AWAY to the Victims SAT AUGUST 24th 17:30pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: AWAY to the Victims SAT AUGUST 24th 17:30pm

Post by augie »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:19 pm
Dick fucked up today

Absolutely agree - tactics were shocking

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:19 pm
Dick fucked up today
My worry is that nothing will be learned today- laca has caused them all sorts of problems since he came on and Torreirras quick feet has turned defence into attack for us.

We should of been 451 with laca up front and that’s the way we should also be set up at City, Milan , Juve, Barca etc.

Today was naive - PL runners up and CL champions away and we tried to out pass them. :banghead:

Freddie needs to have a fucking word. :rubchin:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Ok Dick....we'll keep it real simple. Either Xhaka goes or you do!!

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Next game is huge now, beat Spurs and everyone will be upbeat again, lose and the knives will be out.

I'm betting on a draw then... :roll:

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

I know the last 15 minutes Liverpool were cruising, but it showed what a mistake it was not starting Lacazette and Torriera. And that playing around the box bollocks will put 10 years on me if we continue it next wee.....just fucking boot it upfield to mix it up and take the pressure off our defence.

Positives - Pepe looked lively even though he should have at least worked the keeper more for his one on one. Willock is showing flashes, Guendouzi is a solid tidy player who never stops running (but he needs to learn to stop knocking the ball back into dangerous positions), Laca and Torriera added a bit of zip and fight to our play.

Negatives - Xhaka.....I may as well have been playing he was that shit. The free kick in the last few minutes just summed him up. A little dink into a runner that got dispossessed when we had them them nervous and had men in the box. Aubameyang is such a home player, hardly did anything and sauntered around the halfway line and doesn't defend from the front. David Luiz.....a braindead twat who Chelski were happy to get rid of!

Starting to think Allegri with this team would be a major improvement!

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Ceballos looked much better when he was further forward.

Luiz to be fair worked hard but i have always said he has one mistake a game in him.

Auba seems to have been slightly off all three games so far.

Him and pepe are too similar to start unless laca is in the middle.

i truly hope Dixon spoke to Freddie at Anfield after the game - todays tactics are not going to work against the top five away from home.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

A bit harsh to criticise Emery's tactics. He went too defensive and held Liverpool at bay until matip piled through for a headed goal from a corner.

We got through twice before their first goal and should have been level at half time. Cellabos struggled in the wide position but after last week v Burnley he deserved to start. I would've gone with out strongest 3 up front and left Xhaka on the bench. Hopefully, Holding, Bellerin and Tierney will be fit ny the time they visit us and I think we'll do them at home.

Considering Liverpool haven't lost since Palace beat them in march 2018, some 44 matches ago and they are on their best run of games since 1990, aren't we being a bit harsh on the team on this occasion?

We are still building and our best defenders aren't fit we are where Liverpool were in 2016/17.

There's 35 games to go and this is by far and away the toughest away game we'll play in the league. It's over and done with early.

Riotof91

Post by Riotof91 »

Nos89 wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:46 pm
A bit harsh to criticise Emery's tactics. He went too defensive and held Liverpool at bay until matip piled through for a headed goal from a corner.

We got through twice before their first goal and should have been level at half time. Cellabos struggled in the wide position but after last week v Burnley he deserved to start. I would've gone with out strongest 3 up front and left Xhaka on the bench. Hopefully, Holding, Bellerin and Tierney will be fit ny the time they visit us and I think we'll do them at home.

Considering Liverpool haven't lost since Palace beat them in march 2018, some 44 matches ago and they are on their best run of games since 1990, aren't we being a bit harsh on the team on this occasion?

We are still building and our best defenders aren't fit we are where Liverpool were in 2016/17.

There's 35 games to go and this is by far and away the toughest away game we'll play in the league. It's over and done with early.
Liverpool had a top manager in 2017, Emery isn't a top manager and wiII not get a big job when he Ieaved ArsenaI

There are results, and there are performances. We were always going to lose today. Today in isolation doesn’t matter. However, when you add this to the way we’ve really struggled to create meaningful chances against Newcastle and Burnley, the picture changes...

Poldi

Post by Poldi »

shu wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:01 pm
Xhaka is pure shite , I needs to realise that
:cussing:
MrT wrote:
Wed May 18, 2016 3:14 pm
Poldi wrote:DON'T sign Xhaka, not for 43 million, not for 4,3. Just don't. :banghead: Not fit to wear that shirt. not by a mile. Arrogant pr*ck, easily picks up yellow and red cards, totally invisible in important games (worse than what critics in Germany claim to be the case for Özil)
He's exactly what people have been crying out for. Am arrogant tough c*nt with solid technical ability. He is highly rated for a good reason and only 23.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Three stupid goals to give away...Sokratis was holding Van Dyke which in the end stopped Guendouzi jumping and Luiz done what Luiz does twice .His defence of the penalty was comical afterwards..Yes three individual errors but we are also a long way behind them.

markyp

Post by markyp »

Emery fucked up, ok we showed fight but cmon not even teams like Bournemouth and Southampton go to anfield every single season and get dicked, this, has been going on for years, its a piss take, even in our pomp we weren't dicking top 6 teams every single time they visited Highbury. Ceballos was fucked after 30 mins, it was as clear as the nose on your face, he should have been taken off at half time for torriera, xhaka and guendouzi still off absolutely nothing, never have never will, its laughable that anybody thinks we can even compete with those two in team.dicks had 3 transfer windows to get a top CB, so far he's done fuck all, he is looking more and more like another wenger. We will be stronger once bellerin returns and Tierney steps in but only stronger going forward!! We will once again be scraping top 5 from what we've seen so far, we are light years off challenging
Last edited by markyp on Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Midz

Post by Midz »

Like the rest of you I'm very disappointed with what happened today.

When you pay 72m for a player you expect him to be a little more clinical when he has a one on one.
Early days, I know, give him a chance. He does have some nice quick moves in his armour though.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Nos89 wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:46 pm

Im saying the manager didnt consider that...

The team i thought largely did well - pepe had two lovely touches to give himself that chance.

Dozer and willock showed energy, AMN & nacho defended well, leno was solid again, Ceballos was better further forward after HT, but the set up was wrong for us to get front to back quickly.

Auba is not the same player without laca too.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Midz wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:07 pm
Like the rest of you I'm very disappointed with what happened today.

When you pay 72m for a player you expect him to be a little more clinical when he has a one on one.
Early days, I know, give him a chance. He does have some nice quick moves in his armour though.

One of my contract managers was at the Kop today, not a scouser but a victims fan....he called me yesterday to tell me he was going to be there and I said 3 - 1 to Liverpool.....he was genuinely surprised, he was apprehensive about the game. It amazes me that some of the fans from the top clubs still think we're a good side. It staggers me that anyone on here thinks we are.

Saw the Newcastle game, thought it was absolute shite but cut them some slack thinking we would see a huge improvement at home to Burnley. More of that same shite. And now suddenly we are going to go to Anfield and give them a real fight:? :? :?

It's irrational.....we are not playing in a football comic.

GTG

Post by GTG »

Having been up there every year bar this one I've seen some absolute hidings. I dont blame dick for trying to play them on the break.

Theres no excuse for not playing laca though. Our hardest working striker away from home. Then to bring him on for 10 mins what was the point.

We appear to have ourselves another stubborn fucker because Xhaka keeps getting picked and hes not learning.

Wed have lost this whatever happens. Hes got to get it right next week