Season forecast

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
wilson2.0

Re: Season forecast

Post by wilson2.0 »

I backed us to win the league at 75/1 on betfair. I dont think he will win the league but I think the odds will shorten in time (they are already down to 48/1). Ill likely lay us to win the league is we get under 20/1 which will yield a pretty handsome profit.

Our squad is pretty decent. People are underrating us and I think anywhere between 6th-3rd is a genuine possibility.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:00 pm
1. City (by a distance)
2. Liverpool - just don't think they can get the luck they had last season but still think they are the 2nd best in the league
3 .Spurs - Sadly made some decent signings and suprised me that they haven't lost anyone big yet, lots of players into last year next summer though
4. Arsenal - done just about enough to finish ahead of..
5. Chelsea - losing Hazard and banned from buying, we need to take advantage of this, no ban and they'd probably get 4th!
6. United - Maguire is good but not £80M good, they will be a bit better but not enough for top 4, they could finish ahead of Chelsea though

----------------

We MUST take advantage this time, United spent a fair bit but I expected them to buy bigger in midfield or up front and Chelsea are hamstrung due to a well overdue ban, they are back in the CL and with Hazard money they would almost certainly have bought enough players to be better than us this season, we need to make this count and relegate them to outside the top 4 for a while.
Have to agree with yout prophecies Mystic Mog!.. :shock:
I think Liverpool rode their luck and with no transfer movement from the SCOUSE GITS, it just shows a lack of ambition.
Surprised that our club have really loosened the purse strings, even before SK the club were as tight as arsenals! :lol:
Shows the backing of our manager and at least he is slowly ridding us of the Wenger spell that was upon him last season, personally I would give him at least another five years to rid us completely of the Wenger era and this is a good start for him, and yes, fuck being biased a top 4 finish is possible...
I have no fucking interest in the other shites!

Up the Gunners! :spudsvafc:

Clash

Post by Clash »

Predictions for the season:
Champions - Man City
Arsenal - 4th

Essentials for the season:
No trophy for Spurs and no title for Liverpool (for the 30th season in a row)

Certainties for the season:
The usual Sky / BT hype and contrived drama
VA f-ing R taking up most of the analysis
Steve Bruce moaning a lot
Solskjaer resigns (portrayed as a sign of the man’s class rather than the fact he was shite :rolleyes)
Steve Bruce sacked

Random hopes for the season:
Lampard out of his depth
Xhaka grows a brain
Potless Potch leaves the Spuds in January and becomes their latest Judas figure
Shawcross's wooden leg catches fire in the night when he's asleep

:barscarf:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Clash wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:01 am
Predictions for the season:
Champions - Man City
Arsenal - 4th

Essentials for the season:
No trophy for Spurs and no title for Liverpool (for the 30th season in a row)

Certainties for the season:
The usual Sky / BT hype and contrived drama
VA f-ing R taking up most of the analysis
Steve Bruce moaning a lot
Solskjaer resigns (portrayed as a sign of the man’s class rather than the fact he was shite :rolleyes)
Steve Bruce sacked

Random hopes for the season:
Lampard out of his depth
Xhaka grows a brain
Potless Potch leaves the Spuds in January and becomes their latest Judas figure
Shawcross's wooden leg catches fire in the night when he's asleep

:barscarf:
Well you’ve given it a lot of thought , well done.

Think we could finish 3rd, nowhere near city and pool but that’s not realistic at this moment.

I’m looking forward to seeing quick counter attacks not the slow laborious build ups that fall down when it gets to Iwobble.....

Pepe is very direct, Tierney will bomb on (and more importantly has the legs to get back,) when fit

We just need our centre midfield to be solid and protect our still shaky defence better -

Europa Cup final is in Gdańsk this year - sort your travel out early doors.

Here’s looking forward to the new season :barscarf: up the Arsenal

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Winners: Liverpool
Rest of the Top 4 : City, Arsenal, Wolves.
Relegated: Sheffield Utd, Burnley, Newcastle
Top Scorer: Aubameyang
Flops: United to struggle to finish 6th
Dark Horses: Wolves
Player of the Year: Pepe
Young player of the year: Reiss Nelson
First Manager Sacked: Lampard

City have just lost Sane with a Cruciate for 6-7 months.

that's 14 goals and 13 assists they are missing. so i think the mickeys will edge it.

we will finish 3rd, three points behind city. we were 2pts off 3rd last year and this year we are much much better.

the squad is younger, deeper and technically better. i would not rule us out of winning it if we are still in touch in February. dreaming i know, but could you imagine if we pipped the scousers to the Title and started a new reign of terror lasting a decade again ?

I was not impressed with Lampard at Derby, not at all. its a race between him and Solskjaer as to who's fans get sick of them first.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I’m going to buck the trend. I don’t think Liverpool will do so well this year. Last year was their chance imo. Without a decent front line (Firmino isn’t consistent enough) then I think they may struggle more just relying on the midfield to score goals.
For me,
1st - City
Then a close battle between Us, Spuds and the Bindippers for top 4. Chelsea and Utd to miss out, Solskjaer sacked by end of Jan. Everton to start well and Leicester to have a good season also.

Villa will either do well or tank badly and do a Fulham with so many new players. Burnley to struggle, Sheffield Utd going down, Palace really struggling.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Thats why citeh wont win plge, fucking up already!

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

My prediction, poxychinos will be the Chav$ki manager next year