AWAY to the Victims SAT AUGUST 24th 17:30pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Bradywasking

Re: AWAY to the Victims SAT AUGUST 24th 17:30pm

Post by Bradywasking »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:24 pm
Since my project team moved to a building in a different part of the city I've not had to listen to the utter gash the two armchair mousers used to spew out in the old building.

But was at a meeting today in the old place and sure enough bumped into one of them on the way in. Same old tosser deluded stupidity from the gormless prick about "this is our year we'll win the quadruple we'll beat Arsenal 6-0 on Saturday we'll blah blah blah". :roll:

I responded with "yeah you should try and get over for a game sometime huh?" without sounding sarcastic or spiteful. He just looked at me like I'd asked him the hardest question he'd ever been asked in his life. It was hilarious. I reckon the thick cùnt is still stood there now, trying to figure out was I being genuinely chatty or ripping the piss. :oops: :lol:

For those pair of thick fuckers I'd love to even just this once do them 4-0 up there.
I get in well socially with the Plastic Victims in my job ,but God do I cringe when they talk football...One said the other day at the lunch table , entirely for my benefit, "Arsenal don't bother us"...he then asked me was it a morning or evening game.
Last Saturday they were discussing their game with Southampton, one of them said "I presume we are away " .This is the crap you deal with on a daily basis from these people and thousands like them..

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Bradywasking wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:49 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Since my project team moved to a building in a different part of the city I've not had to listen to the utter gash the two armchair mousers used to spew out in the old building.

But was at a meeting today in the old place and sure enough bumped into one of them on the way in. Same old tosser deluded stupidity from the gormless prick about "this is our year we'll win the quadruple we'll beat Arsenal 6-0 on Saturday we'll blah blah blah". :roll:

I responded with "yeah you should try and get over for a game sometime huh?" without sounding sarcastic or spiteful. He just looked at me like I'd asked him the hardest question he'd ever been asked in his life. It was hilarious. I reckon the thick cùnt is still stood there now, trying to figure out was I being genuinely chatty or ripping the piss. :oops: :lol:

For those pair of thick fuckers I'd love to even just this once do them 4-0 up there.
I get in well socially with the Plastic Victims in my job ,but God do I cringe when they talk football...One said the other day at the lunch table , entirely for my benefit, "Arsenal don't bother us"...he then asked me was it a morning or evening game.
Last Saturday they were discussing their game with Southampton, one of them said "I presume we are away " .This is the crap you deal with on a daily basis from these people and thousands like them..
I think you can throw in manure supporters with pool ones, I've argued with these cunnts for years and most can't tell you how many titles they'd won before red nose arrived and how many he won ffs, I know more about their club than they do, fuckin morons :roll:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Back to the game, I am looking forward to this more so than last season because they are in no great shakes and I reckon it will be a tight affair.

Have to play ceballos because not only is he technically very good but he works his socks off and tracks back, torriera needs to start too and this will go against the grain but xhaka too.

He played very well in our games against spuds and chavs when we dominated midfield.

I wouldn't start doozy (although I rate him) because he will get caught on the ball too often (I know xhaka has that tendency too but he can spread the ball very well on his day).

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:04 am
Zanatos3 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:58 pm
The Truth...from an ExTERIOR fan source...WE'll see how it goes!
Headline:Arsenal's New Dawn: All Isn't as Rosy as it Seems at the Emirates (Seriously, Chill Out a Bit)
https://www.90min.com/posts/6437968-ars ... -out-a-bit
Writer: Chris Deeley
2019/08/21
90min.com
That is the worst article I've ever fucking read mate and it was written by an obvious scum fan ffs. :roll:
all the media are anti Arsenal....who gives a fuck

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:30 pm
Really important that Dick gets his tictacs right for this one. I hear what people are saying about playing them on the counter and if we had a defence then that would be an option but the thought of wave after wave of victim attacks will make for a very uncomfortable 90 mins. The more you let them come onto you the more intensity they build and the more the shite in the stands get behind them.

We need to try and hold onto the ball in the midfield and we are good enough to do that but at the same time we need to deal with their press. Anyone happy about us playing out from the back up there :shock: :suicide: Auba has got to be on it for this as he is the obvious option for a ball in behind the full back which might help to keep one of the fookers back. He can't be having one of his little sulks out on the wing. Whether he plays Pepe to occupy the other fullback is a thought. Bottom line is there is no place for anybody who isn't going to put a shift in. We've been screwed over too many times by these twats in the last few seasons when we've 'technically' only fielded 9 or 10 on the park so we can't afford to be carrying Ozils and Mhikis who can't be arsed to track back.

I'd love a win, I'd take a draw right now but I wouldn't be too upset with a close one goal defeat if we display the right kind of attitude.
Best post so far, we need to control the midfield if you let them have all the possession we will go under
The whole team has to work fucking hard defending starting from the front, forget Ozil he's history now
Going against the grain here with most posters but I seriously think they will put up a good account of themselves, result wise hard to call but be very surprised if we dont score in the 90 minutes at least one
Come on Arsenal we are due one against this fucking lot .....

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

We have to be "Up For It" right from the second before the whistle goes, because they will come out of the traps like a scouser running from the plod.

So right from the Get Go, we must be alert/awake/solid and fuckin' AT Them. :box: :box: :box:

#COYG :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

Was shocked to see this morning that only FOUR of our expected starting line-up tomorrow, started the game up there last season :shock: :shock:

Much talk this morning about dick giving ozil a chance until last minute to prove his fitness and is considering starting him - where would he start him ?? :? To my mind, looking at last weekends matchday squad, I couldn't see how ozil would even make the bench much less the starting line-up, so unless this is just a smokescreen I don't understand it. Torreira would start ahead of Willock imo, and everything else with matchday squad should reman the same (including formation).

1)ee

Post by 1)ee »

I have no confidence in getting a result from this game after watching our first 2 games.
I actually feel that were gonna end up embarrased although i really hope i am wrong.

Clash

Post by Clash »

Bradywasking wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:49 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

:) Takes me back to my school days BWK. One Monday morning exchange I remember, a boy asked: ''how did Liverpool do?'', reply: ''they beat Arsenal 2-1'' , him and a few other die-hard fans suddenly look to me: ''yessss! we beat you, we beat you'' :roll:

This particular game had bee live on ITV the day before and they didnt even know the score. Yet they still referred to Liverpool as 'we' :roll:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:01 pm

Have to play ceballos because not only is he technically very good but he works his socks off and tracks back,
zactly. he is very much the kind of player we've missed - for me, he upped the tempo in midfield by chasing, harrying and getting a foot in.

its the kind of job that Ljunberg and Parlour did - a disrupter with good feet.

i think he helped Willock and Dozer raise the tempo of their own game too - hassle, get the ball, and get rid of it forward.

yes, those two made mistakes and they will for a bit and Torreira is a safer bet right now, but i hope that is the quick mobile midfield that Dick is looking for - the kind that the commentators will say " City, Liverpool, Barca can't get a hold of the game in midfield"....

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Redarmy wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:09 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Zanatos3 wrote:
Headline:Arsenal's New Dawn: All Isn't as Rosy as it Seems at the Emirates (Seriously, Chill Out a Bit)
2019/08/21
90min.com
That is the worst article I've ever fucking read mate and it was written by an obvious scum fan ffs. :roll:
Yeah no shit sherlock. :wink: My comment isn't about the media. It's's about an Arsenal fan posting on an Arsenal forum a link to shit written by a scum fan and dressing it up as informed comment. :roll:

bergkamp10

Post by bergkamp10 »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:30 pm
Really important that Dick gets his tictacs right for this one. I hear what people are saying about playing them on the counter and if we had a defence then that would be an option but the thought of wave after wave of victim attacks will make for a very uncomfortable 90 mins. The more you let them come onto you the more intensity they build and the more the shite in the stands get behind them.

We need to try and hold onto the ball in the midfield and we are good enough to do that but at the same time we need to deal with their press. Anyone happy about us playing out from the back up there :shock: :suicide: Auba has got to be on it for this as he is the obvious option for a ball in behind the full back which might help to keep one of the fookers back. He can't be having one of his little sulks out on the wing. Whether he plays Pepe to occupy the other fullback is a thought. Bottom line is there is no place for anybody who isn't going to put a shift in. We've been screwed over too many times by these twats in the last few seasons when we've 'technically' only fielded 9 or 10 on the park so we can't afford to be carrying Ozils and Mhikis who can't be arsed to track back.

I'd love a win, I'd take a draw right now but I wouldn't be too upset with a close one goal defeat if we display the right kind of attitude.
The right team and keep it tight for the first 20 minutes is what is required. Whether we might actually be able to do that is another matter all together...................... :x :x

bergkamp10

Post by bergkamp10 »

clockender1 wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:34 pm
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:01 pm

Have to play ceballos because not only is he technically very good but he works his socks off and tracks back,
zactly. he is very much the kind of player we've missed - for me, he upped the tempo in midfield by chasing, harrying and getting a foot in.

its the kind of job that Ljunberg and Parlour did - a disrupter with good feet.

i think he helped Willock and Dozer raise the tempo of their own game too - hassle, get the ball, and get rid of it forward.

yes, those two made mistakes and they will for a bit and Torreira is a safer bet right now, but i hope that is the quick mobile midfield that Dick is looking for - the kind that the commentators will say " City, Liverpool, Barca can't get a hold of the game in midfield"....
Clock, all great points but I would worry with Ceballos starting the match tomorrow TBH. I am not positive he will be able to handle the tempo
. That said if after 60 mins we are within touch of the Victims them I would bring him on then. Torreira, Dozer must both start 2trw as well.

Just no Granit Xhaka please............ :roll: :evil:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Not sure about Dozer starting this one, he is good given time and space but he dithers too much and is likely to get caught out too often by the Victims high press, definitely torreira and ceballos to start I'd even consider Chambers behind the two of them almost as an old fashioned sweeper/deep lying midfield which he played well for Fulham last season. They are good no matter how much we hate to admit it and we cannot seed the initiative to them or they run all over us, our defence is still prone to panic and needs proper protection.

Right now I'd take a draw but tomorrow I'll want the win COYG :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:02 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:09 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Zanatos3 wrote:
2019/08/21
90min.com
Yeah no shit sherlock. :wink: My comment isn't about the media. It's's about an Arsenal fan posting on an Arsenal forum a link to shit written by a scum fan and dressing it up as informed comment. :roll:
lost me with that one.... :rubchin: rubbish by a moron, dont deem it worthy of comment or repeating
Stand by the fact that most media is anti Arsenal, and that includes the internet