The Arsenal captain 2019/20

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Retro Gunner

Re: The Arsenal captain 2019/20

Post by Retro Gunner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:27 pm
From Switzerland: Xhaka will leave #AFC in January to join AC Milan despite his recent quotes where he commited his future to the Londoners. He already started house hunting in Milano.
https://t.co/N8yQvA9cHM

Poor bastards ! :lol: :lol: Hope this is true.

Another great club who have been struggling in recent years. Currently 14th and only 4 points off the drop zone. Sign this hopeless and hapless duffer and then put him in the side and they'll definitely be fighting relegation ! :lol: :lol:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Btw, talking about Serie A, some on here, especially DB10, will remember that I was no fan of Aaron Ramsey. Could never understand the myth surrounding the bloke and without listing all the negatives about him, found him below average at best. Typical second wave Wenger player, made sure he was one of the bosses good boys and was therefore guaranteed a place regardless.

Also a media favourite...the myth was a result of one good 3 months and a horror leg break....and we'd have found some mug to pay 50 million for him, if we'd sold him a couple of years before his contract was up. Amidst all the supporters' angst when he walked in the Summer (the Club has no excuse for allowing another contract to run down), I said on here that the Italians would quickly work out what they'd got and that he'd soon be keeping the bench warm. Exactly what's happening. Come the end of the season, they'll be tearing their hair out that they're paying this bloke 400,000 a week to sit on his arse and probably won't be able to move him on.

I'd usually put a laughing emoji in here, but as Juve have always been the Italian team that I follow, it's not funny. :( :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:13 pm
Btw, talking about Serie A, some on here, especially DB10, will remember that I was no fan of Aaron Ramsey. Could never understand the myth surrounding the bloke and without listing all the negatives about him, found him below average at best. Typical second wave Wenger player, made sure he was one of the bosses good boys and was therefore guaranteed a place regardless.

Also a media favourite...the myth was a result of one good 3 months and a horror leg break....and we'd have found some mug to pay 50 million for him, if we'd sold him a couple of years before his contract was up. Amidst all the supporters' angst when he walked in the Summer (the Club has no excuse for allowing another contract to run down), I said on here that the Italians would quickly work out what they'd got and that he'd soon be keeping the bench warm. Exactly what's happening. Come the end of the season, they'll be tearing their hair out that they're paying this bloke 400,000 a week to sit on his arse and probably won't be able to move him on.

I'd usually put a laughing emoji in here, but as Juve have always been the Italian team that I follow, it's not funny. :( :wink:

As we are also seeing with rabiot, juve have no concerns about signing all these players on freebies with the knowledge that they will be able to sell them on for cash after one season if things don't work out. Some will point out that these players will have got huge signing on fee's so the transfer fee juve get wont result in big profits, but these signing on fee's are usually spread out over the duration of the players contract, so if they leave early they will have to sacrifice some signing on money

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:15 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:05 am
Xhaka answering questions

“Yes, that's right. Some of my teammates came to see me and I thought that was great,” Xhaka said.

“They encouraged me to not let it get me down.

“And above all they pointed out how many Arsenal fans around the world didn’t like the way the fans reacted in the stadium and condemned it.”
Ah you've got to love him don't ya. Just make it up to suit your own version of events. If there was even the slightest bit of doubt in my mind it's gone now. This pri.ck should never wear the shirt again and I look forward to booing the cu.nt again if he ever returns.

I'm obviously concerned that my booing of the ex captain fantastic has upset our fans in Singapore, Vietnam, Australia, Hong Kong and wherever the fu.ck else we've managed to pick up some fans in the last few years. How rude of me to forget our global fanbase who so regularly trot along to the bowl to support the club. I exclude Highbury from the statement because most of them will never have heard of it :roll:
Top post Jock, my sentiments exactly

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Paddy V has lost a bit of my respect after this shite

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... al-respect

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:28 am

Yeah read that this morning, so if PV comes in as a manager in January say, then he will keep xhaka and probably reinstate his captaincy.

Send in the clowns :roll: :lol:

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:52 am
IW8Goalmachine wrote:

Yeah read that this morning, so if PV comes in as a manager in January say, then he will keep xhaka and probably reinstate his captaincy.

Don't bother, they're here

:D

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

So Paddy say's chuck him out and Emery with him and by the way I want the job .
Surefire way to get knocked off the prospective list.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

The Arsenal Way wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:57 am
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:52 am
IW8Goalmachine wrote:

Don't bother, they're here

:D
:lol:

Just watched the joker and tbf I understood him more than I do emery :lol:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

What an absolute cock up Emery made of this captain issue.....fucking ridiculous mess of his own making

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

So this useless cowardly bastard might be available this weekend :roll:
Holy fuck, he isn’t recovering from an injury!
Yet the bungling, incompetent, weak, Emery, says we will make a decision on Friday!
What a fucking comedy!
I really hope he comes back, it will be hilarious if he’s having a stinker ( which is very likely)
Will Dicko have the balls to sub him? or let him remain on the pitch to face unprecedented abuse from the fans?
Imagine we are losing to soton! What a fucking scenario we have to look forward to!

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

I can't believe that it's even being considered

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:53 pm
It's ridiculous isn't it :cry: then again our once great club is ridiculous these days :oops:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:53 pm
Unfortunately i can, it just cements how i feel about this Coach, he is just another egotistical arse. The fact he is even considering bringing him back into the team says it all. A usual punishment for Xhaka's actions would be relegation to the under 23's but i wouldn't wish that on them, maybe send him to the womans team instead :rubchin:

Make or break game this weekend, or at least it should be but i have a feeling both of them will still be here come Monday :roll: