Europa League final Baku travel thread.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Europa League final Baku travel thread.

Post by DB10GOONER »

Justinsaid wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 10:18 pm
Some very useful information for travelling fans here:

https://shewore.com/2019/05/21/arsenal- ... e-to-baku/

Well played the Arsenal Azerbaijan Supporters Club!
That's pretty cool. 8) :barscarf:

Did you see the advert for the Highbury Clock watches at the foot of that page? Nice idea but I wonder what quality they are....?

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

UEFA are offering a prize of three Europa League Final tickets on Twitter..Travel or accommodation not included. They have some fucking neck..

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Justinsaid wrote:

Thanks for the info, I wonder if UEFA will set up a fanzone. It has been done in previous years, for both the Europa and Champions League. Apparently, the stadium is well served by a metro system and its 15 minutes from the centre of town. Potentially saves getting to the ground 3 hours early because of the inevitable traffic.

https://www.meganstarr.com/get-to-baku-olympic-stadium/

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Bradywasking wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 6:19 am
UEFA are offering a prize of three Europa League Final tickets on Twitter..Travel or accommodation not included. They have some fucking neck..
:lol: :lol: :lol:

it is already easier to get a ticket for this final than it is to get into any pubs in north London that evening :D

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 5:59 am
Justinsaid wrote:

Did you see the advert for the Highbury Clock watches at the foot of that page? Nice idea but I wonder what quality they are....?

Maybe wait until they start selling xmas crackers and see if you get lucky on the 25th :lol:

gp543

Post by gp543 »

Hahaha even some of the sponsors are sending back their free tickets!

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/emba ... -3gc2vt5zm

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Arsenal should boycott this tin pot final. No fans turning up, even the sponsors can’t be bothered. And the Azerbaijanis only bought the tickets to make a quick buck on them. Time to form a breakaway competition and the UEFA cnuts can scratch their balls at the end of the season when they ain’t got anywhere to go for their annual jolly.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

UEFA saw 39 die and forced a game to be played.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

arrgee wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 10:35 pm
UEFA saw 39 die and forced a game to be played.
Too true..Fans didn't matter that night and they still don't matter .

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

So the ropey cup final and UEFA have managed to pick a venue that has led to both clubs returning thousands of tickets, sponsors returning tickets which means they can't even give them away :lol: and a player can't travel for safety and security reasons. A final which is going to have fuck all atmosphere and unless they let the locals in for free there are going to be some big chunks of empty seats ....what a fucking joke.

We should pull out of the final on the basis that we can't afford to be associated with such a fuck up but of course we're desperate for all the CL cash.....I mean the CL place :roll:

Surely this bunch of pricks can't give the 2021 ropey final to Georgia....can they...surely the Spanish will get it :rubchin:

Clash

Post by Clash »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 1:20 pm
So the ropey cup final and UEFA have managed to pick a venue that has led to both clubs returning thousands of tickets, sponsors returning tickets which means they can't even give them away :lol: and a player can't travel for safety and security reasons. A final which is going to have fuck all atmosphere and unless they let the locals in for free there are going to be some big chunks of empty seats ....what a fucking joke.

We should pull out of the final on the basis that we can't afford to be associated with such a fuck up but of course we're desperate for all the CL cash.....I mean the CL place :roll:

Surely this bunch of pricks can't give the 2021 ropey final to Georgia....can they...surely the Spanish will get it :rubchin:
Absolutely right mate.

This whole thing is beyond farcical. Its not even good for the locals (even if they did let them in for free) because the game kicks off at 11pm their time. If it goes to extra time and pens then you're looking at way past 1:00am. Not exactly family friendly.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

All of the above reasons are enough to convince any sane person that the awarding of this final to such a faraway land is ludicrous.

But my main gripe with it is that in this day and age of global warming and the need to cut back on needless travel etc.

Yet these cunnts are asking people to travel thousands of miles when in fairness could be just a few miles to Wembley.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 5:59 am
Justinsaid wrote:

I had one as a gift some time ago - Seems okay, keeps time etc...

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

I've been having a bit of a think about this and I've decided that all the gooners who are attending the final including those who contribute on here should shut the fu.ck up about the trip, man up and get on with it.

You didn't hear me crying about how hard it was to change my pounds into krone or francs back in the good old days (before the foreign currencies all went to shit) so I think it's a little bit rich that you are all crying over a slightly tricky journey and filling a form in - christ get a grip will you :lol:

Clash

Post by Clash »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 6:28 pm
All of the above reasons are enough to convince any sane person that the awarding of this final to such a faraway land is ludicrous.

But my main gripe with it is that in this day and age of global warming and the need to cut back on needless travel etc.

Yet these cunnts are asking people to travel thousands of miles when in fairness could be just a few miles to Wembley.
Although that would make sense, I think getting to a european final and then just taking the tube to Wembley to get to the game would be a bit of an anti-climax. Travelling abroad to a foreign city is part of the occasion .... but choosing Baku is disgraceful. It's not a football decision. Baku is a Dubai like city, full of millionaires. We all know that's why it was chosen.