The Arsenal captain 2019/20

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
nut flush gooner

Re: The Arsenal captain 2019/20

Post by nut flush gooner »

goonersid wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:47 am
augie wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:33 am
If the pri.ck doesn't see the need to apologise then he is done - it doesn't matter whether he regrets his actions or not, he needs to be seen to be apologising at least :roll:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... all-emery/

Of course from my own point of view it doesnt matter if he apologises or not cos he is finished either way, but there are a lot of fans who defended him on the basis of he shouldn't have been booed, so he should at least apologise to them
I can’t see any way back for him, his selection (if picked) for the next lge game will be greeted with boos😎and he will be offloaded in January!
Although I fully expect Emery to drop him and bring him back after his paternity leave, in the hope we will have forgotten the whole incident!
Thing is I doubt that Emery will still be here!
He’s 12/1 for next manager to leave his post! My 25/1 is beginning to look good value
Silva and Hassenhutl are hot favs to be sacked in that market. With Emery’s price coming in you could lay off your bet on betfair exchange for a guaranteed profit regardless of what happens. I just don’t see Arsenal sacking him mid season.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Mirror are reporting that three senior Arsenal players visited Xhaka at his home on Sunday night to offer support to him...They also report that Xhaka had left the stadium before the final whistle.
If the story about three senior players visiting Xhaka in his home is true then we are truly fucked beyond anything imaginable before. This is modern football bollix thread stuff. I'm all for solidarity with teammates but Xhaka is useless and was out of order on Sunday...

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Bradywasking wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:21 pm
Mirror are reporting that three senior Arsenal players visited Xhaka at his home on Sunday night to offer support to him...They also report that Xhaka had left the stadium before the final whistle.
If the story about three senior players visiting Xhaka in his home is true then we are truly fucked beyond anything imaginable before. This is modern football bollix thread stuff. I'm all for solidarity with teammates but Xhaka is useless and was out of order on Sunday...
By the same token, Laca is alleged to have liked a post asking Emery and Xhaka to leave the club.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:44 pm
Bradywasking wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:21 pm

By the same token, Laca is alleged to have liked a post asking Emery and Xhaka to leave the club.
All these stories come with a health warning. Anonymous sources and insiders can me purely made up .

General

Post by General »

The timing of Xhaka’s substitution showed poor judgement on Emery’s part. He effectively fed him to the wolves at a time when the game was evenly balanced and the fans were getting tetchy. He doesn’t deserve a starting berth left alone the captaincy and it was Emery who decided to go against conventional wisdom. Instead of taking off the totally infective Ceballos who had played 45mins in the Europa, he decided to hook his captain and create this rather unnecessary situation. I’m willing to give him until the end of the season but the manager is making fundamental mistakes that you would not expect from someone in his second season.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Excellent news......keep digging son, keep digging.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... ofile-pic/

This and no apology - what a bas.tard :lol:

Midz

Post by Midz »

Fucking leave in January you wanker!!!

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:40 pm

Not sure how he can come back from this.....what a shame. 8)

Best thing now is if the team can improve their performance without this oaf being the opposition’s twelfth man. It would make it even harder for Dick to reinstate his favourite boy.

cardinal2011

Post by cardinal2011 »

If you would have told me 2 years ago that we would be booing our own captain off the pitch then I would never have believed it. I would have been disgusted.

However times change and I just chuckled when I heard it. My first instinct was 'good, maybe now the pampered pricks may finally clock on to how fucked off we are with all of them'.

I have no doubt that the crowd reaction is not aimed solely at Xhaka but also Emery, Wiggy and every other lily livered, prima donna in that team. However if it makes the players finally wake up and realise that they will no longer have an easy ride then great. If they now realise that they will have to be accountable for their performances or actually face consequences then so be it. If it makes then fear the fans reaction at another end of season humiliating 'lap of appreciation' then great.

Just imagine what would have happened to a player in Turkey, Italy or South America who did that!!! I bet you the other players would not have rushed round to that players house for a losers love in!! They would be distancing themselves from the c*unt big style for fear of being next!!!. I am tempted to see if I can get a bet on our bunch of players doing a sickening 'solidarity' act either tomorrow or Saturday. Expect to see them warming up in t-shirts saying "Stronger Together" or "In Xhaka we trust" :banghead:

Unfortunately it is my young lads birthday on Saturday and he still wants to go to the Wolves game (I would rather be down the club and hopefully being as pissed as a lord after the rugby final). However it could get interesting if things start going wrong!!

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

I rarely post on here anymore. Not anything to do with anyone here, more of a general meh at how poor we continue to be.

“Xhaka receives counselling for playing 6 leagues above where he deserves” makes me sick.

Clash

Post by Clash »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:24 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:

Best thing now is if the team can improve their performance without this oaf being the opposition’s twelfth man. It would make it even harder for Dick to reinstate his favourite boy.
:lol: Xhaka was certainly Wolves 12th man last season Retro. They will be gutted if he doesn’t feature against them (or should we say for them) this Saturday :roll:

And if Xhaka is dropped and subsequently leaves ... then it shows that booing can pay off sometimes. It’s not nice, just as protesting against a once successful and once popular manager wasn’t nice ... but it becomes necessary when the people responsible for continuously selecting or employing them when they’re not performing, do not do their jobs properly!

Clash

Post by Clash »

cardinal2011 wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:19 pm
If you would have told me 2 years ago that we would be booing our own captain off the pitch then I would never have believed it. I would have been disgusted.

However times change and I just chuckled when I heard it. My first instinct was 'good, maybe now the pampered pricks may finally clock on to how fucked off we are with all of them'.

I have no doubt that the crowd reaction is not aimed solely at Xhaka but also Emery, Wiggy and every other lily livered, prima donna in that team. However if it makes the players finally wake up and realise that they will no longer have an easy ride then great. If they now realise that they will have to be accountable for their performances or actually face consequences then so be it. If it makes then fear the fans reaction at another end of season humiliating 'lap of appreciation' then great.

Just imagine what would have happened to a player in Turkey, Italy or South America who did that!!! I bet you the other players would not have rushed round to that players house for a losers love in!! They would be distancing themselves from the c*unt big style for fear of being next!!!. I am tempted to see if I can get a bet on our bunch of players doing a sickening 'solidarity' act either tomorrow or Saturday. Expect to see them warming up in t-shirts saying "Stronger Together" or "In Xhaka we trust" :banghead:

Unfortunately it is my young lads birthday on Saturday and he still wants to go to the Wolves game (I would rather be down the club and hopefully being as pissed as a lord after the rugby final). However it could get interesting if things start going wrong!!
Fine post. Well written and you make some great points mate.

Zanatos3

Post by Zanatos3 »

ESPN FC
HEADLINE: Arsenal don't need a thin-skinned player like Granit Xhaka - Craig Burley | Premier League

LINK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ4fW3ftOas

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Clash wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:17 am
Retro Gunner wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:24 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:

:lol: Xhaka was certainly Wolves 12th man last season Retro. They will be gutted if he doesn’t feature against them (or should we say for them) this Saturday :roll:

And if Xhaka is dropped and subsequently leaves ... then it shows that booing can pay off sometimes. It’s not nice, just as protesting against a once successful and once popular manager wasn’t nice ... but it becomes necessary when the people responsible for continuously selecting or employing them when they’re not performing, do not do their jobs properly!
Well said Clash...bang on !!

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Aparently he is to be offered counselling, as he is ‘devastated, very sad and thinks the fans don’t like him! :lol:
Pity they couldn’t offer him football lessons!