Season forecast

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
dano

Season forecast

Post by dano »

Who do you forecast in the top four, and who relegated?

For me, Arsenal does 4th. Man City for the title (again)

gp543

Re: Season forecast

Post by gp543 »

Winners: City
Rest of the Top 4 (any order): Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham
Relegated: Sheffield Utd, Brighton, Newcastle
Top Scorer: Aubameyang
Flops: United to struggle to finish 6th
Dark Horses: West Ham
Player of the Year: Kevin de Bruyne
Young player of the year: Alexander-Arnold
First Manager Sacked: Hodgson

abaum5

Post by abaum5 »

gp543 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:44 pm
Winners: City
Rest of the Top 4 (any order): Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham
Relegated: Sheffield Utd, Brighton, Newcastle
Top Scorer: Aubameyang
Flops: United to struggle to finish 6th
Dark Horses: West Ham
Player of the Year: Kevin de Bruyne
Young player of the year: Alexander-Arnold
First Manager Sacked: Hodgson
Player of the year to de Bruyne? Will be tough after his injuries! My best is on..... LACA!

abaum5

Post by abaum5 »

Certainly after summer transfer biz Chelsea and United to finish outside the top 4! We must let them play first however

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

1. City (by a distance)
2. Liverpool - just don't think they can get the luck they had last season but still think they are the 2nd best in the league
3 .Spurs - Sadly made some decent signings and suprised me that they haven't lost anyone big yet, lots of players into last year next summer though
4. Arsenal - done just about enough to finish ahead of..
5. Chelsea - losing Hazard and banned from buying, we need to take advantage of this, no ban and they'd probably get 4th!
6. United - Maguire is good but not £80M good, they will be a bit better but not enough for top 4, they could finish ahead of Chelsea though

----------------

We MUST take advantage this time, United spent a fair bit but I expected them to buy bigger in midfield or up front and Chelsea are hamstrung due to a well overdue ban, they are back in the CL and with Hazard money they would almost certainly have bought enough players to be better than us this season, we need to make this count and relegate them to outside the top 4 for a while.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

We'll finish third behind City and the bin dippers and we'll win the UEFA Cup. Scum won't be any threat to anything at all, Man Ure and the chavs will be a laughable mess.

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

We'll be fighting for 4th with chelsea and man united again. City to win the league with ease.

Pulisic for best newcomer to the Prem but I hope its Pepe.

Aguero top scorer.

Ernie71

Post by Ernie71 »

Top 4: Champions: Liverpool
Runners up: Man City
3rd Spurs
4th Arsenal

Bottom 3:Norwich Sheff United Brighton

First manager sacked: OGS

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

1st City
2nd Arsenal
3rd Liverpool
4th Leicester
5th Manure
6th Wolves

Champions League - Man City
Europa League - Arsenal

Ziegler1988

Post by Ziegler1988 »

We'll finish between 3rd and 6th, if pressed I'll say 4th place but don't have a scooby about how the new signings will play out and if Fat Fwank is semi competent. City champions and Liverpool 2nd again, they are a cut above the rest. Relegation will be Burnley, Sheff Utd, and Brighton

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

And can we please stop using 'historic' club names:

1. Etihad FC
2. Merseyside Red Sox
3. Enic Inc.
4. KSE London Cannons
5. Merchandise Utd
6. CSKA Fulham

There you go. :twisted:

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

1st:- City, they'll take this without going to the final week this time;

2nd:- Liverpool, still ahead of everyone and albeit not getting lucky week in and week out their top quality is still there and will perform approx. 30-32 out of 38 matchdays;

3rd:- Arsenal or Tottenham, we've done a good window but hurts to say they've done one equally good. They haven't lost anything major and got two good players;

4th:- Arsenal or Tottenham, most probably us but we have serious improvements so hopefully the cùnts down the road;

5th:- The shit side of Manchester, they got Maguire in but he is no 80m VVD so they'd be back to EL next season. They are as dangerous as it gets but inconsistent and Ole's job not safe with Maguire and De Gea;

6th:- Chelsea, they lost Hazard and Luiz, their order is quite decent with Pulisic coming in but he's no Hazard the saviour. They'll be exposed with Lampard in the first season but expect them to knick 3pt against L'pool hopefully.

Relegated:- This one's tough, last year I saw the relegated teams from miles away, this one is a tad harder.. but I go with Sheffield Utd, Villa and Brighton.

Top Scorer: Auba, Augero or Salah the T3.

