AWAY to the Victims SAT AUGUST 24th 17:30pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Jock Gooner

Re: AWAY to the Victims SAT AUGUST 24th 17:30pm

Post by Jock Gooner »

augie wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:49 am
Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:59 am
My current victims away approach is quite simply please don't let them embarrass us again.

Whether we have the discipline to avoid overcommitting to attack and leaving the defence wide open, I'm not so sure.

Whether we have the will to drag our arses back when we need to defend worries me although tbf if he plays Torreirra and Ceballos then the two of them will put in a shift.

We all know what the victims are about - their front line is everything and needs to be controlled as best we can and we also need to try to stop their fullbacks getting forward. Their midfield is hardworking and functional and we can't give them the time to play into the front three.

If we can stay compact and play sensible football then we might just give ourselves a chance of nicking something from the game - a point would be an excellent result at this stage of the season. Whether we can get the balance right is anyone's guess just now. This will be an opportunity for Dick to show what he has learnt from the PL so far, I just hope he doesn't decide to go all '4 - 3' on us and put in the PAL front three to take them on :shock: :lol:

I get the thinking behind a 5-3-2 formation, but I would much rather go with a 4-3-3 formation for exactly that reason 8) For years we use to rightly slate the French cock for his refusal to adapt tactics (what tactics :lol: :lol: ) based on the opposition, and I agree that the obvious thought would be to go with a back 5 to combat their front 3, but I feel it might be a lot better tactically if we played auba and pepe on the wings to keep their full backs from going forward. The thought of either monreal or kolasniac being isolated on the wing against their full back is the stuff of nightmares for me.
I honestly believe that our midfield 3 is better than their midfield 3 IF we play like men and don't hide with their fans turn up the heat. If our midfield stand up to their opponents, then it leaves their defenders (particularly their full backs) as the sole suppliers to their front 3, and I think that the thought of leaving space behind for the speed of auba and pepe would be enough to keep their full backs pinned back. This system however, would absolutely be reliant on lacazette and auba being bang at it, and I don't think that has been the case in our opening 2 games - laca in particular looks off the pace, and his hold up and link play has to be better on saturday

Yes indeed if we are going to go toe to toe with them then 4-3-3 and the PAL front line is the way to go in order to put the fear of christ up their fullbacks and to worry their entire defence. I agree that if our midfield are going to man up then we can more than match them there too as they are not a 'CL quality' midfield imo but I'm just not sure that we can bring the level of intensity required up there to see it through. I still can't quite get past their front three having a run at our back four though - that sends a shiver down the spine :shock: Given the speed of Auba and Pepe I wonder whether he might just sacrifice Laca and play the two of them which would still give the victims plenty of cause for concern while allowing a more cautious approach to the rest of the team. There are pros and cons either way and it will be interesting to see what he does on Saturday. Just as long as we don't find ourselves 2 goals down after 15 minutes!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

No matter the score or the result one thing you can bet your life on is that Stupid Teeth will make it all about him by jumping around and clowning with the cameras and then butting in on his players interviews like a fucking attention seeking braindead social media obsessed teenaged girl. :roll: :censored:

Hate the goofy tramp looking cùnt even more than I hate Moron-hio. :censored:

Head says the victims win.
Heart says we win.
Gut feeling is we might nick the win.

That's a win then! :lol:

Zanatos3

Post by Zanatos3 »

Ceballos showed us what we were missing in Midfield since Santi!🕺🏼🌊⚔️🛡️🛠️💥

Xhaka has been dulling the midfield [:horseshite:] for YEARS with NOTHING close to Ceballos Quality!

So the Mid field Partnership at DM this Season & Especially at LIVERPOOL!

Torreira + ANYBODY[Except Xhaka]

Gunedouzi ✔️/ Willock ✔️ / Luiz✔️[If Holding returns] / Ceballos✔️[if Ozil returns..or not 👻]

/The water boy✔️....& if ALL THESE GUYS go 'missing' due to a SUDDEN...inconspicuous 'illness'👻

THEN....XHAKA can play...

ON THE BENCH!!!

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:42 pm
No matter the score or the result one thing you can bet your life on is that Stupid Teeth will make it all about him by jumping around and clowning with the cameras and then butting in on his players interviews like a fucking attention seeking braindead social media obsessed teenaged girl. :roll: :censored:

Hate the goofy tramp looking cùnt even more than I hate Moron-hio. :censored:

Head says the victims win.
Heart says we win.
Gut feeling is we might nick the win.

That's a win then! :lol:
Hoping for a really good performance, no doubt up front we will score if given a chance, but worried about our fullbacks whether that's AMN, Kolasinac or Monreal they will be under extreme pressure, lets hope they dont start that fucking around at the back, that will be difficult to watch

Zanatos3

Post by Zanatos3 »

Ceballos showed us what we were missing in Midfield since Santi! :box: :idea: :bond007: :dicko: :fencing:

He CONTROLLED that Midfield like it was his own BACKYARD!!! :redengine:

Thats what we've been missing in the middle! Dynamism!!!

Xhaka has been dulling the midfield [ :horseshite: ] for YEARS with NOTHING :tumbleweed: close to Ceballos Quality!

So the Mid field Partnership at DM this Season & Especially at LIVERPOOL!

Torreira + ANYBODY[Except Xhaka]

Gunedouzi / Willock / Luiz[If Holding returns] / Ceballos[if Ozil returns..or not ]

/The water boy....& if ALL THESE GUYS go 'missing' due to a SUDDEN...inconspicuous 'illness'

THEN....XHAKA can play...

ON THE BENCH!!!

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

************************If anyone intends driving up to this match be aware the M6 is under huge construction and down to 50mph
( if you are lucky) for a very long stretch of the journey.*********************

I spent 7.5 hours making a journey on Friday which can be done in 4.5 up to Southport.

COYG :barscarf:

Zanatos3

Post by Zanatos3 »

Awaiting the WEEKEND Line up against Liverpool be like :heads:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Don't know how true this is and I can't be arsed checking

Since 2013/14 they have beat us 22-8 on aggregate at Anfield, if true that's a disgraceful stat.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:19 pm

Since 2013/14 they have beat us 22-8 on aggregate at Anfield, if true that's a disgraceful stat.
Pity Wenger wasn't still around, he could "talk us through" those misleading scorelines.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

All them cartoons man, they need to fucking go.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Zanatos3 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:45 pm
[

ON THE BENCH!!!
FFS.. Can you quit with the Big Icons etc...it wastes so much time scrolling through them.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:37 am
:high5:

Too fucking right

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

StuartL wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:27 pm
************************If anyone intends driving up to this match be aware the M6 is under huge construction and down to 50mph
( if you are lucky) for a very long stretch of the journey.*********************

I spent 7.5 hours making a journey on Friday which can be done in 4.5 up to Southport.

COYG :barscarf:
Thanks for the heads up mate...

I guess we shouldn't be surprised though, you know the victims they'll do anything to gain an edge... They're either throwing stones and breeze blocks at the opposing teams coach or stealing the hubcaps of visiting fans cars (TWICE!!!)..or fucking up the roads...

Buncha jobless theiving lazycunts

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:37 am

Putting up pics of titties is unacceptable, but putting up those eyesores is ok ? :roll: :wink:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

xisstential wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:52 am
mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:19 pm

Pity Wenger wasn't still around, he could "talk us through" those misleading scorelines.
yeah..... we always won on expected goals according to Wenger