers, after collapsing on the ground, how to get back up without hurting themselves??? Easy does it son.....nice & slow......never rush it.........

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 3:12 am
Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 6:23 pm
Leyton Gooner wrote:
sk-gtfo wrote:
goonertux wrote:

Tbh, I wouldn't be too bothered now if Liverpool won the league on Sunday and that gave them extra confidence for going onto win the CL
I take the view that the victims losing the PL to citeh will motivate them to destroy the scum in the CL.