The Arsenal captain 2019/20

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
goonersid

Re: The Arsenal captain 2019/20

Post by goonersid »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:54 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:46 pm
Emery: I have spoken to Granit and he is no longer one of the captains in the group #Arsenal

Arsenal have stripped Granit Xhaka of the captaincy, manager Unai Emery has confirmed.

Emery told Xhaka this morning. https://t.co/QNprrSjaZM
So unlike most of the comments on here assuming what he was going to do, he's actually showed more balls in responding to one incident than the previous yellow streaked windbag did in a decade
Bollocks! More like “no honour amongst thieves” Emery sacrafices HIS captain in a last ditch attempt at credibility!
He wil still be as useless a fucking idiot manager this morning as he was last night!
Fuck the both of them!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

El Reenghole (thanks Falkirk :D ) has botched this from the off. Letting the players pick a captain based on popularity was weak. Taking over a week to shitcan the captaincy off the moron was weak and indecisive and reeks of someone higher up telling Dick what to do. He was presented with an opportunity to be seen to be strong and decisive but instead it's made him look worse.

SteveO for me comparing it to what stupidity Wenger did or didn't do is bypassing the point a bit. Also, agreed he has to use Torreira and Guendouzi as holding midfielders.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

This has been a clusterFuck from when it began...

Had captain catastrophe apologised as in a Properly worded contrite apology before the camera's, regardless of how shye a player he has been and will forever be, he could have come back and even regained or retained the captaincy, THAT is how much emery rates him; for some weird ungraspable reason.

It got to the point where where the club 'knew' he wasn't going to apologise in the way that was needed,; his self pitying effort at being the Victim and inferring it was all the fans fault for his tantrum was as much as they and we Gooners were going to get, so someone with a bit of sense told emery that he was done and that he had to cut him loose.

So as much as the media are saying 'xhaka has been stripped of his captaincy, he more or less (literally) threw it away...and good riddance to the tossbag … now emery has simply put another nail in his managerial coffin by waiting this long to act and now saying he doesn't know when / if xhaka may feature again …. that ship has sailed and soon so will emery's he is not the manager manyed he would be after the pain and torture of wenger.

Even now whilst we are all :high5: saying Good he's no longer captain … this has all been stage managed to ensure the least amount of profit is lost from fans still attending and buying everything and anything that is Arsenal FC Ltd.

Sad :(

but alas True. :( :( :(

ps: fuckOFF xhakawanka yer cuntbag.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

goonersid wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:03 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:54 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:46 pm
Emery: I have spoken to Granit and he is no longer one of the captains in the group #Arsenal

Arsenal have stripped Granit Xhaka of the captaincy, manager Unai Emery has confirmed.

Emery told Xhaka this morning. https://t.co/QNprrSjaZM
So unlike most of the comments on here assuming what he was going to do, he's actually showed more balls in responding to one incident than the previous yellow streaked windbag did in a decade
Bollocks! More like “no honour amongst thieves” Emery sacrafices HIS captain in a last ditch attempt at credibility!
He wil still be as useless a fucking idiot manager this morning as he was last night!
Fuck the both of them!
Who is your choice of future manager and captain then O Wise One ?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Everyone knows Sid want's wenger to return. :D :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:41 pm
Well he's not English so its possible :D

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:21 am
El Reenghole (thanks Falkirk :D ) has botched this from the off. Letting the players pick a captain based on popularity was weak. Taking over a week to shitcan the captaincy off the moron was weak and indecisive and reeks of someone higher up telling Dick what to do. He was presented with an opportunity to be seen to be strong and decisive but instead it's made him look worse.

SteveO for me comparing it to what stupidity Wenger did or didn't do is bypassing the point a bit. Also, agreed he has to use Torreira and Guendouzi as holding midfielders.
Just ever so slightly bypasssing the point - let's compare what the failing one did against what the previous fu.ckwit did - that's not going to get you anywhere sensible.

I have a strong suspicion that Torreira isn't good enought to play the holding role in the PL and I'm 100% certain that Guendouzi is not disciplined enough to play it. With our CB issues we are going to remain wide open until we invest in a proper DM and CB. Whatever Pepe does or doesn't do in the longer term, we should have used that money / HP commitment to buy players we badly need to start to balance the side.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:40 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

Just ever so slightly bypasssing the point - let's compare what the failing one did against what the previous fu.ckwit did - that's not going to get you anywhere sensible.

