SCUM (H) Sun 1st Sept

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: SCUM (H) Sun 1st Sept

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:56 pm
Maybe Augie, id be more concerned that emery thought he played well

Baffling comment - if it wasn't just words where he is defending his players (something all managers do), then there really is no hope for the guy. I could have watched that game from the moon as seen how shit xhaka was, so it would be hard to comprehend how dick would believe his own words

augie

Post by augie »

TeeCee wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:23 pm
Doozy and Laca were top drawer today, very impressive.

Xhaka - no words needed, Leno looked very dodgy with his handling but made a couple of decent saves. Sokratis is another liability, I love his heart and fight but he’s just not very good.
Pepe is not really impressing but give him time, he has an excellent touch and a bit of pace. Ceballos was excellent when he came on.

For me I would love to see the following team play
Leno
Bellerin
Tierney
Holding
Sokratis
Torreira
Doozy
Ceballos
PEA
Pepe
Laca

I thought pepe looked really tired from the 60th minute on - it seemed that his legs were gone and his reactions seemed slow, and they always say that mental tiredness hits quicker and harder than physical tiredness

Sutch2

Post by Sutch2 »

Alot of people on twitter lauding the spirit to come back, yeah, it was good, but we shouldn't need to come back in the first place, we keep putting ourselves in these positions, right from the team selections. Emery continues to fuck us over with his starting XI, why is he so conservative?! Look what Ceballos did when he came on, injected us with that spark right from the off. Could you imagine Klopp going "Oh, I'm not going to start my most creative player today, I'll protect the back four with three DMs when we're at home and only go down the wings"?

I can understand that he wants a CM on either side to protect Maitland Niles and Kolasinac but still, no creativity in the middle before Ceballos. We should also have started Nelson and left Pepe on the bench to bring on, they'd have been terrified of his pace 60 mins onwards, Nelson is quick as fuck himself so he'd have been a better choice than Pepe.

As for the first goal, Xhaka and especially Sokratis attempted jump was pathetic, Kane (*word censored*) is surrounded by a CB and a DM yet he still wins the header, and as for Leno, fucking pathetic. He makes some really good saves but fucking hell he costs us so many times. There was a stat that since the start of last season, we've made 11 errors that lead to goals, and Leno is now responsible for 6 of them. He played over 250 games in the Bundesliga, how does he still make these mistakes? Is he Lehmann's brother?

I thought we'd lost it at the end when Sokratis put his hands on Kane, yes Kane slowed down and backed into him but Sokratis shouldn't be putting his hands on him, I thought that was it, Atkinson could have very easily given that, and talking of penalties, when is Leno ever going to save one?

Final thought, a player that no-one mentions; Winks. He's an arrogant little *word censored* even off the pitch, hate the little fucker.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Fuck. :barscarf: :barscarf:

cardinal2011

Post by cardinal2011 »

Just got home from the game (after a couple of sherbet's and then South Eastern fucking me about!) and have a few thoughts -

Xhaka - what else can I say about this useless cu*t that has not been said a thousand times over? He must be shagging Wiggy's missus or something to still be starting in this team. Captain to boot? FFS.

Pepe - I am getting a little concerned about him. Yes I know that it is very early days and that he needs time. However I was amazed he lasted 90 minutes today. He seems lightweight and prone to panic. His decision making and distribution was very questionable at times. I hope that I am wrong but I have a feeling that we may have a French Feo on our hands.

Danny Rose - What a tw*t!!. Even Spud fans I talk too seem to hate him.

Emery - For the 1st time I am having doubts.

Guendowzi - Well played lad. More of that this season would be great.

Auba and Laca - Great pair of lads and both seem to have got what it means to play for The Arsenal.

The crowd - I admit that on most match days it can be embarrassing listening to the support at the bowl. However we can put it in for the big games. Today was great. It could have really turned nasry at 0-2. But the crowd kept on and I think it made the lads on the pitch really think about what this means to the fans. Well done today lads. We played our part in the come back.

Derby day is always a horrible day. At 44 minutes in if I was offered a draw then I would have ripped your hand off. Therefore I have to he satisfied with this result I suppose.

Next.

augie

Post by augie »

Sutch2 wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:44 pm
Alot of people on twitter lauding the spirit to come back, yeah, it was good, but we shouldn't need to come back in the first place, we keep putting ourselves in these positions, right from the team selections. Emery continues to fuck us over with his starting XI, why is he so conservative?! Look what Ceballos did when he came on, injected us with that spark right from the off. Could you imagine Klopp going "Oh, I'm not going to start my most creative player today, I'll protect the back four with three DMs when we're at home and only go down the wings"?

I can understand that he wants a CM on either side to protect Maitland Niles and Kolasinac but still, no creativity in the middle before Ceballos. We should also have started Nelson and left Pepe on the bench to bring on, they'd have been terrified of his pace 60 mins onwards, Nelson is quick as fuck himself so he'd have been a better choice than Pepe.

As for the first goal, Xhaka and especially Sokratis attempted jump was pathetic, Kane (*word censored*) is surrounded by a CB and a DM yet he still wins the header, and as for Leno, fucking pathetic. He makes some really good saves but fucking hell he costs us so many times. There was a stat that since the start of last season, we've made 11 errors that lead to goals, and Leno is now responsible for 6 of them. He played over 250 games in the Bundesliga, how does he still make these mistakes? Is he Lehmann's brother?

I thought we'd lost it at the end when Sokratis put his hands on Kane, yes Kane slowed down and backed into him but Sokratis shouldn't be putting his hands on him, I thought that was it, Atkinson could have very easily given that, and talking of penalties, when is Leno ever going to save one?

Final thought, a player that no-one mentions; Winks. He's an arrogant little *word censored* even off the pitch, hate the little fucker.

Firstly, Ceballos was utter dogshite at anfield and there is no getting away from that - he is young and new to the league so we have to make allowances for that, but he never adjusted to the pace of the game last week and todays game was always going to be as fast. Ceballos was excellent when he came on for the last 25 minutes today when everyone else was slowing down - that is not a criticism of him, but is an acknowledgement that it is easier for him to come on fresh and dictate the game then.

Secondly, wtf are you talking about ? Have you watched many of the victims games ? They play 3 defensive midfielders (fabinho, Henderson and the dutch guy whose name I cant spell) in almost every game home and away :roll: The victims always go down the wings and their main source of creativity is their full backs. I honestly don't mind you slating the team and manager over things, but don't slate our midfield and claim them to be not as creative as the victims cos that it utter dogshite.

Serious question here, so if I'm wrong then I apologise, but are you even a Gooner ? Stating that we should have started 2 players who were so shit last week is bizarre, and I don't know of even a single Gooner who thinks that nelson should have started ahead of pepe :?

Sutch2

Post by Sutch2 »

augie wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:48 pm

Firstly, Ceballos was utter dogshite at anfield and there is no getting away from that - he is young and new to the league so we have to make allowances for that, but he never adjusted to the pace of the game last week and todays game was always going to be as fast. Ceballos was excellent when he came on for the last 25 minutes today when everyone else was slowing down - that is not a criticism of him, but is an acknowledgement that it is easier for him to come on fresh and dictate the game then.

Secondly, wtf are you talking about ? Have you watched many of the victims games ? They play 3 defensive midfielders (fabinho, Henderson and the dutch guy whose name I cant spell) in almost every game home and away :roll: The victims always go down the wings and their main source of creativity is their full backs. I honestly don't mind you slating the team and manager over things, but don't slate our midfield and claim them to be not as creative as the victims cos that it utter dogshite.

Serious question here, so if I'm wrong then I apologise, but are you even a Gooner ? Stating that we should have started 2 players who were so shit last week is bizarre, and I don't know of even a single Gooner who thinks that nelson should have started ahead of pepe :?
So by that logic, Aubameyang shouldnt have started today as he was shit last week as well.

The reason Ceballos was shit last week is because he was played out of position and Wijnaldum did a job on him. Plenty of people elsewhere are saying Ceballos should have started.

Nelson has pace to burn as well, unlike Pepe so far, he doesn't overthink everything in the box; as I said, Pepe would have been good to bring on in the second half.

Oh, does he? Is that the same with Oxlade Chamberlain now fit, and why he was so intent on signing Nabil Fekir last season? The reason I mentioned Klopp was if he was our manager, in a home game, I highly doubt he'd leave out a creative central midfielder and stick with Guendouzi, Xhakatard and a Torreira who's had his head turned by his agent.

So yes, I'm a Gooner; I would have thought you'd remembered my almost identical username from when I joined this forum over eleven years ago on my old account. Just look on twitter and you'll see a few people who wanted Nelson to start over Pepe.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

clummo123 wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:41 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:36 pm
clummo123 wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:30 pm
goonersid wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:20 pm
I’ve said before and I’m not attributing it to this performance!
This guy is the worst manager we have had at our club in my memory ie the 48 years since I was 7 years old!
He is a fucking imbecile and has shiwn that consistently since being appointed!
Surely you jest? Don Howe and Bruce Rioch take some beating.
Can forgive Rioch...he bought Bergkamp

Would that have included Terry Neil? terrible days under him only just missed relegation
Bergkamp was a David Dein signing before Rioch joined us.
This. ^^

Rioch had nothing to do with the Bergkamp signing. DD did the deal (on Wenger's advice apparently) and told Rioch "I've signed Bergkamp for you". Wrighty and DD have stated this publicly.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

TeeCee wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:23 pm
Doozy and Laca were top drawer today, very impressive.

Xhaka - no words needed, Leno looked very dodgy with his handling but made a couple of decent saves. Sokratis is another liability, I love his heart and fight but he’s just not very good.
Pepe is not really impressing but give him time, he has an excellent touch and a bit of pace. Ceballos was excellent when he came on.

For me I would love to see the following team play
Leno
Bellerin
Tierney
Holding
Sokratis
Torreira
Doozy
Ceballos
PEA
Pepe
Laca
Agreed think that's our best line up, nice too see Luiz out, Xaha rightfully gets all the stick but that Luiz is another liability

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:01 am
clummo123 wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:41 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:36 pm
clummo123 wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:30 pm
goonersid wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:20 pm
I’ve said before and I’m not attributing it to this performance!
This guy is the worst manager we have had at our club in my memory ie the 48 years since I was 7 years old!
He is a fucking imbecile and has shiwn that consistently since being appointed!
Surely you jest? Don Howe and Bruce Rioch take some beating.
Can forgive Rioch...he bought Bergkamp

Would that have included Terry Neil? terrible days under him only just missed relegation
Bergkamp was a David Dein signing before Rioch joined us.
This. ^^

Rioch had nothing to do with the Bergkamp signing. DD did the deal (on Wenger's advice apparently) and told Rioch "I've signed Bergkamp for you". Wrighty and DD have stated this publicly.
Yeah thats well documented we all know that, Dein done the deal, but my point was the MANAGER who unveiled Bergkamp at the press conference and handed over the shirt was Rioch, and officially goes down as Riochs first signing, even though he had nothing to do with it.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

XHAKATARD IS A CÙNT.

With that partly out of my system I think I've calmed down enough to post on this match. Maybe.

XHAKATARD IS A CÙNT.

The Dozer was exceptional yesterday. He was at the heart of nearly everything good we did and always looked to start attacks and win the ball back. MOTM just over Laca who scored a brilliant goal and ran himself into the ground. Proud as punch to see both in our famous jersey yesterday.

Sokratis and Side Show Chav were poor. Auba was poor first half but came into it well in the second. Torreira was a bit inconsistent but mostly good and got stuck in. Pepe has some great touches but his shot and final pass are pretty bad. A wait and see for me. Ceballos was good when he came on. Leno was awful for the first goal.

XHAKATARD IS A CÙNT.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Anyone who still thinks Emery is the man for the job must have some incredible footbaing insight that the likes of me can't see as it beggars belief that he can still be backed. How can anyone have Xhaka playing for them for a full season, have access to mountains of video evidence that he is shit yet still think he is the man for the job, this is Wengeresque. We did well to get a draw from 2-0 down but there are going to be a serious amount of points pissed away due to Emery this season. On a side-note, the media again prove how bad they are at their job by not calling out Kane for being a diving, cheating bastard, the same ones that were ready to hang Eduardo, bunch of *word censored*

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

for me Pepe is a big worry.

Looked headless when the final ball was needed and what was the story with the continuous floaty crosses.

Herd

Post by Herd »

XHAKA is a liability.
Our manager thinks hes great.
Conclusion, our manager is a liability too.
Cabellos got reamed at anfailed because of the ludicrous set up,again poor management. Miki brought on for lacazette WTF ?
Emery hasn't got a clue

augie

Post by augie »

Sutch2 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:18 am
augie wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:48 pm

So by that logic, Aubameyang shouldnt have started today as he was shit last week as well.

The reason Ceballos was shit last week is because he was played out of position and Wijnaldum did a job on him. Plenty of people elsewhere are saying Ceballos should have started.

Nelson has pace to burn as well, unlike Pepe so far, he doesn't overthink everything in the box; as I said, Pepe would have been good to bring on in the second half.

Oh, does he? Is that the same with Oxlade Chamberlain now fit, and why he was so intent on signing Nabil Fekir last season? The reason I mentioned Klopp was if he was our manager, in a home game, I highly doubt he'd leave out a creative central midfielder and stick with Guendouzi, Xhakatard and a Torreira who's had his head turned by his agent.

So yes, I'm a Gooner; I would have thought you'd remembered my almost identical username from when I joined this forum over eleven years ago on my old account. Just look on twitter and you'll see a few people who wanted Nelson to start over Pepe.

I said that if I was wrong about the Gooner bit then I apologise - yes I remember the original sutch username on here, but it doesn't necessarily mean you are the same dude

Anyway in my original post I didn't say that I don't know a single Gooner who would have started Ceballos today - I stated that I don't know a single Gooner who would have started nelson ahead of pepe

Also re Klopp, I don't deny that he wanted to sign fekir last season, but my point is that for the past 14 or so months Klopp have favoured playing 3 defensive midfielders in their midfield 3 - that isn't speculation cos it can be backed up with facts, so you cannot argue that Klopp is more adventurous in his line-ups than emery. Last weeked they were at home against us and played the aforementioned 3 defensive midfielders, whilst we played Ceballos and Willock in our midfield - whose midfield was more attack minded ?

Again, apologies if I offended you