VAR

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: VAR

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:17 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:08 pm
V.A.R stands for VADGE And Rectum
It does?? :shock:

Ok I’ve changed my mind, I’m all for it.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:14 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:47 am
northbank123 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:05 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:45 pm
Bradywasking wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:50 pm
Aubameyang red card upheld..Three game ban stands.
Big surprise there!
What were we expecting to achieve?

They are reticent to overturn decisions when they’re blatantly wrong, never mind when they’re right!
Stop ffs mate. That was never a red. The game is dying on its arse as it is and will become unwatchable if they take the contact out of what is, let's remember, a contact sport. :roll:

With a contact sport you get accidents. That's all it was. Not even vaguely comparable to leg breakers that deserve reds like Shawcunt on Ramsey, Taylor on Eduardo, or Robertson's attempted leg breaker.

It's a man's game you Welsh poof. :lol: :wink:

:lol:

:rubchin:

:shock:

Oi!!! That's racist you Culchie!!! :lol: :wink:

Motherfucker. :box:

I am not an inbred culchie goat fucking uncle botherer. I am Dublin scum and proud of it. :lol: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:17 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:08 pm
V.A.R stands for VADGE And Rectum
It does?? :shock:

Ok I’ve changed my mind, I’m all for it.
Hells yeah count me in too. :barscarf:

And I do mean "IN". :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:18 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:14 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:47 am
northbank123 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:05 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:45 pm

Big surprise there!
What were we expecting to achieve?

They are reticent to overturn decisions when they’re blatantly wrong, never mind when they’re right!
Stop ffs mate. That was never a red. The game is dying on its arse as it is and will become unwatchable if they take the contact out of what is, let's remember, a contact sport. :roll:

With a contact sport you get accidents. That's all it was. Not even vaguely comparable to leg breakers that deserve reds like Shawcunt on Ramsey, Taylor on Eduardo, or Robertson's attempted leg breaker.

It's a man's game you Welsh poof. :lol: :wink:

:rubchin:

Oi!!! That's racist you Culchie!!! :lol: :wink:

Motherfucker. :box:

I am not an inbred culchie goat fucking uncle botherer. I am Dublin scum and proud of it. :lol: :wink:

So are you saying you're Not related to Spuddy!? :shock: :D

augie

Post by augie »

Anyone see the fuss that bt made over dacoure not being punished for his studs up tackle on the scum player ? Anyone remember hearing the same level of fuss last week when the victims player (Robertson) made the same type of tackle and was given a throw in ? Thought not :roll:

The level of hypocrisy and double standards by those media c.unts is disgraceful :censored: :censored: :censored:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

How was Pepe’s penalty not given?

Mane or Salah get breathed on and VAR won’t think of overturning a penalty at Anfield. See crucial last minute penalty to win game at home against Leicester as case in point.

This is why it will never work. Even ignoring the pitch side monitor nonsense and the slanted lines offside fiasco, as long as it is run by muppets and bottlejobs who are afraid of making good calls and desperate to stick up for their fellow refs it will be a disgrace.

You can accept the ref making a poor decision like that in real time, but not watching footage on a TV.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

At Arsenal we now have the on field official screwing us over and a video ref watching it back and endorsing it.

They say decisions even themselves out over a season but what’s gone on with us this season is complete and utter cheating.

Mike C.UNT Reilly in the crowd all smiles today and all.

SCUM :banghead:

Oxfordroad80s

Post by Oxfordroad80s »

Stop blaming VAR were shit end of.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Listen we can talk all day about the merits of the current manager, the former manager, Wenger, Gazidis, Stan or the man in the fucking moon but regardless of all that, what’s been going on all season long with us and officials is plain and simple CHEATING.

I remember Luiz giving away a penalty at Anfield for a shirt tug, but nothing to see here. All ok.

This is the worst of the lot, the biggest act of cheating ever inflicted on the club because it was completely fabricated by someone watching on a screen. At the time when VAR were checking this incident I remember being absolutely fuming because I thought they were going to rule out our goal and give us a penalty for the foul on Chambers which I was convinced we’d then miss. Instead of that a free kick to Palace was given and the goal disallowed. Total corruption.

Instead of a red card to Jorginho for this incident and us going on to win the game it was one of our players who ended up getting booked, he goes on to score and we go on to fucking lose.

When the VAR check of this was going on yesterday and they showed the replay for the first time I uttered one word - stonewall. That’s so obvious even we can’t get screwed out of it right? WRONG.

These are on field errors that are being endorsed by VAR and it’s about time somebody called it out for exactly what it is - orchestrated cheating by the officials against us.