I have a strong suspicion that Torreira isn't good enought to play the holding role in the PL and I'm 100% certain that Guendouzi is not disciplined enough to play it. With our CB issues we are going to remain wide open until we invest in a proper DM and CB. Whatever Pepe does or doesn't do in the longer term, we should have used that money / HP commitment to buy players we badly need to start to balance the side.
My original point of course, was that we had people getting all uppity on here that Emery had put Xhaka straight back into the squad for today's game, shouting out "typical" and accusing him of lacking bottle.......all on the back of a piece of shit in the Sun which showed the bloke smiling in training. If you're going to accuse the bloke of lacking bottle for something you thought he was about to do......and were then proved exactly wrong when he did the opposite (and actually stripped him of the captaincy), you might expect some humility to admit you were wrong on that point. However, lets ignore what was said to start with and find some other fault to suit the blind hatred - much more rational and sensible that

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:52 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

My original point of course, was that we had people getting all uppity on here that Emery had put Xhaka straight back into the squad for today's game, shouting out "typical" and accusing him of lacking bottle.......all on the back of a piece of shit in the Sun which showed the bloke smiling in training. If you're going to accuse the bloke of lacking bottle for something you thought he was about to do......and were then proved exactly wrong when he did the opposite (and actually stripped him of the captaincy), you might expect some humility to admit you were wrong on that point. However, lets ignore what was said to start with and find some other fault to suit the blind hatred - much more rational and sensible that
That's your original point, fair enough. I am not one of those who got uppity about Emery as I have no expectations of him now whatsoever. I don't care what he does anymore. Whether he did the right thing of stripping Xhaka of the captaincy or not is of no interest to me. I have a suspicion that Dick spoke to Xhaka first to see if there was any way he would apologise properly to see if he could keep him as the captain - after a carefully stage managed period of absence to reflect on his actions of course. But Xhaka probably told him to forget it and therefore Dick was left with no choice but to bin him. But these are just a set of circumstances involving two people who it turns out shouldn't be at the Arsenal so I really struggle to give two shits about it. It's a storm in a teacup really if we are honest about it.

Blind hatred - I don't think that represents the average attitude that has been displayed towards Dick on here. The posts that I have read have tended to be more along the lines of regret that he didn't work out rather than anything malicious. There are one or two who have voiced their frustrations a bit more vehemently but nothing that I would classify as being completely over the top or blind hatred.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:07 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:41 pm
Well he's not English so its possible :D

:shock: :shock: :shock:

WHAT!!!!???

Wenger's Not English!!??? :?

augie

Post by augie »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:35 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:52 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

That's your original point, fair enough. I am not one of those who got uppity about Emery as I have no expectations of him now whatsoever. I don't care what he does anymore. Whether he did the right thing of stripping Xhaka of the captaincy or not is of no interest to me. I have a suspicion that Dick spoke to Xhaka first to see if there was any way he would apologise properly to see if he could keep him as the captain - after a carefully stage managed period of absence to reflect on his actions of course. But Xhaka probably told him to forget it and therefore Dick was left with no choice but to bin him. But these are just a set of circumstances involving two people who it turns out shouldn't be at the Arsenal so I really struggle to give two shits about it. It's a storm in a teacup really if we are honest about it.

Blind hatred - I don't think that represents the average attitude that has been displayed towards Dick on here. The posts that I have read have tended to be more along the lines of regret that he didn't work out rather than anything malicious. There are one or two who have voiced their frustrations a bit more vehemently but nothing that I would classify as being completely over the top or blind hatred.

Talking about some piece of shit from the sun newspaper, feast your eyes on this piece of shit

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... n-manager/

It is a scandalous piece of journalism and funnily enough the comment I put up questioning the journo has magically disappeared :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:41 pm

Talking about some piece of shit from the sun newspaper, feast your eyes on this piece of shit

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... n-manager/

It is a scandalous piece of journalism and funnily enough the comment I put up questioning the journo has magically disappeared :roll:
That shameful cùnt is not a journalist augie he's a reporter at best a complete hack in reality.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

"Blind hatred" towards Dick? Not sure where that accusation has come from SteveO. Admitting the man is not good enough is not being hateful. I like him and I dearly wish he had been hugely successful for many reasons and am gutted he is failing so miserably but failing he is. It's a shame but there it is mate.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Midz

Post by Midz »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:10 pm
Love those mad geordie fu.ckers :lol:

https://metro.co.uk/2019/11/08/newcastl ... -11066069/
The last report I read was £100K a week but this one is £130. Whatever he's on is too much.