VAR

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
IW8Goalmachine

Re: VAR

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:20 am
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:21 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:32 pm
Still happier with VAR than without it, and mainly because we're finally seeing penalties given against the likes of the Spuds and the Mancs and everyone is on a level playing field

I use Auba's goal at OT last season as a perfect example as why it needs to stay - absolute blatant cheating by the officials when Maguire had played him about 3 yards onside and he still tried to flag it. Personally I think VAR should be used further to demote officials found to consistently make awful mistakes - review the whole 90 minutes afterwards, because the bias towards 2 or 3 clubs has been allowed to continue unchallenged for too long.

Was a pleasure seeing Maureen throw his toys out of the pram last week. We had those sort of pens given against us without fucking VAR - Chambers at West Brom being the most blatant example of cheating I've seen in years. No hiding place for the cheats now!
Where was VAR for mane's elbow and Arnold's stamp?
Not used in the League Cup till the semis. Proves my point - if it had been it could have been reviewed and send the dirty wanker off
That happened in the league match last Monday night

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:34 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:20 am
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:21 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:32 pm
Still happier with VAR than without it, and mainly because we're finally seeing penalties given against the likes of the Spuds and the Mancs and everyone is on a level playing field

I use Auba's goal at OT last season as a perfect example as why it needs to stay - absolute blatant cheating by the officials when Maguire had played him about 3 yards onside and he still tried to flag it. Personally I think VAR should be used further to demote officials found to consistently make awful mistakes - review the whole 90 minutes afterwards, because the bias towards 2 or 3 clubs has been allowed to continue unchallenged for too long.

Was a pleasure seeing Maureen throw his toys out of the pram last week. We had those sort of pens given against us without fucking VAR - Chambers at West Brom being the most blatant example of cheating I've seen in years. No hiding place for the cheats now!
Where was VAR for mane's elbow and Arnold's stamp?
Not used in the League Cup till the semis. Proves my point - if it had been it could have been reviewed and send the dirty wanker off
That happened in the league match last Monday night
My mistake - the mind plays tricks. It does of course need the officials to act upon it. I'd like to see the whole 90 minutes reviewed afterwards and those officials who performed badly, demoted to the Championship. There needs to be consequences for shit performances - even more so when VAR is available as there's no excuse for "not seeing it"

There will always be some interpretation issues but I do think we will see more of a level playing field with it

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Another PL weekend and another clear demonstration of just how shit and not fit for purpose VAR is. :roll:

Bin it ffs. Give us back proper football.