VAR

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
LeftfootlegendGooner

Re: VAR

Postby LeftfootlegendGooner » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:39 am

According to the commentator they were apparently looking for a stamp or someone scraping their studs down somebodies leg.
They never said that :roll:

Excuse me they did, maybe if your lips weren't moving you might have heard it.
Or "bumping your gums" as I like to say :lol:

Jock Gooner

Postby Jock Gooner » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:40 am

watched a clip of the NLD post match punditry there. it was on YouTube so they didn't have the rights to show the highlights on it but Dion Dublin says that Rose handled the ball in the box before our first goal. they were obviously looking at the footage at the time of broadcast.

if prefer the goal like everyone else but how come VAR didn't step in?

if man city get a disallowed for a similar incident how come it wasn't even looked at on Sunday.

not even a mention about it on sky

I've watched the Rose penalty incident back but still don't see any hand to ball movement from Rose. I didn't think 'penalty' when it happened in front of us at the time. Old rat face on commentary just went 'oooh' for the pen about 2 seconds after the shout went up and said no more about it. Have to say that there was a lot of embarrassing half cocked bullshit penalty shouts from our lot which we are usually better than. I hate the usual suspect fans who scream for pens/handball when it clearly isn't. Just a personal pet hate of mine.

Citeh's goal was chalked off as any handball intentional or not by the attacking team that leads to a goal is now given as handball. Not the same for the defending side where the old rules still apply (ie whatever the fu.ck the ref decides at the time :roll: ) and for VAR the whole clear and obvious mistake element presumbaly comes into it.....unless it doesn't :lol: I'll tell you what though the whole VAR thing really ruins the celebrations at a NLD, you see the ref touching his ear and think oh shit here we go.

DB10GOONER

Postby DB10GOONER » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:08 pm

watched a clip of the NLD post match punditry there. it was on YouTube so they didn't have the rights to show the highlights on it but Dion Dublin says that Rose handled the ball in the box before our first goal. they were obviously looking at the footage at the time of broadcast.

if man city get a disallowed for a similar incident how come it wasn't even looked at on Sunday.

I've watched the Rose penalty incident back but still don't see any hand to ball movement from Rose. I didn't think 'penalty' when it happened in front of us at the time. Old rat face on commentary just went 'oooh' for the pen about 2 seconds after the shout went up and said no more about it. Have to say that there was a lot of embarrassing half cocked bullshit penalty shouts from our lot which we are usually better than. I hate the usual suspect fans who scream for pens/handball when it clearly isn't. Just a personal pet hate of mine.

Citeh's goal was chalked off as any handball intentional or not by the attacking team that leads to a goal is now given as handball. Not the same for the defending side where the old rules still apply (ie whatever the fu.ck the ref decides at the time :roll: ) and for VAR the whole clear and obvious mistake element presumbaly comes into it.....unless it doesn't :lol: I'll tell you what though the whole VAR thing really ruins the celebrations at a NLD, you see the ref touching his ear and think oh shit here we go.
Surely fucking does. When we scored our second I didn't go my usual batshit mental celebrating because I was awaiting the VAR cùnts to rule it out for some bizarre reason or other. Only started leaping about after about two minutes. Fuck VAR.

Jock Gooner

Postby Jock Gooner » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:44 pm

Surely fucking does. When we scored our second I didn't go my usual batshit mental celebrating because I was awaiting the VAR cùnts to rule it out for some bizarre reason or other. Only started leaping about after about two minutes. Fuck VAR.
We were exactly the same for the 2nd so we didn't celebrate it properly at all :( Then we did the whole batshit crazy thing for the third goal without checking the lino first which is normally my first response. Having to climb back up 2 rows of seats was a bit embarrassing :oops: :lol:

IW8Goalmachine

Postby IW8Goalmachine » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:55 am

Motd praising the Chelsea forward for a "little tug" on the defenders arm so he can get ahead before he scores. So praising cheating and where was var for that one

Bradywasking

Postby Bradywasking » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:23 am

Motd praising the Chelsea forward for a "little tug" on the defenders arm so he can get ahead before he scores. So praising cheating and where was var for that one
Thought the same, and the Victims had a stone wall penalty not even reviewd

Return to “On the Terraces”