Jose Antonio Reyes - RIP

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Jose Antonio Reyes - RIP

Post by OneBardGooner »

northbank123 wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:02 pm
That fucking thunderbolt he scored in the FA Cup against Chelsea would still be travelling now if it hadn’t hit the back of the net. Fucking rocket.
:high5:

I loved him as a player he 'Always' gave 100%.

There are a number of stories about him not being made welcome by some of the senior players in the squad and considering he spoke very little english and (sadly) was not too well educated, he did remarkably well to survive life at Arsenal as long as he did. The fake telephone call aired live on Spanish radio pretending to be Real Madrid's sporting director did him no favours ....There was also that incident when he was training with the Spanish team and the coach used derogatory names about TH14.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-peUh72jqo

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Possibly eclipsed as his greatest moment at Arsenal by him hacking down Ronaldo to get sent off at the death in the FA Cup Final in 2005. Wish our defenders these days had half as much nous.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

northbank123 wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:13 pm
Possibly eclipsed as his greatest moment at Arsenal by him hacking down Ronaldo to get sent off at the death in the FA Cup Final in 2005. Wish our defenders these days had half as much nous.
If some of our current players tried that they'd have to go off injured and be out for 3 months :wink: I'm not sure Martinelli will be as good as Jose but his attitude of getting stuck in does remind me of him a little :rubchin: