Europa League Final Arsenal v Chav$ 29/05 Match Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Retro Gunner

Re: Europa League Final Arsenal v Chav$ 29/05 Match Thread

Post by Retro Gunner »

StuartL wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 6:56 pm
Herd wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 8:45 am
I think that Miki has had pressure put on him by uefa via the club to opt out and thus save embarrassing the hosts . They should have applied for his visa then raise merry hell when they refuse him one.
Total fucking cop out .
And we must play our strongest team too.
As long as the deal includes 3 pens to us and 2 chavs sent off, I’m ok with it.

Given our lot Stuart, I still wouldn’t relax unless we were 4 goals up !

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 8:12 pm
StuartL wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 6:56 pm
Herd wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 8:45 am
I think that Miki has had pressure put on him by uefa via the club to opt out and thus save embarrassing the hosts . They should have applied for his visa then raise merry hell when they refuse him one.
Total fucking cop out .
And we must play our strongest team too.
As long as the deal includes 3 pens to us and 2 chavs sent off, I’m ok with it.

Given our lot Stuart, I still wouldn’t relax unless we were 4 goals up !
Oh yea of little faith (and much experience )

augie

Post by augie »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 8:03 pm
Midz wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 7:39 pm
Fucking backward country with shit facilities and shit transport.
i hope the ground is empty and that UEFA are shamed or at least have some discomfort for arranging the final in such a stupid place.
Baku is like any other city in Europe a mixture of the modern and the historical. I expect most Gooners who go next week to report its a great place to visit. The German Beer hall that the local Gooners are meeting at looks mustard.

The problem as you say is the accessibility of both the city and the country from Western Europe, plus is it really part of Europe or Asia. It's not a backward country though IMO.

UEFA is corrupt to the core, and for sure have taken bungs to allow this match to happen in Baku, but the travel industry also is taking the piss tbh as they are for the CL final as well.

Yesterday you were telling us how much danger the travelling Gooners were going to be in in baku :?

augie

Post by augie »

Midz wrote:
i hope the ground is empty and that UEFA are shamed or at least have some discomfort for arranging the final in such a stupid place.

I love the threats from UEFA that are being leaked to the media, saying that any protests from the Gooners in Baku will result in sanctions against the fans and the club - how the fcuk can you punish fans for non violent protests if nothing they say is breaking any law ?? Fcuking fcuk off you corrupt c.unts :censored: :censored: :censored: :evil: :evil: :evil:

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

On social media the rumour is the players wanted to wear t-shirts in their warm up with a message of support for Mhykitarian but are being told not to by the club for fear of inciting the crowd. So UEFA not only puts this in a shithole country and by extension bans one of our players from travelling but there can't be a word said about it either in the crowd or on the pitch.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

BFG4 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 6:38 am
On social media the rumour is the players wanted to wear t-shirts in their warm up with a message of support for Mhykitarian but are being told not to by the club for fear of inciting the crowd. So UEFA not only puts this in a shithole country and by extension bans one of our players from travelling but there can't be a word said about it either in the crowd or on the pitch.
That's a bit bindipperish isn't it? Make a protest by winning the thing and then doing press conferences calling UEFA a bunch of *word censored*.

Herd

Post by Herd »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Midz wrote:
Baku is like any other city in Europe a mixture of the modern and the historical. I expect most Gooners who go next week to report its a great place to visit. The German Beer hall that the local Gooners are meeting at looks mustard.

The problem as you say is the accessibility of both the city and the country from Western Europe, plus is it really part of Europe or Asia. It's not a backward country though IMO.

UEFA is corrupt to the core, and for sure have taken bungs to allow this match to happen in Baku, but the travel industry also is taking the piss tbh as they are for the CL final as well.
Except that it's not in Europe nut is it ??? I went there in 2002 and it was a fucking dump old decaying buildings poor roads and 1 pub .
However they have spent billions of petro dollars on the place and is now OK from those I know in Oil and Gas who go there regularly .
The problem is security there is poor and I can easily see a terrorist attempt on fans !

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

augie wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 9:56 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Midz wrote:

Yesterday you were telling us how much danger the travelling Gooners were going to be in in baku :?
The risk factors for a terrorist attack, don’t undermine how somewhere is a decent place to visit. My point was in relation to security for Mikhi. Other Armenian athletes have travelled across the border and nothing has happened of note.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Herd wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 9:54 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Midz wrote:

Except that it's not in Europe nut is it ??? I went there in 2002 and it was a fucking dump old decaying buildings poor roads and 1 pub .
However they have spent billions of petro dollars on the place and is now OK from those I know in Oil and Gas who go there regularly .
The problem is security there is poor and I can easily see a terrorist attempt on fans !
Yeah exactly, we don't know what the security is like. And overall the city is like an up and coming Dubai from what I've seen online.

Accomodation isn't unreasonably priced either, we got a 3 bedroom apartment for just over £200. Thats for 2 nights. So we have only really been stung by the flight prices.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Uefa is corrupt, the venue is absurd, and the veiled threats coming from Uefa are infuriating but almost everyone on here has been slating Mkhitaryan the entire season with cries of Get Rid. Now we are behaving like the scousers because this "world class player won't be available. As for our best team must be available, since when was Mkhitaryan a starter in our "best team"???

It sucks for him and Uefa suck even more, but he won't be missed....tbh I'm much more pissed off with Cech situation. I get enraged just thinking about how he has used, and is still using us. If Chelsea win he'll probably go join in with their celebrations.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

xisstential wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 7:56 am
Uefa is corrupt, the venue is absurd, and the veiled threats coming from Uefa are infuriating but almost everyone on here has been slating Mkhitaryan the entire season with cries of Get Rid. Now we are behaving like the scousers because this "world class player won't be available. As for our best team must be available, since when was Mkhitaryan a starter in our "best team"???

It sucks for him and Uefa suck even more, but he won't be missed....tbh I'm much more pissed off with Cech situation. I get enraged just thinking about how he has used, and is still using us. If Chelsea win he'll probably go join in with their celebrations.
Agree with most of that. I would've liked to have his experience on the bench, after all he's played and won the Europa league only three seasons ago.
As for Cech, he shouldn't start or at the very least Jimmy Rimmer him!!!

wibble

Post by wibble »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 4:24 am
augie wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 9:56 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Midz wrote:

The risk factors for a terrorist attack, don’t undermine how somewhere is a decent place to visit. My point was in relation to security for Mikhi. Other Armenian athletes have travelled across the border and nothing has happened of note.
It really was a lovely holiday, right up until the bomb went off! The pool was great though. 4 stars

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

xisstential wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 7:56 am

Agreed.......from last word in football
The Azerbaijani Government’s attempt to “sportswash” (to use a quintessentially 21st-century phrase) its dubious human rights record by hosting a major sporting event has already been condemned by Amnesty International and other human rights organisations.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Wenger played Oxlade Chamberlain against Liverpool a few days before he joined them..He went through the motions that day (wasn't the only one) .Emery cannot repeat this mistake with Cech . I am not suggesting that Cech or the Ox are or were corrupt but it is an impossible to fully concentrate.