SCUM (H) Sun 1st Sept

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
markyp

Re: SCUM (H) Sun 1st Sept

Post by markyp »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:26 am
markyp wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:56 am
Emery fucks this one up and he's under pressure, this is his team now, his players, his selection, the honeymoon is over, Emerys Arsenal starts proper this afternoon otherwise bye bye Dick
3 games into the season FML! Judge him at the end of the season and stop being so knee jerk.

I would be more worried if I was managing Chelski or Manure right now.
It's not knee jerk it's based on some dubious team selections and lack of tactics in his first year with us, the europa final, Liverpool last week, spurs away last season and General lack of understanding of the importance of the defence which 3 transfer windows in he's yet to address, add to that his love in with xhaka. Just because he isn't wenger doesn't mean he's the right man

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

Team news upcoming rumour of Xhaka at left back,if so big gamble as will be on a yellow first attempted tackle he makes :shock:

augie

Post by augie »

Topside Northbank wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:24 pm
Team news upcoming rumour of Xhaka at left back,if so big gamble as will be on a yellow first attempted tackle he makes :shock:

Son's pace against xhaka is the stuff of nightmares - I know xhaka normally plays from the left, but if you were the scum manager wouldn't you switch him over ??
On the plus side it should confirm torreira starting :barscarf: :barscarf:

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

augie wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:27 pm
Topside Northbank wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:24 pm

Son's pace against xhaka is the stuff of nightmares - I know xhaka normally plays from the left, but if you were the scum manager wouldn't you switch him over ??
On the plus side it should confirm torreira starting :barscarf: :barscarf:
Looks like it was just a rumour Xhaka in midfield Pepe,Auba,Laca start they are playing 3 cb's but a very attacking line up as well....be amazed if there isn't a lot of goals looking at those line up's

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

#afc XI: Leno; Maitland-Niles, Sokratis, Luiz, Kolasinac; Xhaka, Guendouzi, Torreira; Pepe, Lacazette, Aubameyang

Subs: Mkhitaryan, Ceballos, Ozil, Chambers, Nelson, Martinez, Willock

#ARSTOT #NorthLondonDerby

https://t.co/enSHvQqqcJ

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Arsenal: Leno, Maitland-Niles, Sokratis, Luiz, Kolasinac, Torreira, Xhaka, Guendouzi, Pepe, Lacazette, Aubameyang.

Subs: Martinez, Mkhitaryan, Ceballos, Ozil, Chambers, Nelson, Willock.

Spurs: Lloris, Sanchez, Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Rose, Winks, Eriksen, Sissoko, Lamela, Son, Kane.

Subs: Gazzaniga, Lo Celso, Alli, Aurier, Moura, Skipp, Davies.

augie

Post by augie »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:36 pm
Arsenal: Leno, Maitland-Niles, Sokratis, Luiz, Kolasinac, Torreira, Xhaka, Guendouzi, Pepe, Lacazette, Aubameyang.

Subs: Martinez, Mkhitaryan, Ceballos, Ozil, Chambers, Nelson, Willock.

Spurs: Lloris, Sanchez, Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Rose, Winks, Eriksen, Sissoko, Lamela, Son, Kane.

Subs: Gazzaniga, Lo Celso, Alli, Aurier, Moura, Skipp, Davies.

The scum restore erikson and vertonghon to starting line-up even though both could be sold in next 48 hours - must be squeeky bum time at the swamp :rubchin:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Ceballos on the bench

looks like lining up as 4-3-3

augie

Post by augie »

Are they playing a back 4 or back 5 ?

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

augie wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:51 pm
Looks like 4 to me

augie

Post by augie »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:58 pm
augie wrote:
Looks like 4 to me

Sanchez at right full ? :shock: I suspect it will be a back 5 with fat sissoko at right back, but hope I'm wrong

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

augie wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:03 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:58 pm
augie wrote:
Looks like 4 to me

Sanchez at right full ? :shock: I suspect it will be a back 5 with fat sissoko at right back, but hope I'm wrong
Yeah think you are right

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

I will be attributing neither blame nor credit on todays result!
NLDs arent won on the training ground nor by tactics on the day!
They are won by the team that is most up for it and doesn’t become overwhelmed by the occasion!
We’ve seen great results in this game even when Wenger was at his worst!
So anyone who thinks a good result today would win back their trust in Emery? they are deluded!
Away to Watford after the break will be a far better yardstick! A game we struggled to win despite Watford playing 70 + minutes with 10 men!
So I hope we win today, just as I always put my discontent with Wenger to one side for this game!
I’ve actually had a bet on 5–1 at 90/1 :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

An absolutely baffling selection in midfield - no Ceballos (if he hasn't been brought in from Madrid to play big games then why bother?), and even though we have Torreira, we still have to persevere with the Swiss plank. Three worker bees in the middle with not a single creative player to link up with the front three

Of course if it works we'll say it was a touch of genius but to me it looks like a midfield set to contain rather than create

augie

Post by augie »

goonersid wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:09 pm
I will be attributing neither blame nor credit on todays result!
NLDs arent won on the training ground nor by tactics on the day!
They are won by the team that is most up for it and doesn’t become overwhelmed by the occasion!
We’ve seen great results in this game even when Wenger was at his worst!

So anyone who thinks a good result today would win back their trust in Emery? they are deluded!
Away to Watford after the break will be a far better yardstick! A game we struggled to win despite Watford playing 70 + minutes with 10 men!
So I hope we win today, just as I always put my discontent with Wenger to one side for this game!
I’ve actually had a bet on 5–1 at 90/1 :barscarf:

When was the last one ? Emery has played 2 proper NLD (league games) and has had the players properly fired up for both, so by your yardstick dick has improved us :wink: