SCUM (H) Sun 1st Sept

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gunner Rob

Re: SCUM (H) Sun 1st Sept

Post by Gunner Rob »

after Saturday this match is great timing:

win this and we can forget Saturday and go 5 points clear of the scum :barscarf:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

I think we'll win this....last years 4 - 2 was probably our best game of the season. If he picks the right squad, we'll do them again. The players, even the newish one's, seem to have a sense of what this game means.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Must win match, nothing else will do :barscarf:

IF he plays what most of us would consider our strongest side then we win, if he fucks around again with tactics and selection then God knows what will happen.

I'd even consider something like:

Auba Laca Pepe

Ceballos

Luis Torriera

Nacho Chambers Papa AMN

Not ideal but probably better cover than with Nelson or Willock

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Advice to Emery, don't randomly leave players out or try to be tactically clever, just go at the *word censored*. If we run at them, they'll crumble. We'll win this 3-1 COYG :barscarf:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I have a really bad feeling Dick is going to put several lightweights in midfield.....Ozil, Mkhi, Xhaka........his dodgy team selections could easily cost us another game.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

TeeCee wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:49 am
I have a really bad feeling Dick is going to put several lightweights in midfield.....Ozil, Mkhi, Xhaka........his dodgy team selections could easily cost us another game.
Me too :( my arse is twitching like a rabbits nose at the thought..

Clash

Post by Clash »

TeeCee wrote:
Me too ... I am just hoping someone like Freddie will not allow him to do it! Not for this game!!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

TeeCee wrote:

IF ... "IF" he does do that, then he may as well FUCKOff Now, because that would show he really is most definitely NOT the manager many hoped or thought he might be.

Jeeezuss I hope you are wrong.

In Mid-field I want to see Torriera with Gendouzi as the protection for our back line.

Doubt if Tierney & Bellerin will be back yet either :?

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

holding played 90mins on Friday for the U-23.

he might make the Bench. though Luiz should understand how important it is to beat the spuds.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I think most of the players who played in the NLD last season will hav explained fully to any of the new players.

Also Luiz will be well aware of the rivalry between (North) London clubs, Tierney has played in a couple of Old Firm derby's so I'm sure he will be up to speed.

Auba having fucked up last year when he took such a poor penalty which cost us the win, will be up for it and Lacazette is definitely well versed in the NLD.

Any of the youngsters in the squad or team having come through the academy will I'm sure be straining at the leash.

But form means nothing in these goddamn awful things...

FFS COYG! :? :cussing: :box: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

cardinal2011

Post by cardinal2011 »

As usual I am going to this game with my two lads. Fuck knows why I bother going to it though as I (hardly) ever enjoy it and I end up making myself feeling ill. I am already getting that sick, dread feeling in the build up to it.

I might as well sit in a darkened room for two hours and save my money.

Going to guess at a 2-1 result to us. Auba to get 2 and Eriksen to come off the bench and score a late consolation for them.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

falkirk goon wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:37 am
TeeCee wrote:
That's probably the hemorrhoids playing up....

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

cardinal2011 wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:56 pm
As usual I am going to this game with my two lads. Fuck knows why I bother going to it though as I (hardly) ever enjoy it and I end up making myself feeling ill. I am already getting that sick, dread feeling in the build up to it.

I might as well sit in a darkened room for two hours and save my money.

Going to guess at a 2-1 result to us. Auba to get 2 and Eriksen to come off the bench and score a late consolation for them.
I feel your pain buddy. I feel nauseous right now just writing about it. :|

I used to go to this game every season for about 20 years more or less. And then 2010 happened.

We had destroyed the vermin in the first half. Absolutely cruised to a 2-0 lead (even the Camel scored! :shock: ) and at half time the talk in the NB was all about would we get 5 or 6.

Then the dirty vermin came back and won 2-3. Probably the angriest and most distraught I've been after a game with the exception of Lehmann the Clown throwing away the CL in Paris. :censored:

And then my mates kind of banned me from going to this fixture because, and I quote, "you must be some kind of jinxy cùnt or something". :lol:

Love and hate the NLD in equal measure. If we win I'm on a high for days afterwards. Lose and I'm like a bear with a gaping arse wound. :x

gazzatt2

Post by gazzatt2 »

Nos89 wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:59 pm
falkirk goon wrote:
TeeCee wrote:
Or the scar tissue 😮

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

gazzatt2 wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:27 am
Nos89 wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:59 pm
falkirk goon wrote:
TeeCee wrote:
Or the scar tissue 😮
:shock:

:lol: