Europa League Final Arsenal v Chav$ 29/05 Match Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Retro Gunner

Re: Europa League Final Arsenal v Chav$ 29/05 Match Thread

Post by Retro Gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 5:53 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 5:50 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 5:41 pm
There is minimal risk to our non-Armenian supporters ffs - beyond the type of petty crime (pickpocketing or maybe mugging) that you might be unlucky enough to encounter in any country. :roll:

I find when you visit a foreign country if you don't act like a cùnt you won't get treated like a cùnt. :roll:

Act respectfully. Be friendly. Be polite. Spend some money. Talk to the locals. You'll be pleasantly surprised how well you get treated in return. 8)

:rubchin: :rubchin:
Exactly how long did it take you to work that out DB ??

:) :wink:
:lol:

14 kickings and 5 prison stays. :shock: :lol:

:barscarf: :barscarf:

:lol: :lol:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Nos89 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 6:01 pm
A great PR opportunity for the club in questioning UEFA for holding the final in Baku, and positive PR for Mhki. Emery and Koscielny speaking in support of Mhki showing a bit squad togetherness. I totally get why he's made the decision, but didn't he travel there to play against qarabag?
Cech should be benched and I think he will be judging by the photos of the players training. Leno in full diving mode in full size goal. whilst cech was picture barely getting off the ground in front of an u-10's mini goal. Tenuous but still thought the pictures spoke volumes.

:rubchin: Maybe they'll let us use one of those in Baku ?? Fuck knows we need it !!

herbert

Post by herbert »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
There is minimal risk to our non-Armenian supporters ffs - beyond the type of petty crime (pickpocketing or maybe mugging) that you might be unlucky enough to encounter in any country. :roll:

I find when you visit a foreign country if you don't act like a cùnt you won't get treated like a cùnt. :roll:

Act respectfully. Be friendly. Be polite. Spend some money. Talk to the locals. You'll be pleasantly surprised how well you get treated in return. 8)

14 kickings and 5 prison stays. :shock: :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Nos89 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 6:01 pm
A great PR opportunity for the club in questioning UEFA for holding the final in Baku, and positive PR for Mhki. Emery and Koscielny speaking in support of Mhki showing a bit squad togetherness. I totally get why he's made the decision, but didn't he travel there to play against qarabag?
Cech should be benched and I think he will be judging by the photos of the players training. Leno in full diving mode in full size goal. whilst cech was picture barely getting off the ground in front of an u-10's mini goal. Tenuous but still thought the pictures spoke volumes.

Nos, he didn't travel for that game for exactly the same reason as he won't travel for this one.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 6:13 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

14 kickings and 5 prison stays sharing a cell with BIG BUbba!. :shock: :lol:

:barscarf: :barscarf:

:lol: :lol:
:shock:

:D :wink:

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 12:15 pm
A big moment for Dick if he puts old helmet head in the starting eleven. A win and it doesn't matter but a loss involving the almost inevitable howler by the helmet and Dick is under huge pressure for next season before he spends a penny of his pocket money..... er sorry, I mean war chest.
Imagine if Emery came out in his presser and said he isn't 100% committed to winning the final -that's effectively what he's saying by playing Cech. This whole season has been about getting back in the CL and when we find ourselves 90 minutes away from that goal, he is willing to piss it away in order to be loyal to someone who will be leaving to join those *word censored* as soon as the game ends. This shows a lack of ruthlessness needed to succeed at the top level. This is Wengeresque levels of stupid.

augie

Post by augie »

BFG4 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 6:35 am
Jock Gooner wrote:
A big moment for Dick if he puts old helmet head in the starting eleven. A win and it doesn't matter but a loss involving the almost inevitable howler by the helmet and Dick is under huge pressure for next season before he spends a penny of his pocket money..... er sorry, I mean war chest.
Imagine if Emery came out in his presser and said he isn't 100% committed to winning the final -that's effectively what he's saying by playing Cech. This whole season has been about getting back in the CL and when we find ourselves 90 minutes away from that goal, he is willing to piss it away in order to be loyal to someone who will be leaving to join those *word censored* as soon as the game ends. This shows a lack of ruthlessness needed to succeed at the top level. This is Wengeresque levels of stupid.

