Kos refuses to travel to US for pre season tour

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Kos refuses to travel to US for pre season tour

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:54 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:57 am
SPARKSY wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:03 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:21 pm
sk-gtfo wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:45 am
Zzzzzzzzzzz why are we talking about what should be irrelevant players instead of rebuilding the squad?. That is the question that really needs answering.

I'm calling it now - I think we'll finish below 7th next season.
Oh ffs mate. We won't. The PL is THAT shit atm. :lol: Twenty of your dirty British pounds to a charity of choice says we finish top 6.
Palace, Leicester, Wolves, mid table sides who chucked 9 goals past us. I'm with sk-gtfo.
And how many of them finished above us? The point is a mid table team might beat us or put 3 past us but then they will go and get done 6-0 at citeh or get beaten by other mid table teams or by relegation fodder.

At present even at our worst we are better than most of the shit in the PL. Of course that might change if we keep slipping out further and further because of underinvestment in the squad. But at the moment that top 6 picks itself because of the gap in quality between them and the rest of the league.
up until now, yes you are correct.
the future is shaping up to be a bit different. probably not this season, maybe not even next, but the fact is that we are on a slow downward spiral if we no longer have any money to spend.
The post that started this said 7th this season. He's even accepted a bet on it. My point is we won't finish 7th or lower. What might happen in 2 or 3 seasons time is anyone's guess ffs.

Herd

Post by Herd »

And there lies the wub, even without any signings this window we are unlikely to finish below our lofty 5th or 6th position.

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:54 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:57 am
SPARKSY wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:03 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:21 pm
sk-gtfo wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:45 am
Zzzzzzzzzzz why are we talking about what should be irrelevant players instead of rebuilding the squad?. That is the question that really needs answering.

I'm calling it now - I think we'll finish below 7th next season.
Oh ffs mate. We won't. The PL is THAT shit atm. :lol: Twenty of your dirty British pounds to a charity of choice says we finish top 6.
Palace, Leicester, Wolves, mid table sides who chucked 9 goals past us. I'm with sk-gtfo.
And how many of them finished above us? The point is a mid table team might beat us or put 3 past us but then they will go and get done 6-0 at citeh or get beaten by other mid table teams or by relegation fodder.

At present even at our worst we are better than most of the shit in the PL. Of course that might change if we keep slipping out further and further because of underinvestment in the squad. But at the moment that top 6 picks itself because of the gap in quality between them and the rest of the league.
up until now, yes you are correct.
the future is shaping up to be a bit different. probably not this season, maybe not even next, but the fact is that we are on a slow downward spiral if we no longer have any money to spend.
hang on Rob, this isnt the Brexit thread is it :lol: :? :wink:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Herd wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:18 pm
And there lies the wub, even without any signings this window we are unlikely to finish below our lofty 5th or 6th position.
Maybe/maybe not(£) but does it matter anyway? - really what is the difference between 6th and 12th?, other than a few more quid that wiggy will pocket and participation in the Thursday night cup against Eastern Europe's fine.., err 3rd or 4th finest!, teams.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Still not stripped of the captaincy :roll:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:06 pm
Still not stripped of the captaincy :roll:
Joke of a club rodders

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Every time I think about this I cannot but help also thinking what would have happened to a player that tried this shit on during George's tenure. I think we all know the answer. :box:

I'm not blaming Dick here either. This is the culture we have let fester in the game.

The modern game is being ruined partly by player power and their fucking parasitic scum agents. Fuck equal employment rights - these dopey wankers are being paid an absolute fortune to kick a ball about ffs. :roll:

They should do as they are fucking told and shut the fuck up or try go and get a proper job. Privileged entitled pricks 99% of them. :censored:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:47 am
Every time I think about this I cannot but help also thinking what would have happened to a player that tried this shit on during George's tenure. I think we all know the answer. :box:

I'm not blaming Dick here either. This is the culture we have let fester in the game.

The modern game is being ruined partly by player power and their fucking parasitic scum agents. Fuck equal employment rights - these dopey wankers are being paid an absolute fortune to kick a ball about ffs. :roll:

They should do as they are fucking told and shut the fuck up or try go and get a proper job. Privileged entitled pricks 99% of them. :censored:
First thing is Kos would never have been captain under GG. He wouldn't have dared to refuse to travel had he played in that era. He woukd have been no more than a Colin Pates type of back up player had he stayed more than a season or two at the club. His injuries would have been seen as a liability instead of his return viewed as " like a new signing "..Kos wasn't the worst player or defender during the latter half of Wenger's era. But what does that tell you?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:06 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:47 am

First thing is Kos would never have been captain under GG. He wouldn't have dared to refuse to travel had he played in that era. He woukd have been no more than a Colin Pates type of back up player had he stayed more than a season or two at the club. His injuries would have been seen as a liability instead of his return viewed as " like a new signing "..Kos wasn't the worst player or defender during the latter half of Wenger's era. But what does that tell you?
Agreed on Kos as a player but I'm thinking more of what would have happened to an established first teamer or a captain like Bould or Adams if they tried that shit in that era.

The club and GG showed great loyalty sticking by TA6 during and after the drink drive jail time but if he had thrown his toys out of the pram and refused to play he'd have been either gone to a club of GG's choosing or fucked into the ressies to rot out the remainder of his contract.

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

Bloody froggies. Always getting big ideas about themselves.
Cuncha bunts.
Loved it when he went all in against the bin dippers (debut?) and got a golf ball size bruise for his effort.
Been ok in a mediocre defence since then.
But fvck me, he ain't a leader, and has been, well, French ever since.
Fvck him off. Don't let him leave. Put him in the reserves for a year.
W4nker

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Thought the club would've sorted this out by the time the squad got back. Emery was quite clear in saying the argument is between the player and the club, not him. It suggests Emery has little say in the player's contracts and signings.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Nos89 wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:27 am
Thought the club would've sorted this out by the time the squad got back. Emery was quite clear in saying the argument is between the player and the club, not him. It suggests Emery has little say in the player's contracts and signings.
The Sanllehis of the world have got to do something to earn their money now and again. The fact that there has been nothing announced just goes to show the shit state we are in.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Is this prick still captain of the club? :roll:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:07 pm
Nos89 wrote:
The Sanllehis of the world have got to do something to earn their money now and again. The fact that there has been nothing announced just goes to show the shit state we are in.
Come now, he's just signed a Spanish player, mainly down to Unai by all accounts, on loan..

This guy is a genius negotiator etc. :roll: :roll:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:23 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:07 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Come now, he's just signed a Spanish player, mainly down to Unai by all accounts, on loan..

This guy is a genius negotiator etc. :roll: :roll:
See how well our new super duper corporate structure is working. If we bring in enough bodies we won't have any cash for signings and will simply abstain from the distasteful habit of buying players. We are above all that common shit :suicide: