The Arsenal captain 2019/20

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Clash

Re: The Arsenal captain 2019/20

Post by Clash »

I wonder, was Gilberto back in 2007 the last respectable captain we've had?

Gallas was a prick, threw a tantrum on the pitch and then later played for the SCUM. Never an Arsenal man!

Fabregas effectively went on strike to force a move ... and then later player for the CHAVS!

Van Judas Persie issued a public statement requesting to leave and we all know where he went!

Koscielny - weak-minded and flakey prick of the highest order who also went on strike to get his transfer - this after having accepted his full salary for yet another lengthy injury for most of the previous season!

Xhaka - useless piece of shit cupped his ear and told the fans to fuck off

We have a list of captains from the past we can be proud of. But it aint none of that lot! :censored:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Clash wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:03 pm

Gallas was a prick, threw a tantrum on the pitch and then later played for the SCUM. Never an Arsenal man!

Fabregas effectively went on strike to force a move ... and then later player for the CHAVS!

Van Judas Persie issued a public statement requesting to leave and we all know where he went!

Koscielny - weak-minded and flakey prick of the highest order who also went on strike to get his transfer - this after having accepted his full salary for yet another lengthy injury for most of the previous season!

We have a list of captains from the past we can be proud of. But it aint none of that lot! :censored:
It truly is a sad indicment AND a True Barometer of where our Club is at. :( :suicide:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Clash wrote:

Agreed. 8)

The current one has to go. 100% has to go. At the very least he has to have the armband taken off him. :censored:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:17 am
Clash wrote:

Agreed. 8)

The current one has to go. 100% has to go. At the very least he has to have the armband taken off him. :censored:
I honestly think he was given the armband to justify his selection. Whatever reason for Torriera not starting games Emery may throw out doesn't convince me that it's not a personal matter between Emery and Torriera.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:28 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:17 am
Clash wrote:

Agreed. 8)

I honestly think he was given the armband to justify his selection. Whatever reason for Torriera not starting games Emery may throw out doesn't convince me that it's not a personal matter between Emery and Torriera.
Someone said over the weekend that the way Dick treats Torreira and Ozil makes it seem like he is very willing to cut off his own nose to spite his face. Worrying. :|

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

The Arsenal Way wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:30 am
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:00 am
Tbh I only watched a few minutes of the game yesterday, we are just shit to watch and I am not wasting my time on a Sunday when I could be out walking the dog and then off to a lovely country pub.

So I haven't seen the xhaka incident but tbf he, as captain perfectly sums up our club at the moment, a giant fuckin joke.

My love for football started evaporating when the chav pricks started buying leagues and a cl afforded to them by some dodgy Russian gangster.

Then the no mark Manc club started to do the same and player prices started to shoot into the outer hemisphere.

Now with this TV money player wages are disgusting and very average players are multi millionaires.

And just when you thought it would be hard pressed to take football to an even lower level along comes the gift of VAR :lol:

I missed our two goals but saw their penalty when the ref was overruled, we all know saha dives but this won't be his last so we need to deal with it but I felt sorry for the ref who got it right initially.

I haven't seen our disallowed goal but understand from previous posts it was a shocker of a decision.

These two VAR decisions aside (And other teams have had shockers against them also), the real damage it is doing to football is the sponteanious celebrations, what do you do, wait to celebrate a few minutes after the goal is scored, it's ludicrous.

Obviously before VAR some celebrations were curtailed by a late call by the linesman but this was very quick and tbf you only have to glance quickly at the lino when the goal is scored before carrying on going mental.

Anyhow apart from all this football is all dandy.

I hear ya mate, but don't lose heart just yet. There is so much more to look forward to.

You could at least wait for the FA to rule that it is mandatory to have a woman in every teams starting eleven.
Canned applause at matches, that is going to be amazing.
Live TV interaction, where you get to vote for the substitutions.
Ads shown each time the ball goes out of play.
RFID chips to replace season tickets. :D
Only alcohol free beer served.
Compulsory hugs for the day trippers sitting either side of you, and selfies to prove that you participated in that part of the match day experience.
Celebrating a goal by holding hands and singing Kumbaya.

The possibilities are endless.
:D
*Obligatory emoji for the snowflakes who feel triggered by my post.
:lol:

I like it, the voting for substitutes is a novel idea, can we also vote which player has had a stinker and said player is put in the stocks and a lucky section of the crowd (as chosen by Ty who sits on a throne in the middle of the pitch, takes a sip from his Arsenal travel cup and spits the drink in the direction of the winners) gets to throw* rancid fruit at, I'm assuming Xhaka.

* women in the winners section are allowed to throw from 3 yards as opposed to men who throw from 50 yards.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

The Arsenal Way wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:30 am
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:00 am
Tbh I only watched a few minutes of the game yesterday, we are just shit to watch and I am not wasting my time on a Sunday when I could be out walking the dog and then off to a lovely country pub.

So I haven't seen the xhaka incident but tbf he, as captain perfectly sums up our club at the moment, a giant fuckin joke.

My love for football started evaporating when the chav pricks started buying leagues and a cl afforded to them by some dodgy Russian gangster.

Then the no mark Manc club started to do the same and player prices started to shoot into the outer hemisphere.

Now with this TV money player wages are disgusting and very average players are multi millionaires.

And just when you thought it would be hard pressed to take football to an even lower level along comes the gift of VAR :lol:

I missed our two goals but saw their penalty when the ref was overruled, we all know saha dives but this won't be his last so we need to deal with it but I felt sorry for the ref who got it right initially.

I haven't seen our disallowed goal but understand from previous posts it was a shocker of a decision.

These two VAR decisions aside (And other teams have had shockers against them also), the real damage it is doing to football is the sponteanious celebrations, what do you do, wait to celebrate a few minutes after the goal is scored, it's ludicrous.

Obviously before VAR some celebrations were curtailed by a late call by the linesman but this was very quick and tbf you only have to glance quickly at the lino when the goal is scored before carrying on going mental.

Anyhow apart from all this football is all dandy.

I hear ya mate, but don't lose heart just yet. There is so much more to look forward to.

You could at least wait for the FA to rule that it is mandatory to have a woman in every teams starting eleven.
Canned applause at matches, that is going to be amazing.
Live TV interaction, where you get to vote for the substitutions.
Ads shown each time the ball goes out of play.
RFID chips to replace season tickets. :D
Only alcohol free beer served.
Compulsory hugs for the day trippers sitting either side of you, and selfies to prove that you participated in that part of the match day experience.
Celebrating a goal by holding hands and singing Kumbaya.

The possibilities are endless.
:D
*Obligatory emoji for the snowflakes who feel triggered by my post.
What next sitting in your seat wearing Arsenal dressing gowns, sucking out of your Arsenal travel mug and eating bags of carrots....

augie

Post by augie »

If the pri.ck doesn't see the need to apologise then he is done - it doesn't matter whether he regrets his actions or not, he needs to be seen to be apologising at least :roll:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... all-emery/

Of course from my own point of view it doesnt matter if he apologises or not cos he is finished either way, but there are a lot of fans who defended him on the basis of he shouldn't have been booed, so he should at least apologise to them

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

augie wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:33 am
If the pri.ck doesn't see the need to apologise then he is done - it doesn't matter whether he regrets his actions or not, he needs to be seen to be apologising at least :roll:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... all-emery/

Of course from my own point of view it doesnt matter if he apologises or not cos he is finished either way, but there are a lot of fans who defended him on the basis of he shouldn't have been booed, so he should at least apologise to them
I can’t see any way back for him, his selection (if picked) for the next lge game will be greeted with boos😎and he will be offloaded in January!
Although I fully expect Emery to drop him and bring him back after his paternity leave, in the hope we will have forgotten the whole incident!
Thing is I doubt that Emery will still be here!
He’s 12/1 for next manager to leave his post! My 25/1 is beginning to look good value

augie

Post by augie »

And if the players think that they can behave this way, then fcuk them out too

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... captaincy/

If any player feels that strongly, let him stand up and say it loudly instead of hiding amongst a group - if there is open defiance within the squad, then regardless of emery's position/control the board need to step up and lay down a marker for those players, telling them that they play for AFC not xhaka fc.
Make no mistake, if there is an angry backlash from the squad over this, then this club will be at a serious crossroads of which it has never been at before - yes we had a similar situation when wrighty forced rioch out, but back then we had a squad that had a lot of proven winners that had established credibility within the club - these c.unts have zero credibility imo and have only proven themselves to be weak as pish bottlers with a soft underbelly. There are players I like within that squad, but make no mistake, there is not one player that I like enough to put his feelings above that of the club - if players want to down tools then fine them, suspend them and then sell them and all in that order cos no player is bigger than the club

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

As Wrighty was saying minumum he should do is apologise to the fans, not even big enough to do that.....no wonder hes frightened of Watford

Get shot of the fucker as soon as....hes a shit player anyway

Have to build a whole new culture throughout the club

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Can't believe the club haven't pushed him into an apology yet. The longer it takes the worse it gets and it's not as if Xhaka has any credit in the bank anyway. Finally :lol:

Midz

Post by Midz »

I care not if he apologises I just want him to fuck off.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Xhaka has removed his picture with the Arsenal captains armband and replaced it with one of him in a Swiss top on Instagram.

Looks like he's been stripped of the captaincy and Emery is covering up for him. Still no sign of an apology, he's clearly told Emery to fuck off as well.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

augie wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:52 am
And if the players think that they can behave this way, then fcuk them out too

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... captaincy/

If any player feels that strongly, let him stand up and say it loudly instead of hiding amongst a group - if there is open defiance within the squad, then regardless of emery's position/control the board need to step up and lay down a marker for those players, telling them that they play for AFC not xhaka fc.
Make no mistake, if there is an angry backlash from the squad over this, then this club will be at a serious crossroads of which it has never been at before - yes we had a similar situation when wrighty forced rioch out, but back then we had a squad that had a lot of proven winners that had established credibility within the club - these c.unts have zero credibility imo and have only proven themselves to be weak as pish bottlers with a soft underbelly. There are players I like within that squad, but make no mistake, there is not one player that I like enough to put his feelings above that of the club - if players want to down tools then fine them, suspend them and then sell them and all in that order cos no player is bigger than the club
Whoever had their feeling hurt by us "fickle" supporters can fuck off and find a new club