The Arsenal captain 2019/20

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Jock Gooner

Re: The Arsenal captain 2019/20

Post by Jock Gooner »

goonertone wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:42 pm
I refuse to accept the result of the players vote and demand they hold it again!
:lol:

Zanatos3

Post by Zanatos3 »

goonertone wrote:
I refuse to accept the result of the players vote and demand they hold it again!
its like BREXIT....

Sudden WTF!

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Zanatos3 wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:59 am
goonertone wrote:
its like BREXIT....

Sudden WTF!
I never thought of that nor did the author I'm sure :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:18 am
Blim wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:31 am
We have some dark days ahead with captain catastrophe leading the troops, I hope he picks a good vice as we are going to need him with the walking nightmare gets sent off. Emery is already making excuses for him by saying.....He gave the players the choice, they chose Xhaka, FFS who manages the team Emery or the players??? :cussing:
He gave the players the choice...!!!! :banghead: I was desperate for Emery to suceed but the doubts about him rack up .
The downfall of Emery is nigh!

Blim

Post by Blim »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:52 pm
Bradywasking wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:18 am
Blim wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:31 am
We have some dark days ahead with captain catastrophe leading the troops, I hope he picks a good vice as we are going to need him with the walking nightmare gets sent off. Emery is already making excuses for him by saying.....He gave the players the choice, they chose Xhaka, FFS who manages the team Emery or the players??? :cussing:
He gave the players the choice...!!!! :banghead: I was desperate for Emery to suceed but the doubts about him rack up .
The downfall of Emery is nigh!
I think you could be right, he seems to have a lot of Wengerisms in him, I just hope he doesn't go senile on us.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:12 am
Zanatos3 wrote:
goonertone wrote:
its like BREXIT....

Sudden WTF!
:lol: :lol:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

from todays Sun.....

A man with absolutely no discernible footballing attributes. A man who has given away more penalties than any other player during his time in the Premier League.

A man who consistently makes mistakes leading to opposition chances and goals.

A man who recently said his team were scared of Watford and was booed off the pitch at home to Villa, before the team staged a great comeback, because he was no longer playing.

He is captain of a club previously led by Frank McLintock, Tony Adams and Patrick Vieira.

Seriously WTF does Emery see in this guy?

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:52 am
Jock Gooner wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:12 am
Zanatos3 wrote:
goonertone wrote:
its like BREXIT....

Sudden WTF!
:lol: :lol:
we need to accept the will of the team.
lets all get behind Xhaka :barscarf:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Redarmy wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:54 am
from todays Sun.....

A man with absolutely no discernible footballing attributes. A man who has given away more penalties than any other player during his time in the Premier League.

A man who consistently makes mistakes leading to opposition chances and goals.

A man who recently said his team were scared of Watford and was booed off the pitch at home to Villa, before the team staged a great comeback, because he was no longer playing.

He is captain of a club previously led by Frank McLintock, Tony Adams and Patrick Vieira.

Seriously WTF does Emery see in this guy?

Xhaka is not the answer to anything and quite frankly it's a fu.cking indictment of the current Arsenal that a plank like Xhaka is our captain. It's a disgrace that we have nobody else made of the right stuff to take on the role. PersonalIy, I could live with Laca as captain as his workrate is just about the best we have and tbh Sokratis would still be my next choice. I would have Luiz before Xhaka if simply because he has more experience than the swiss cheese and out of the two of them I think he is slightly less of a liability. I still have my hopes up that either Holding or Tierney have a bit of a streak in them that might lead them to take on the captaincy in due course although that remains one for the future.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Emery's eighteen months in charge can be defined by his appointment of Xhaka as captain. Emery's decision making is abysmal .

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Hard to ser where Xhaka goes from here, I’m sure a “ heartfelt apology” is being drafted on his behalf!
I doubt many will buy it though, already unpopular due to his shiteness, he has really shit his nest!

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

:lol:
Last edited by LeftfootlegendGooner on Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Tbh I only watched a few minutes of the game yesterday, we are just shit to watch and I am not wasting my time on a Sunday when I could be out walking the dog and then off to a lovely country pub.

So I haven't seen the xhaka incident but tbf he, as captain perfectly sums up our club at the moment, a giant fuckin joke.

My love for football started evaporating when the chav pricks started buying leagues and a cl afforded to them by some dodgy Russian gangster.

Then the no mark Manc club started to do the same and player prices started to shoot into the outer hemisphere.

Now with this TV money player wages are disgusting and very average players are multi millionaires.

And just when you thought it would be hard pressed to take football to an even lower level along comes the gift of VAR :lol:

I missed our two goals but saw their penalty when the ref was overruled, we all know saha dives but this won't be his last so we need to deal with it but I felt sorry for the ref who got it right initially.

I haven't seen our disallowed goal but understand from previous posts it was a shocker of a decision.

These two VAR decisions aside (And other teams have had shockers against them also), the real damage it is doing to football is the sponteanious celebrations, what do you do, wait to celebrate a few minutes after the goal is scored, it's ludicrous.

Obviously before VAR some celebrations were curtailed by a late call by the linesman but this was very quick and tbf you only have to glance quickly at the lino when the goal is scored before carrying on going mental.

Anyhow apart from all this football is all dandy.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

his attitude in walking off yesterday should see him never wear the Arsenal shirt again.

I have been one of the few on here to defend him, but I can't after that.
He deserves booing every time he sets foot on the pitch

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:00 am
Tbh I only watched a few minutes of the game yesterday, we are just shit to watch and I am not wasting my time on a Sunday when I could be out walking the dog and then off to a lovely country pub.

So I haven't seen the xhaka incident but tbf he, as captain perfectly sums up our club at the moment, a giant fuckin joke.

My love for football started evaporating when the chav pricks started buying leagues and a cl afforded to them by some dodgy Russian gangster.

Then the no mark Manc club started to do the same and player prices started to shoot into the outer hemisphere.

Now with this TV money player wages are disgusting and very average players are multi millionaires.

And just when you thought it would be hard pressed to take football to an even lower level along comes the gift of VAR :lol:

I missed our two goals but saw their penalty when the ref was overruled, we all know saha dives but this won't be his last so we need to deal with it but I felt sorry for the ref who got it right initially.

I haven't seen our disallowed goal but understand from previous posts it was a shocker of a decision.

These two VAR decisions aside (And other teams have had shockers against them also), the real damage it is doing to football is the sponteanious celebrations, what do you do, wait to celebrate a few minutes after the goal is scored, it's ludicrous.

Obviously before VAR some celebrations were curtailed by a late call by the linesman but this was very quick and tbf you only have to glance quickly at the lino when the goal is scored before carrying on going mental.

Anyhow apart from all this football is all dandy.

I hear ya mate, but don't lose heart just yet. There is so much more to look forward to.

You could at least wait for the FA to rule that it is mandatory to have a woman in every teams starting eleven.
Canned applause at matches, that is going to be amazing.
Live TV interaction, where you get to vote for the substitutions.
Ads shown each time the ball goes out of play.
RFID chips to replace season tickets. :D
Only alcohol free beer served.
Compulsory hugs for the day trippers sitting either side of you, and selfies to prove that you participated in that part of the match day experience.
Celebrating a goal by holding hands and singing Kumbaya.

The possibilities are endless.
:D
*Obligatory emoji for the snowflakes who feel triggered by my post.