Europa League Final Arsenal v Chav$ 29/05 Match Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: Europa League Final Arsenal v Chav$ 29/05 Match Thread

Post by rodders999 »

We've lost three European finals in a row, couldn't stomach a fourth .......that's quite enough of that pain and suffering.....so....

LET'S DO THIS THANG :barscarf:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 1:16 pm
There is talk again today of UEFA's investigation of citeh and financial irregularities so perhaps still a backdoor entry :wink: into the CL should we lose the ropey cup. That would be quite funny.
I wonder how likely that is - UEFA are no fans of English football and the two year chav transfer ban is yet more proof of that. Barca's ban was temporarily stayed, whereas the chavs ban hasn't been and it was upheld.

Whilst City would likely sue UEFA in court and tye them up until the CL starts, i would think that the Chavs would be one of the clubs strongly lobbying for the City ban.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Tickets on sale to all Season ticket holders now, the club expect it to go down to Silver/Red members. Tickets have not been selling well.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 4:38 pm
Tickets on sale to all Season ticket holders now, the club expect it to go down to Silver/Red members. Tickets have not been selling well.
Chelsea too. theirs are already for sale to club members. it is likely that both clubs will not sell their allocations - god knows who bought the other 56,000 tickets ? - local businessmen ? if we can't get there without spending a week, how are these VIP's going to do it ?

some potential good news for us tho - Reuben Loftus Cheek is going to miss the game as he picked up an ankle injury in that NY charity game. :roll:

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

clockender1 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 5:09 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 4:38 pm
Chelsea too. theirs are already for sale to club members. it is likely that both clubs will not sell their allocations - god knows who bought the other 56,000 tickets ? - local businessmen ? if we can't get there without spending a week, how are these VIP's going to do it ?

some potential good news for us tho - Reuben Loftus Cheek is going to miss the game as he picked up an ankle injury in that NY charity game. :roll:
Imagine how embarrassing It is that teams cannot fulfil their allocation because UEFA decided a shitshow of a place to host the Final instead of somewhere sensible like.. Germany, Italy, Portugal, Spain?

Also, I heard that landing slots at GYD have all been booked in advance so that answers how VIPs will get there.

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

Loftus Cheek torn Achilles tendon. Sucks for him but decent news for Arsenal tbh

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 8:25 pm
Loftus Cheek torn Achilles tendon. Sucks for him but decent news for Arsenal tbh
Out for ages apparently and CHO is out for months too - all good for us :lol:

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 8:25 pm
Glad he's out but sympathize. I ruptured both mine over a 3 year period & finished a promising 'Hackney Marshes' career !!. I'm hoping we can win this one 2-0. :D :D :barscarf: :barscarf:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

How can UEFA decide to hold a final in a country that doesn't allow certain nationalities in? How is that inclusive of all the "UEFA family"? Bloody joke. Mhki may have had a poor season but he's an international player, part of a squad and he can't be included because of visa problems due to his nationality. That's really not what football is about.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Nos89 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 10:33 am
How can UEFA decide to hold a final in a country that doesn't allow certain nationalities in? How is that inclusive of all the "UEFA family"? Bloody joke. Mhki may have had a poor season but he's an international player, part of a squad and he can't be included because of visa problems due to his nationality. That's really not what football is about.
Sucks for him but more good news for us tbh :D :D :D

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

xisstential wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 2:14 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 10:33 am
Sucks for him but more good news for us tbh :D :D :D
I know his form has been in the toilet but anything can happen in a final (Steve Morrow anyone??) so what's to say he wouldn't score the winner or even a goal in a penalty shoot out if he was brought on? He's already scored against the chavs at the bridge earlier in the season after all.

Not having the option to bring him due to political tensions is an absolute disgrace but no surprise considering it's corrupt UEFA calling the shots :roll:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Apparently Arsenal have only sold 3000 tickets, Chelsea 600. This is going to be a half empty stadium. Even so says a lot about Chelsea’s fanbase.

Apparently the Azerbaijan FA have released 10,000 tickets that can be applied for by email. What a joke final.

They also put Arsenals allocation right next to the Chelsea fans behind the goal at one end.

augie

Post by augie »

Fcuk me all this nonsense about how great ramsey is for interrupting his family holiday to support his team-mates is fcuking me right off :evil: Why the fcuk did he book a holiday before the season ended ? Are there other players in the squad for the final that have had to cancel their holidays ?? Un-fcuking-likely I would say. I get that he is injured and ruled out for the game, and I get that he is leaving the club in a few weeks, and I get that he was probably allowed book this holiday by the club, but ffs he is still under contract to the club and should have been expected to travel for this game anyway. All this plays out like a pr stunt by ramsey and/or his agent as they try to portray him as this super human being, but it is a load of bollox imo

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

augie wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 7:36 am
Fcuk me all this nonsense about how great ramsey is for interrupting his family holiday to support his team-mates is fcuking me right off :evil: Why the fcuk did he book a holiday before the season ended ? Are there other players in the squad for the final that have had to cancel their holidays ?? Un-fcuking-likely I would say. I get that he is injured and ruled out for the game, and I get that he is leaving the club in a few weeks, and I get that he was probably allowed book this holiday by the club, but ffs he is still under contract to the club and should have been expected to travel for this game anyway. All this plays out like a pr stunt by ramsey and/or his agent as they try to portray him as this super human being, but it is a load of bollox imo
I say fair play to him - Rwanda is a lovely place this time of year :rubchin:

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

augie wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 7:36 am
I do worry about your health Augie. You need to chill out a bit, all this anger can’t be good for your ticker!!