Preseason Friendly Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
GoonerMuzz

Re: Preseason Friendly Thread

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Second half we were better with the introduction of the 'senior' players and we outplayed them but after the equaliser we just couldn't find the killer blow, our defence looked a lot better with the introduction of AMN and Papa, and believe it or not Xhaka gave us much more bite and control in the midfield. You could tell the strikers weren't quite up to match pace but it was a game we should have won in the end. :rubchin:

augie

Post by augie »

The Armenian pussy's penalty has just flown over the bar and has landed out near the motorway :roll: :censored: :censored:

augie

Post by augie »

Does anyone know what happened at the end of the match (before penalty shoot-out) when the Arsenal fan ran onto the pitch ? At first I thought that he ran on to confront the referee, but the more we looked at it the more it looked like he went in to bollock xhaka. If it was xhaka he was after, then xhaka should have punched his lights out

augie

Post by augie »

In truth this evenings match was a hard watch - in the first half it was probably a full second choice line-up, but it certainly would fill you with confidence about the squad depth. Chambers was very out of sorts at right back, nelson was iffy at best, and I'm sorry but I still don't think that nketieh is ready to play at this level yet - maybe a loan spell would be good for him right now, cos his career is gonna stagnate in the ressies and sending him out on loan might tell us if he is gonna be good enough to play at this level. As a rule I prefer watching the younger players in the pre-season games cos it gives me a chance to look at our potential future - against boreham wood and angers now I have had a decent look at most of the young players, and the view of the future worries me. It should be recognised though that martinelli played very well and worked his nuts off all night

Second half seen dick use a lot of senior players (more than I would like tbh), and you seen pretty much what is the norm in games like this - apathy, minimal work-rate, and generally played at snails pace :roll: Question I would like answered though, is where was ceballos this evening cos he wasnt even in the squad ??

Herd

Post by Herd »

I'd rather watch love island,and I dont watch love island .

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Just watched the second half of the Angers match. Looked cohesive AMN and willock looked good. Xhaka looked incapable of holding his position, even in this game and Mhki just has the one trick that no longer works whichever wing he's on. Not convinced by Martinez. I'm liking the idea of penalties after a draw.
Finally, thought of the player Mustafi reminds me of. Anyone remember Chelski's Frank Le Beouf?? Mustafi is our le beouf, an average defender who somehow managed to play in a world cup final and won.

augie

Post by augie »

Nos89 wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:15 am
Just watched the second half of the Angers match. Looked cohesive AMN and willock looked good. Xhaka looked incapable of holding his position, even in this game and Mhki just has the one trick that no longer works whichever wing he's on. Not convinced by Martinez. I'm liking the idea of penalties after a draw.
Finally, thought of the player Mustafi reminds me of. Anyone remember Chelski's Frank Le Beouf?? Mustafi is our le beouf, an average defender who somehow managed to play in a world cup final and won.

LeBeouf was indeed a shit defender, but he was a good footballer on the ball - mustafi has no redeeming features imo

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Yeah leboeuf could play a bit and was a bit of a leader too whereas if Mustafi started shouting the odds he'd probably be greeted with laughter :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

Just committed to paying Sky an extra €10 per month for next 6 months to have premier sports so that I can watch the barca friendly tomorrow night :oops: :oops: I know that I will get bt sports in that as well, but have to admit that wasnt my prime objective

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Thought you can pick up/drop Premier Sports as you want to with a months notice. I used them for some footy last year and emailed them to quit about a fortnight later and had no issues at all. You just want to enjoy the full glory of BT Thursday nights :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

Some very welcome news, albeit a need to be cautious

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... under-23s/

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

augie wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:52 am
Just committed to paying Sky an extra €10 per month for next 6 months to have premier sports so that I can watch the barca friendly tomorrow night :oops: :oops: I know that I will get bt sports in that as well, but have to admit that wasnt my prime objective
Its on freeview on Tuesday. freesport channel 64.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

augie wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:02 pm
Some very welcome news, albeit a need to be cautious

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... under-23s/
6-1 victory not too shabby. Anyone remember the score koscielny's comeback last season for u-23??? 5-0 defeat.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Up against the whores now.

My first experience of premier sports and it’s an absolute cluster fuck :roll:

augie

Post by augie »

Without a doubt that Armenian c.unt is an absolute waste of fcuking space - every single attack is breaking down with him, and at one stage he gave up and started bollocking a team-mate over a pass as maitland-niles made up 20 yards to get to the pass :evil: :evil: :censored: :censored: