The Arsenal captain 2019/20

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Jock Gooner

Re: The Arsenal captain 2019/20

Post by Jock Gooner »

goonertux wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:20 am
So who takes over the armband? Obviously we need someone who is a leader, brave, puts his body on the line for the club, leads by example, drags the team up when conceding, and relates to the fans. Erm, er, hmmmm, anyone?!
It's a bit early maybe but just read this

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... liverpool/

Bodes well for the future

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:30 am
goonertux wrote:
So who takes over the armband? Obviously we need someone who is a leader, brave, puts his body on the line for the club, leads by example, drags the team up when conceding, and relates to the fans. Erm, er, hmmmm, anyone?!
It's a bit early maybe but just read this

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... liverpool/

Bodes well for the future
Might well be something there. Firstly, he has to play ahead of Kolasinac regularly, and I think we all agree that's a no-brainer!

Herd

Post by Herd »

g88ner wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:13 pm
Fucking social media. Every player probably gets excessive abuse and nutters wishing them harm. Surely Xakha realises they’re not the same people as those sat in the stadium booing him for not leaving the pitch quicker?

I think he’s only making the link to social media to play the victim card. I guess that’s easier than confronting the real reason the fans are frustrated by his performances :roll:
Excellent piece of PR work by Arsenals people here ,but I don't think Xhaka had much to do with it ,he's not clever enough that's for sure .
Rest assured that the club will also have been reaching out to various fans groups to get them off his back ,it will be interesting to see how it plays out
don't be surprised if red Action display a banner in support of him this weekend .
This is a master class performance of deflection and spin ,flipping Xhaka from Villain to Victim in one easy stroke !
No one condones the sort of abuse he gets on twatter n Instagram but there's a whole world of looney tunes out there 99 pct of them, have probably never been to a game or who probably are not Arsenal fans ,but the link is so very clever it could win the coveted 89 award at this years Scouse awards !
Hell I remember having at least 4 accounts on various thfc sites and having all sorts of fun with them about 20 years ago trolling like a goodun gave me hours of fun.
In any case Dick isn't going to drop him or strip him of the Captaincy and the club are behind him on this one too ! and
I doubt if the fans will give him such a hard time tomorrow because no one wants to look like a bully do they ?
If you look at the text he doesn't actually apologise either, I love to see professionals at work .
If we had Players as skillful as the PR mob we would be Champions in no time !

augie

Post by augie »

goonertux wrote:

To me sokratis is the ONLY option - he isn't having a great season in comparison to last season, but he is a warrior that will put his body on the line and the best man for the job imo

augie

Post by augie »

Herd wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:38 pm
g88ner wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:13 pm
Fucking social media. Every player probably gets excessive abuse and nutters wishing them harm. Surely Xakha realises they’re not the same people as those sat in the stadium booing him for not leaving the pitch quicker?

I think he’s only making the link to social media to play the victim card. I guess that’s easier than confronting the real reason the fans are frustrated by his performances :roll:
Excellent piece of PR work by Arsenals people here ,but I don't think Xhaka had much to do with it ,he's not clever enough that's for sure .
Rest assured that the club will also have been reaching out to various fans groups to get them off his back ,it will be interesting to see how it plays out
don't be surprised if red Action display a banner in support of him this weekend .
This is a master class performance of deflection and spin ,flipping Xhaka from Villain to Victim in one easy stroke !
No one condones the sort of abuse he gets on twatter n Instagram but there's a whole world of looney tunes out there 99 pct of them, have probably never been to a game or who probably are not Arsenal fans ,but the link is so very clever it could win the coveted 89 award at this years Scouse awards !
Hell I remember having at least 4 accounts on various thfc sites and having all sorts of fun with them about 20 years ago trolling like a goodun gave me hours of fun.
In any case Dick isn't going to drop him or strip him of the Captaincy and the club are behind him on this one too ! and
I doubt if the fans will give him such a hard time tomorrow because no one wants to look like a bully do they ?
If you look at the text he doesn't actually apologise either, I love to see professionals at work .
If we had Players as skillful as the PR mob we would be Champions in no time !

Are these fcukers still on the go ? Most shameful shower of c.unts ever to claim to represent us Gooners - the way they sucked the clubs cock and protested against usmanov when he was trying to buy the club, showed up exactly who is pulling their strings and what their priorities are :censored:

Dunno if the squad is announced yet but I dont expect xhaka to be in it - there will be comments about still being traumatised and wanting to be close to his family at this time, and they will then wheel him out at the next away game where he wont have such a big Arsenal crowd to fear. A few hundred/thousand Gooners wont make as much noise IF they boo him, and then when he lines up for his next home game, the ice will already have been broken

I said yesterday that this was a big test of the manager and the people running the club, but it is also a big test of the fans - if they roll over and play dead (either by cheering him or not booing him) then the club and players will know that we are there to have our belly tickled and they have nothing to fear, and we will quickly be back to where we were with wenger for years where we didn't oppose him cos it wasn't the right thing to do :roll:
Any fan that criticises emery for playing xhaka again doesnt have any legs to stand on if they dont boo him imo - it is hypocritical to expect the manager to stand up and not accept xhaka's behaviour, if we the fans cant stand up for ourselves :oops: :oops:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

So the cowardly CU NT wont be playing on Saturday!
What price on one of his buddies in the squad should he score revealing a t-shirt offering support to the swiss turd?

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

goonersid wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:16 pm
What price on one of his buddies in the squad should he score revealing a t-shirt offering support to the swiss turd?
If that happens I suggest a full pitch invasion, tear it off him and burn it in the centre circle.

augie

Post by augie »

goonersid wrote:

No shock there though sid - in an era where everything is stage managed, there was no way the club were going to risk exposing him to a hostile atmosphere before testing the water at an away game

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

augie wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:59 pm
goonersid wrote:

No shock there though sid - in an era where everything is stage managed, there was no way the club were going to risk exposing him to a hostile atmosphere before testing the water at an away game
Augie tbh I dont think he’ll play again :barscarf:
He’s probably sitting at home checking his popularity in social media, the useless prick!

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

What sort of captain can’t play because being booed has put him in the wrong frame of mind to play? :roll:

Another reason he shouldn’t be captain. No bottle. Ffs front up and get on with it man!

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

augie wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:38 pm
goonertux wrote:

To me sokratis is the ONLY option - he isn't having a great season in comparison to last season, but he is a warrior that will put his body on the line and the best man for the job imo
Jesus that would turn Sokratis into even more of a headless plonker than he already is. Xhaka is a bang average player who should not be in the team let alone captain. Emery is an idiot for playing him. Sokratis shouldn’t be there either. I’d give it to Guendouzi. Not the finished article by any means but has drive and presence on the pitch. Mind you the options are very limited.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Nice to see the media asking Guardiola for his opinion......and him openly giving it. Err.......what the fuck has it got to do with you mate?

The fact that Sokratis or Gunedouzi are the two best options we can come up with, shows what an absolute fucking mess we are from a leadership perspective......but agree that they are the only 2 credible options. The trendy beards amongst the fanbase are suggesting Bellerin :D :D :D

augie

Post by augie »

I lauded guendouzi long before most on here, but lets be fair lads, there is no way he is anywhere near ready to be a captain of any club much less a club of our stature. Lets allow him to continue his development without the added pressure of captaining a poisonous squad and a club in real turmoil

Herd

Post by Herd »

Well from a pure cynics view having him not play is great,just hope he puts Torreira in front of the back 3 or 5 and since everyone else now feels the prodigal son has returned to lead us unto Israel let the great and wonderful wizard of arse Ozil loose with Danny n Dozy . Treble artisan gin and flavoured tonics all round !

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Guendouzi doesn’t need the captaincy - would be madness. And whilst I like Sokratis’ policy of kicking the shit out of Harry Kane whenever he comes within 30 feet of him, he has been quite frightening this season and truth be told he might need to be put out to pasture before it ends.

Looking at guaranteed starters who have been here before this summer, you’re basically left with Leno, Bellerin, Lacazette or Aubameyang. He isn’t captaincy material by some stretch, but I would probably give it to Lacazette out of that lot.