CL:- Juventus with City in the Final

EL: Arsenal, time for us to lift that shit somewhere in the middle of Europe and Asia. Oh, this time is somewhere a bit sensible

Edit:- Not to forget Wolves, these fuckers are good under Nuno and bought a few good pieces from Milan (Cutrone and Kessié, both talented and are quite good for the value). If they play like last season, it might be a EL spot for them opening up. That is, if they stop winning against top 6 and losing on Monday night against Sheffield United at home.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

1st Think the mousers have a great chance this season, Citeh’s fortunes will depend on two injury prone players, de bruyne and aguero, they’ve lost kompany and now sane to injury.
2. Citeh; see above
3. Spuds they’ve added enough to ensure top 4
4. Take your pick! I think our biggest weakness will be Emery himself (tactically) and our defence still looks very poor, with no pace whatsoever from the cbs and an injury or busy period away from seeing mustaphi in the starting line- up! Xhaka as captain!
On that basis I think we’ll miss out, though we may be able to outscore poorer opposition, given our improved attacking options.
Chavs? As others have said, no Hazard and transfer restrictions will probably scupper their hopes!
So I’m going for Utd for 4th, doesnt matter what they paid for maguire, he’s proven himself 95% reliable in this league, a couple of other decent prospects, means if Solskjaer can get them off to a good start and keep morale high, then they will have enough to take 4th spot!
Bottom 3, Toon, Brighton, Norwich

augie

Post by augie »

1st City - best team and squad in the league. Am surprised that they didn't do a bigger overhaul (both buying and selling) if I'm honest, but still
have too much class and seem to have a decent deputy for fernandinho now (something which was killing them in the past

2nd Victims - for me their midfield still doesn't convince, and if van dijk is out for any period of time the whole defence will come crashing down

3rd The Arsenal - outstanding transfer window and for the first time in years we will go into a season with positivity in the air. Do not
underestimate the importance that will have on a young team, who would have been weighed down by the negativity and
pessimism in previous seasons. The pace going forward will terrify opposition teams, and if we get bellend and Tierney fit and
into the team soon, we will have a much faster backline although we will still look porous on occasions

4th the scum - I don't think there should be as much positivity about their transfer window as there is. They sold trippier and didn't buy a
replacement, and they still are dependent on the 2 belguin (sp :oops: ) centre backs as well cos foyth and davison look error prone.
Their midfield core will take time adapting to English football, and it is far from certain erikson will be still there when the Spanish
transfer window closes. That being said, they are still streets ahead of the chasing pack

5th Everton - the thing that has held them back more than anything in recent seasons is a lack of a quality goalscorer, and if that kean lad hits the
ground running, they will be on course for a great season. Defensively they might still be suspect, but the midfield is still good and
gomes has proved inspired since he joined them

6th, 7th and 8th - between wolves, manure and the chavs and I really cant make up my mind which will finish where. How wolves cope with
European football will have a massive impact on where they finish, but I reckon the roofs are close to falling in on old shatford
and chelski - both have (at best) unproven managers, and both are going with unproven young players (possibly cos experienced
pro's might be harder to handle for young unproven managers), and if they don't start well the pressure from the fans will be
immense. If I was to make a call I would say that manure will finish above the chavs, but I certainly couldn't say it with any great
confidence.

18 Burnley

19 Norwich

20 Sheffield United

Champions League - Juventus is a good shout

Europa League - Arsenal if we set out to win it and if we look set for top 4

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

1st...Man City...untouchable I think...too strong to a point that they can absorb injuries and carry on..prone to odd freak results like Palace at home last year, but still way ahead of the majority of clubs.
2nd .Liverpool..but not as close as last season, too good to be caught by the chasing pack but won't sustain the intensity of a chase for the second season. Klopp is still a bluffer, albeit with a Champions League to his name.
3rd...Arsenal...again a position that can be achieved by being better than the others rather than being brilliant themselves..could be a few roller coaster games along the way..better than last season but still not enough to challenge.
4th...Tottenham Hotspur...only because I couldn't put them above Arsenal..another season of maybes,ifs and buts accompanied by a drooling media who will convince themselves until the last minute possible that Tottenham are contenders.
5th..Man Utd...Ole's wheel will be permanently in need of oiling...The man hasn't got it to manage at the top level.. He has strenghtened the defence but time will tell how much..Think he paid over the odds for two defenders.
6th... Chelsea., the transfer ban will hurt them..they have lost their best player and don't seem to have any one of quality in the squad to step up to that level.. Frank , in my opinion ,is a populist choice of manager which the club sanctioned to appease fans because they know what is coming. How long the Frank feel good factor lasts will be interesting and maybe crucial.

Relegation..Sheffield Utd, Brighton and Norwich City..
Champions League...The new look Barcelona..
Europa League ...Arsenal ..