Agree 100% - tbh I'm not sure if he can ever recover the confidence of the fans if he starts helmet head in goals, even if we win the final and he has a blinder. All season long I have struggled to get my head around the sentimentality issue that see's cech in goals for cup games - with wenger I expected nothing else, but with dick I wondered if it must be a contract issue that ensures his selection, cos dick should have no loyalty to a keeper that he didn't buy and has only worked with for a few months. Let's call it as it is …….. if dick felt that cech was good enough he would never have dropped him from the team in the first place, so picking a keeper that he doesn't believe in for such a big game is unacceptable to me, and shows a lack of balls for the big decisions

Herd

Post by Herd »

I think that Miki has had pressure put on him by uefa via the club to opt out and thus save embarrassing the hosts . They should have applied for his visa then raise merry hell when they refuse him one.
Total fucking cop out .
And we must play our strongest team too.

Clash

Post by Clash »

augie wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 7:50 am
BFG4 wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:

Agree 100% - tbh I'm not sure if he can ever recover the confidence of the fans if he starts helmet head in goals, even if we win the final and he has a blinder. All season long I have struggled to get my head around the sentimentality issue that see's cech in goals for cup games - with wenger I expected nothing else, but with dick I wondered if it must be a contract issue that ensures his selection, cos dick should have no loyalty to a keeper that he didn't buy and has only worked with for a few months. Let's call it as it is …….. if dick felt that cech was good enough he would never have dropped him from the team in the first place, so picking a keeper that he doesn't believe in for such a big game is unacceptable to me, and shows a lack of balls for the big decisions
I still wonder if that is the case because it just doesn't make sense to select Cech in the latter stages of this competition ... and even less now its the final against not only his former club ... but the club he is returning to in the summer!

Whether it is in some way connected to the end of Wengers contract which expires this summer who knows?! But surely we cannot have another manager tied down by nonsensical principals.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

BFG4 wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
Yes not sure anything could equal Wenger, but this has to be very close
Cech is a liability in goal, so slow to get down to a low shot near his body....and of course he has other interests now, securing his pension back at his home club ( low life scum club with mad bates as previous chairman, now very shady Russian)
Fucking used our great Club...despise the fucker

Clash

Post by Clash »

One of the other issues about picking Cech is that even if we win, then Leno (our no.1 keeper and the keeper who will be part of our club next season), will not have been part of it.

Winning trophies bonds a team but it is never the same if you have not played your part. Leno is not just missing the final either, he hasn't played a single minute of EL football for us. He was probably our best player in the 2nd half of the season and he deserves his place far more than Cech does.

I'm just guessing of course, but I still think what Augie said about it being part of Cech's contract must have some truth to it because it makes no sense at all. And its the sort of wanky thing Wenger would have agreed to so perhaps Emery has been lumbered with it but has decided not to say anything? I accept that that might be being too kind to him though.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Herd wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 8:45 am
I think that Miki has had pressure put on him by uefa via the club to opt out and thus save embarrassing the hosts . They should have applied for his visa then raise merry hell when they refuse him one.
Total fucking cop out .
And we must play our strongest team too.
As long as the deal includes 3 pens to us and 2 chavs sent off, I’m ok with it.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

According to Sky, 4000 Gooners going including worldwide supporters groups and just 2000 chavs tickets sold......shit club no fans!! :barscarf:

Midz

Post by Midz »

Fucking backward country with shit facilities and shit transport.
i hope the ground is empty and that UEFA are shamed or at least have some discomfort for arranging the final in such a stupid place.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Midz wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 7:39 pm
Fucking backward country with shit facilities and shit transport.
i hope the ground is empty and that UEFA are shamed or at least have some discomfort for arranging the final in such a stupid place.
Baku is like any other city in Europe a mixture of the modern and the historical. I expect most Gooners who go next week to report its a great place to visit. The German Beer hall that the local Gooners are meeting at looks mustard.

The problem as you say is the accessibility of both the city and the country from Western Europe, plus is it really part of Europe or Asia. It's not a backward country though IMO.

UEFA is corrupt to the core, and for sure have taken bungs to allow this match to happen in Baku, but the travel industry also is taking the piss tbh as they are for the CL final as well.