VAR

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Jock Gooner

Re: VAR

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:22 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:13 pm
I read an article in the press yesterday by the guy behind VAR. cu.nt h

He basically said that Mike Riley is misinterpreting the use of VAR and that the "clear and obvious" principle means that an offside being checked should be clear and obviously wrong for it to be given and a goal ruled out. They apparently have never proposed the level of cun.tishness which Riley has applied to checking offisides with his graphs, dotted lines, slide rules, protractors etc. Funny that eh :roll:

They are going to re-issue a really thick guidelines dossier to the FAs probably in the hope that someone hits Riley over the head with it.
Hang the fuck on there buddy. Just let me get this right. Are you implying that Manchester Mike Really might be...... a bit of a cùnt? Well, I never! :shock:

:lol: :wink:

Now, you just hang on a minute there pal, I never implied he was a 'bit' of a cu.nt - how rude of you to add that to the sentence :lol:

If ever there was a boy who is 200% cu.nt then it's old Mike. A 'bit' of :roll: Really :lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:53 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:

He basically said that Mike Riley is misinterpreting the use of VAR and that the "clear and obvious" principle means that an offside being checked should be clear and obviously wrong for it to be given and a goal ruled out. They apparently have never proposed the level of cun.tishness which Riley has applied to checking offisides with his graphs, dotted lines, slide rules, protractors etc. Funny that eh :roll:

They are going to re-issue a really thick guidelines dossier to the FAs probably in the hope that someone hits Riley over the head with it.
Hang the fuck on there buddy. Just let me get this right. Are you implying that Manchester Mike Really might be...... a bit of a cùnt? Well, I never! :shock:

Now, you just hang on a minute there pal, I never implied he was a 'bit' of a cu.nt - how rude of you to add that to the sentence :lol:

If ever there was a boy who is 200% cu.nt then it's old Mike. A 'bit' of :roll: Really :lol: :lol:
:lol:

I can therefore only assume you are unfamiliar with the term "megacùnt"? A term, I believe, that was created to describe someone that had surpassed even the cuntiness of being an Ubercùnt. Someone like Manchester Mike. :D

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:04 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:

I can therefore only assume you are unfamiliar with the term "megacùnt"? A term, I believe, that was created to describe someone that had surpassed even the cuntiness of being an Ubercùnt. Someone like Manchester Mike. :D

You learn something new every day. I was unaware of the stage between ubercu.nt and snowflake :rubchin: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:12 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:

You learn something new every day. I was unaware of the stage between ubercu.nt and snowflake :rubchin: :lol:

Yep and it's an important stage too! :lol:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:18 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Effectively the PhD of Cuntishness :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:23 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:

Oof adding a student reference to it makes it seem even cuntier! :D

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:28 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

So the question has to be, how did society allow somebody with a PhD in being a cu.nt to enter football instead of following their natural career path to become a politician :?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:35 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:

So the question has to be, how did society allow somebody with a PhD in being a cu.nt to enter football instead of following their natural career path to become a politician :?
It's an intriguing question. But the similarity of Cuntishness between politicians and referees is so close its a toss of the coin as to which career these cùnts go for.

I'd add "peadophile" to that list too. 8)

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:40 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:35 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

It's an intriguing question. But the similarity of Cuntishness between politicians and referees is so close its a toss of the coin as to which career these cùnts go for.

I'd add "peadophile" to that list too. 8)

Glad we got all that cleared up :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

:barscarf: :lol:

Clash

Post by Clash »

Bradywasking wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:44 am
VAR DECISION..Sheffield United's goal tonight has been disallowed..
Brilliant :lol: :lol:

Redstar

Post by Redstar »

Would people be happy with a time cap on decisions? That seems to be what peeves most crowds at games off. I'm thinking 30 seconds max!

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Redstar wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:16 pm
Would people be happy with a time cap on decisions? That seems to be what peeves most crowds at games off. I'm thinking 30 seconds max!
Yes , that may work.. Think it was during the Villa Leicester game the other night that a check was ongoing for a few minutes while the ball was in play. In theory a goal could be scored at one end but disallowed because VAR decided that there was , or should have been, a penalty awarded at the other end three minutes prior.
Another nonsense happened last Sunday in the Cup game at Anfield. Origi had a shot saved by Pickford which went for a corner. Origi was offside so if he scored VAR would have ruled out the goal. Because Pickford made the save VAR couldn't interfere so the corner was given and if Liverpool had scored then the goal would have stood. Think in that situation, when a second scoring chance is created, the offside should be called by VAR.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Redstar wrote:
Might work.

For me the worst part is that it has ruined that burst of joy and excitement that you get when a goal is scored. You now have to wait anything from 1 minute to 5 minutes to see if the goal will be allowed or not. It's also killing the flow of the game and making it more like tedium ball or "rugby" as some of you call it - stop start stop start. :roll:

Personally I'd hand the power back to the referees. As bad as many are, VAR has not ruled out wrong decisions. At least with the refs the decision is quick and doesn't kill the flow of the game.

I'd give each manager one maybe two opportunities per half to "challenge" a refs decision through VAR. And that is all. Once they use those challenges that's it. You'd find that the managers would only request VAR for serious stuff like penalties or violent conduct / red cards.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:25 am
Redstar wrote:
Might work.

For me the worst part is that it has ruined that burst of joy and excitement that you get when a goal is scored. You now have to wait anything from 1 minute to 5 minutes to see if the goal will be allowed or not. It's also killing the flow of the game and making it more like tedium ball or "rugby" as some of you call it - stop start stop start. :roll:

Personally I'd hand the power back to the referees. As bad as many are, VAR has not ruled out wrong decisions. At least with the refs the decision is quick and doesn't kill the flow of the game.

I'd give each manager one maybe two opportunities per half to "challenge" a refs decision through VAR. And that is all. Once they use those challenges that's it. You'd find that the managers would only request VAR for serious stuff like penalties or violent conduct / red cards.
Yup...That's the One.

All the other Poxbollocks can go fuckk itself along with the cuntiestUberMegaCUNTS mike (I'm fergies gimp) riley and mike (I'm a po-faced paedo) dean...both of who are such cuntts they actually deserve to serve life in a Brazilian prison.