Ask yourself this, if all the incidents shown above had been against us instead of for us what would have been the outcome?

FUCK VAR

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:37 pm
Listen we can talk all day about the merits of the current manager, the former manager, Wenger, Gazidis, Stan or the man in the fucking moon but regardless of all that, what’s been going on all season long with us and officials is plain and simple CHEATING.

I remember Luiz giving away a penalty at Anfield for a shirt tug, but nothing to see here. All ok.

This is the worst of the lot, the biggest act of cheating ever inflicted on the club because it was completely fabricated by someone watching on a screen. At the time when VAR were checking this incident I remember being absolutely fuming because I thought they were going to rule out our goal and give us a penalty for the foul on Chambers which I was convinced we’d then miss. Instead of that a free kick to Palace was given and the goal disallowed. Total corruption.

Instead of a red card to Jorginho for this incident and us going on to win the game it was one of our players who ended up getting booked, he goes on to score and we go on to fucking lose.

When the VAR check of this was going on yesterday and they showed the replay for the first time I uttered one word - stonewall. That’s so obvious even we can’t get screwed out of it right? WRONG.

These are on field errors that are being endorsed by VAR and it’s about time somebody called it out for exactly what it is - orchestrated cheating by the officials against us.

Ask yourself this, if all the incidents shown above had been against us instead of for us what would have been the outcome?

FUCK VAR
Interesting to see it detailed that way..a definite theme going on...absolutley hate the fucking thing

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

I can't remember a VAR decision that's gone our way apart from the goal at OT when they would have looked even bigger morons had they disallowed it. I blame Wenger. Didn't he call Dean an idiot or something?

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:37 pm

FUCK VAR
No point stressing about it. The club is run by a spineless board who won't do anything about it

herbert

Post by herbert »

Fuk Var i have had enough of it

Whether we are up or down on points with var is irrelavent because holding your emotions for 1 or 2 or 5 minutes after a goal is scored has ruined the most important part of watching a football game

GET RID

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

herbert wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:18 pm

Whether we are up or down on points with var is irrelavent because holding your emotions for 1 or 2 or 5 minutes after a goal is scored has ruined the most important part of watching a football game

GET RID
Unfortunately Herbert that's never going to happen, the muppets at FIFA and UEFA have mandated its implementation and the FA dont have the balls to stand against them. Couple that with the fact that TV audiences love a bit of controversy and the Channels will be loving it too, therefor the EPL wont want to jeopardise the incoming readies, neither will the clubs turn their noses up at the revenue provided.

All us old fans need to get our heads around the SPORT we used to love and follow religiously has now become entertainment, stadiums have become Venues and Supporters have become fans all in the name of Revenue....... tragic isnt it :o

Football isnt about freezing cold December nights in the rain with your mates, eating shitty mince pies and drinking God awful tea watching the Arsenal grind out a 1-0 against the usual northern monkeys at Highbury any more it's all about the experience these days, and the controversy of VAR adds to the experience, from their point of view the anticipation of the decision heightens the feeling and you'll celebrate or commiserate all the harder when it is announced :banghead:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:49 pm
herbert wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:18 pm

GET RID
Unfortunately Herbert that's never going to happen, the muppets at FIFA and UEFA have mandated its implementation and the FA dont have the balls to stand against them. Couple that with the fact that TV audiences love a bit of controversy and the Channels will be loving it too, therefor the EPL wont want to jeopardise the incoming readies, neither will the clubs turn their noses up at the revenue provided.

All us old fans need to get our heads around the SPORT we used to love and follow religiously has now become entertainment, stadiums have become Venues and Supporters have become fans all in the name of Revenue....... tragic isnt it :o

Football isnt about freezing cold December nights in the rain with your mates, eating shitty mince pies and drinking God awful tea watching the Arsenal grind out a 1-0 against the usual northern monkeys at Highbury any more it's all about the experience these days, and the controversy of VAR adds to the experience, from their point of view the anticipation of the decision heightens the feeling and you'll celebrate or commiserate all the harder when it is announced :banghead:
Yeah a goal being awarded/disallowed is like one of those TV Shows like "Dancing on Ice" or whatever ? Who is safe and who is eliminated? You'll find out after the break.
Imagine the day, and I'm only half joking here, when the wait for VAR to decide is used for a quick Advert break. "Will the goal stand or not, you will find out after this quick message from our sponsors"
It is TV and TV demands drama, this is a result of allowing TV control the game, TV have given us Wembley finals for finishing outside the top two in your league so don't think the TV companies care about the integrity of the game..